Mountain Mission Expansion Complete

Mountain Mission Expansion Complete

There are 146 comments on the WCYB story from Nov 22, 2010, titled Mountain Mission Expansion Complete. In it, WCYB reports that:

For many years the Mountain Mission School operated under the radar in Buchanan County, Virginia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCYB.

what

Richlands, VA

#102 Dec 4, 2011
why wrote:
Maybe the Marrs family should start a new forum saying why they hate MMS. You say people are ignorant and liars and unless u showbactual proof-whos to say YOU ARE LYING? people do a lot of things for the spot light. MMS GREAT PLACE! PROUD ITS PART OF GRUNDY!
showbactual??
what

Richlands, VA

#103 Dec 4, 2011
why wrote:
Maybe the Marrs family should start a new forum saying why they hate MMS. You say people are ignorant and liars and unless u showbactual proof-whos to say YOU ARE LYING? people do a lot of things for the spot light. MMS GREAT PLACE! PROUD ITS PART OF GRUNDY!
proof-whos??
to why

Richlands, VA

#104 Dec 4, 2011
Was your message showbactual proof-whos of an MMS education??
why

United States

#105 Dec 5, 2011
My apologies, auto correct on my cell.....*show actual proof
why

United States

#106 Dec 5, 2011
Lol an MMS education ha......its actually a product of a lazy person typing on a cell phone. I didn't realize we were diagramming sentences and editing sentences. Its cute. Lets worry about the focal point not grammatical errors. MMS education is def one to be proud of. Say what u want but God blesses those who do his work.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Since: Jun 11

Big Rock,Va

#107 Dec 5, 2011
why wrote:
Lol an MMS education ha......its actually a product of a lazy person typing on a cell phone. I didn't realize we were diagramming sentences and editing sentences. Its cute. Lets worry about the focal point not grammatical errors. MMS education is def one to be proud of. Say what u want but God blesses those who do his work.

God will also judgae the ones who done what they did to me.They all worked for Mountain Mission School.I have seen some of the educated people from MMS...and can hardly read or write their own names.

http://buchanancountyindependent.wordpress.co...

In a few days or maybe today...an expose on MMS's abuses with names.
why

United States

#108 Dec 5, 2011
I've been affiliated with MMS since birth [I'm 26] and yes I've heard the allegations on Dr. McDonald but I don't know if they're true....God has mysterious ways of taking care of people. Look how he died? I have nothing but good memories from the school and yes, I'm white and from Buchanan Co. And my family isn't rich----so I wanted to clear that up.

I'm sorry for your upbringing and how things happened to you but for as long as I've been at MMS nothing like that has happened. Expose the school all you want if it'll get your point across, but one day you are going to have to forgive and move on. It isn't healthy. Like I said, never and I mean NEVER have I ever witnessed or heard any of these allegations while I attended, and I was there since birth. I hope your website will give you some closure. Ill pray for you and I mean that sincerely. Ill take up for the school til I die because but good has happened to me since I was there.
why

United States

#109 Dec 5, 2011
*nothing

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

#110 Dec 5, 2011
why wrote:
*nothing
I have closure with what happened to me there...and things changed drastically after corporal punishment was outlawed for kids.The fact remains..MMS went too far in some things they done.If some kid or adult spoke up now about someone else being abused in Buchanan County,people would want blood.I want Justice brought againist MMS,and the Truth admitted by MMS Teacher/administrators.Which is a pipe dream.

I am willing to put my name to a expose...hoping other students will come forward and do likewise.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

#111 Dec 6, 2011
http://buchanancountyindependent.wordpress.co...

Here is my story about MMS and abuses that occured there.
Heli

Grundy, VA

#112 Dec 7, 2011
wow can you guys please stop bashing MMS. Why not try visiting and see all the good things its doing and the lives that it's impacting for the better. I go there and if it wasn't for MMS I don't know where I would be. Please stop judging and let God be thejudge.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

#113 Dec 8, 2011
Heli wrote:
wow can you guys please stop bashing MMS. Why not try visiting and see all the good things its doing and the lives that it's impacting for the better. I go there and if it wasn't for MMS I don't know where I would be. Please stop judging and let God be thejudge.
I used to be a student there in the 1960's and know alot about MMS.There's nothing for me to see there.
God will judge MMS and the actions they done in the past.I haven't seen one good thing they done when I was there.Seperate families and keep them apart.Abuse kids and leep it secret from their contributors and local people.
Tell Randy Marrs hello...from his brother Johnny Marrs.I wrote this.I would also ask him to view this..but MMS blocks some internet content.
Ashley Stiltner

Port Republic, VA

#114 Dec 8, 2011
regina steele marrs wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to be a student there in the 1960's and know alot about MMS.There's nothing for me to see there.
God will judge MMS and the actions they done in the past.I haven't seen one good thing they done when I was there.Seperate families and keep them apart.Abuse kids and leep it secret from their contributors and local people.
Tell Randy Marrs hello...from his brother Johnny Marrs.I wrote this.I would also ask him to view this..but MMS blocks some internet content.
Ive been a student at MMS for years, and I'm very grateful for the wonderful upbringing and how they incorporate CHRIST into everything. Not a set religion. I came to MMS because I needed to be here and if it weren't for them, I'd truly be lost. You honestly need to visit the school and get to know us and our teachers and see nothing but GOOD has come out of the school. I am an example. I've come a long way and I'm just glad and proud of being here. I wish you all would just leave MMS alone UNLESS you honestly know what's going on up here. Our gates are open at all times. Maybe you should pay a visit to your brother and start to understand why he appreciated going to school there and WORKS there. Maybe you need Christ?? Please come to one of our services on sun morning/nite and wed nite. Please get to know why we love our school so much.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

