Mountain Mission Expansion Complete

Nov 22, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WCYB

For many years the Mountain Mission School operated under the radar in Buchanan County, Virginia.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of145
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

I love Buchanan County and Mountain Mission School makes me proud.
Old Grundy

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

Why are you proud of Mountain Mission? The school lost sight of it's own mission over twenty five years ago. it does nothing for the community. Mountain Mission is not what it used to be.
New Grundy

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

I didn't realize it was the job of a school for young children to "DO" anything for the community. I thought it was the communities job to "DO" something for our future generations.
Old Grundy

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

New Grundy wrote:
I didn't realize it was the job of a school for young children to "DO" anything for the community. I thought it was the communities job to "DO" something for our future generations.
Mountain Mission serves the Northern Virginia area. Mountain Mission lost sight of it's mission to serve the local people many years ago. I'll bet Sam Hurley rolls in his grave.
New Grundy

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

My children are from right here in Grundy, and they go to Mountain Mission. Mountain Mission has treated my children like family along with several other local students. It is not the schools job to serve the local people, it is the schools mission to serve children in need and children wishing a loving and safe learning enviroment. Wich they do very well.
Anonymous

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

Judged:

Old Grundy, you might be interested to know that people from the county stopped sending their kids to Mountain Mission as they used to, and stopped using it for its original purpose. Therefore, they have students from other areas...which are by no means limited to Northern Virginia. And many kids from Grundy still attend MMS as well. If you would take time to spend an afternoon there, you would find the most well-behaved, inspiring children on the planet.
Wildflower

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

Judged:

I have to say that I'm proud of all the children...and all the children in Buch Co. should be treated the same...it's worse than pulling teeth to get anything done to improve Hurley,Grundy,Whitewood,Counci l High schools especially...give them new gyms!...I don't know how true it is...but I heard that it's the doctors kids are the ones that go to MM... the most needy ones are still in public school cause they can't afford anything else.
Underpriviledged

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

Judged:

What does that charity CAFH--CHILDREN OF AMERICA FINDING HOPE ever do for the children in Buchanan Co? I saw in the paper where this charity got a large check from a coal co.Maybe we could get them to help these children this Christmas.
Sparkle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

Judged:

As far as anybody knows he has never spent a penny of the charity money on anything to help a child in Buchanan Co.
Hound Dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

Judged:

Money has been pouring into this charity now for about 15 years. He is a millionaire now, all tax free. He runs the road, fishes. chases women, buys land ,houses, vehicles, rv's all over the state of virginia.
shee

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

Hound Dog wrote:
Money has been pouring into this charity now for about 15 years. He is a millionaire now, all tax free. He runs the road, fishes. chases women, buys land ,houses, vehicles, rvs all over the state of virginia.
I volunteered with CAFH many years ago. I got out quick and fast. Its shameful how the money is spent..this make believe agency should be investigated
well well

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

How many success stories has come out of this place? I can remember hearing how that school took boys back in the 50s and worked them worse than slaves.
Volunteer

Grundy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

Is this school still like an orphanage or is it a private school now? As for this charity mentioned here it is kept very secret from the public. The only people who know it exist is the receipent of all this money and his family and the donors who pour the money into his pockets.The supervisors poured our tax dollars to him with us telling them that he was a con man and this was a scam for personal use. The donors are These big National league ball teams and coal co. Etc. We are not talking about chicken feed here.
ex volunteer

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

shee wrote:
<quoted text>
I volunteered with CAFH many years ago. I got out quick and fast. Its shameful how the money is spent..this make believe agency should be investigated
I too volunteered many years ago -this organization is the biggest sham. I can't believe it has been allowed to continue. I got out,money was spent for private vacations and out of state ball games.. He has no conscience
neighbor

Grundy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

It has been tax free money for him and his family now for 13 years and he has never done anything except buy hisself and his family the best of everything money can buy.
Burn MMS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2011

Judged:

This school should be burned to the ground just like Dr. McDonald burned. This place was nothing but pure terror for young kids who had the misfortune of being orphans. My father was molested by Dr. McDonald when he was at MMS, and they did nothing to stop it. I say burn it to the ground.
Clue me in

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2011

Judged:

Sam Hurley would turn in his grave if he knew what his school has become. MMS was once a school for orphans from Appalachia but now who knows where these children are from? How do they find out about MMS? Who directs them to this school? I'm perplexed! Does anybody know how the foreign children happen to end up in this isolated place?

Who is this person you'll are talking about with CAFH?
Grundy

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2011

Judged:

MMS is a private school. They charge mandatory tuition. Each year they raise the price... Lie to contributors tell them it is a school that serves low income. (not So) I took my children out because I could not afford to send them there. More are leaving this year,,
clued in

Grundy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2011

It is that low life rogue that lives on crooked branch road at Deskins. Saw on his site just now an average of $220,000.00 a year and has never done a thing for any child in Buchanan county. Also noticed on his site that the money you give walmart when you check out goes to him, among other big donors. Look up local charities or www.cafh.net .
Fact

Grundy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2011

looked up local charities vansant, va . His name is there

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of145
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Grundy Forum right now

Search the Grundy Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
I wish she knew 1 hr as the world of churns 23
fight in walmart 1 hr kat fight supporter 19
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 2 hr James 2,541
Aaron Hall 5 hr TGJ 2
school board 6 hr Think about This 69
Biggest Waste Award 6 hr Dont no 18
Jonathan & Tonya Boyd 23 hr BUSH 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grundy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••