#115 Dec 8, 2011
Ashley Stiltner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ive been a student at MMS for years, and I'm very grateful for the wonderful upbringing and how they incorporate CHRIST into everything. Not a set religion. I came to MMS because I needed to be here and if it weren't for them, I'd truly be lost. You honestly need to visit the school and get to know us and our teachers and see nothing but GOOD has come out of the school. I am an example. I've come a long way and I'm just glad and proud of being here. I wish you all would just leave MMS alone UNLESS you honestly know what's going on up here. Our gates are open at all times. Maybe you should pay a visit to your brother and start to understand why he appreciated going to school there and WORKS there. Maybe you need Christ?? Please come to one of our services on sun morning/nite and wed nite. Please get to know why we love our school so much.
You don't have enough money for me to visit MMS.I attend a different Church then yours...ask Randy why he can't go to my Church.Here's the reason...they will take away his license to Preach in the Church of Christ.I know probably 50% of your teachers at MMS.
I am not attacking MMS now...what they done on the 1960's and the abuses that happened.
They will not discuss this time frame and the atrocities that happened.I will not leave MMS alone.

When someone accuses someone/institution of abuse and misconduct...the first one attacked is the accuser.So remember to always side with the side being accused on physical abuse or sexual abuse...never side with the victim.You can put lipstick on a pig and clean it up real nice...it will always be a pig..no matter how much you change it.
Go ask Randy Marrs...being a Godly man and all.Why doesn't he visit his family or call them?Don't tell me he doesn't have time.A good example of MMS teaching...forsake your family.
Go ask Oakie Gardner to build my brother a home or anyone in Buchanan County.Ask Jim McGlothin to have Golf Tournaments for the poor kids in Buchanan County...and raise millions for them.

Tell MMS to allow their teachers/students access to the full internet sites...most are blocked.
misfit

Cedar Bluff, VA

#116 Dec 8, 2011
Clue me in wrote:
Sam Hurley would turn in his grave if he knew what his school has become. MMS was once a school for orphans from Appalachia but now who knows where these children are from? How do they find out about MMS? Who directs them to this school? I'm perplexed! Does anybody know how the foreign children happen to end up in this isolated place?
Who is this person you'll are talking about with CAFH?
sam hurley was the one that took in my husband, his brothers and sisters. my husband said they were treated worse than what some people treats stray dogs, they worked them like oxen in the field some pulling the plow while another guided the plow, got blistered in the sun, stuck to the sheets, some woman pulled the sheets off him skin and all, imagine this, sam hurley was no saint, he was in his day doing for his own gain, and just had the name of taking care of orphans, my husband still wakes up at night thinking he is the with sam hurley, ptsd.
little bo knows

Grundy, VA

#117 Dec 8, 2011
Parent of MMS Students wrote:
<quoted text>
I will gladly send copies of the checks showing tuition I was charged for my children to attend MMS as well. I too was charged $100 per month per child then $600 per semester per child, and the fee continues to increase. This "volunteer" bookkeeper obviously has no idea where the money is coming from. And yes, the tuition letter was signed by President, Cynthia Rodda.
Well guess what Cindy Rodda want being signing anymore papers for mms, she got fired her and Bill both as of dec 31 2011 they will no longer be with mms she was ask to resign but refuse so they fired her

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

#118 Dec 8, 2011
little bo knows wrote:
<quoted text>Well guess what Cindy Rodda want being signing anymore papers for mms, she got fired her and Bill both as of dec 31 2011 they will no longer be with mms she was ask to resign but refuse so they fired her
I would to believe this and hopes it happens.It would end the Charlie Sublett and Marvin Swiney line of President to MMS.
Not being smart...how did you hear about this happening.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

#119 Dec 8, 2011
misfit wrote:
<quoted text>
sam hurley was the one that took in my husband, his brothers and sisters. my husband said they were treated worse than what some people treats stray dogs, they worked them like oxen in the field some pulling the plow while another guided the plow, got blistered in the sun, stuck to the sheets, some woman pulled the sheets off him skin and all, imagine this, sam hurley was no saint, he was in his day doing for his own gain, and just had the name of taking care of orphans, my husband still wakes up at night thinking he is the with sam hurley, ptsd.
If your husband would be interested..I would love to talk to him about MMS.I have something in the works and looking for former students.I am on Facebook as Johnny Marrs and my email is [email protected] me any time.

Posted by

Johnny Marrs
little bo knows

Grundy, VA

#120 Dec 9, 2011
regina steele marrs wrote:
<quoted text>
I would to believe this and hopes it happens.It would end the Charlie Sublett and Marvin Swiney line of President to MMS.
Not being smart...how did you hear about this happening.
use just say a little bird told me and it is for sure true ,the swineys gets to still sit on the board ,but their vote will not be counted it is so sweet ,maybe now they will take the bill board down of cindy and a couple of the kids from mms thats up out pass claypool hill ,it makes me sick everytime i see it ,cause i know they don't care about those kids ,i know alot about the school
been there

United States

#121 Jun 17, 2012
why did they get fired?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grundy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buchanan DSS Board 2 hr Dss investigator 10
Cynthia Hurley 3 hr Biggest Johnson 2
You Cannot Masturbate Regularly And Call Yourse... (Sep '12) 3 hr tammi 57
Trey Adkins is a joke (Aug '13) 10 hr rambo 58
Lowlife trash 17 hr Jinx 4
Trey stomping his foot (Sep '13) 20 hr CS did right thing 53
DoubleKwik 23 hr tjl 9

Grundy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance