“By the grace of god, I roam...”

Since: Feb 08

RVA

#267 Dec 8, 2012
sally sue wrote:
<quoted text>In Jesus Name Our God is able. i am praying
He doesn't seem to be able to do much, considering how much suffering and evil there is in the world.
just saying

Richlands, VA

#268 Dec 9, 2012
to the churches wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't seem to be able to do much, considering how much suffering and evil there is in the world.
He gave us freedom of choice. Many choose evil.
Heathen

Grundy, VA

#269 Dec 9, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
He gave us freedom of choice. Many choose evil.
http://www.atheistmemebase.com/wp-content/upl...

“By the grace of god, I roam...”

Since: Feb 08

RVA

#270 Dec 9, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
He gave us freedom of choice. Many choose evil.
This is a bogus, casuistic nonsense argument not even the best theologians have been capable of defending. I really doubt you're going to do much better, but let's hear it.
just saying

Richlands, VA

#271 Dec 9, 2012
to the churches wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a bogus, casuistic nonsense argument not even the best theologians have been capable of defending. I really doubt you're going to do much better, but let's hear it.
There's no need to argue. That is my belief. Yours is apparently different.

“By the grace of god, I roam...”

Since: Feb 08

RVA

#272 Dec 10, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no need to argue. That is my belief. Yours is apparently different.
Thank you for saving me the trouble of reading yet another unlettered defense of indefensible, then.
Heathen

Grundy, VA

#273 Dec 10, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no need to argue. That is my belief. Yours is apparently different.
Child molesters believe what they do isn't wrong. That's their belief. I believe differently.
Heathen

Grundy, VA

#274 Dec 10, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
He gave us freedom of choice. Many choose evil.
God give us "freedom of choice" (free will) does she?

My question: Why does god then choose to limit my free will?

Let's assume your belief that god created/controls all things is true for sake of argument. She limits my free will several different ways. First she created a universe with laws that would prevent most of my desires from occurring. I cannot fly like a super hero. God overruled my will and created gravity. God also limited my free will by allowing the will of others to conflict with my will. Why does god choose to allow the will of rapist to happen and prevent the will of the victim? Two conflicting wills and god chose to create a system where one will would be allowed and one would not? If we truly had free will then why doesn't she allow both wills? By what mechanism does she chose one over the other if she can only allow one will when two come in conflict?

In fact I would argue that if your assertion is true, god has limited 99.99(infinity)% of my free will. God could have created a universe with much more free will, one immune to conflicting wills, one unrestricted by gravity... etc... but she didn't.

Your hypothesis fails!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#275 Dec 10, 2012
"Heathen"Why are you still here' this got childish along time ago do you really hate the fact that people believe in God ? just give it up dude it aint worth fighting about.you need to get out more and have some fun get another hobbie or something..i'm still praying for you to see the light and i'm sorry for all the bad things i said to you i know i was really mean to you and i'm sorry i hurt your feelings. but God bless you and keep you and your family they are in my prays :)

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#276 Dec 10, 2012
to the churches wrote:
<quoted text>
You deserved to be mocked and made fun of for being what I can only truthfully describe as an idiot. That you believe in god is incidental to the fact that you're trying to defend your beliefs with facts and knowledge you clearly don't have. For every piece of atheist literature out there, there are 1,000 books on Christianity and at any point in your life I'm sure you had an opportunity to sit down and pick one of them up. If you had you would automatically be in a 1,000% better place to argue in defense of Christian faith, but you didn't. You've been mocked because this is the problem of nearly every Christian in America: they all believe, but they don't know why. They all believe and can't account for how their own religion works. They all believe but are astoundingly ignorant of even the very basic literature of Christianity, the Bible.
It's honestly not about you, personally (except for your feud with Heathen, which I don't know anything about). You simply represent a roughly average portrait of Unsophisticated American Christian and that's a very easy target for ridicule indeed.
ok if you want to mock me i really dont have a problem with that Jesus said i would be mocked and yet again jesus was right, but you see here's the thing you must ask yourself who are you to judge the fact is you can't judge all you can do is have an opinion and i think we both know what they say about opinions. well anyway God beless you :)
Heathen

Grundy, VA

#277 Dec 11, 2012
Vlad Tepes wrote:
"Heathen"Why are you still here' this got childish along time ago do you really hate the fact that people believe in God ? just give it up dude it aint worth fighting about.you need to get out more and have some fun get another hobbie or something..i'm still praying for you to see the light and i'm sorry for all the bad things i said to you i know i was really mean to you and i'm sorry i hurt your feelings. but God bless you and keep you and your family they are in my prays :)
Do you realize the hypocrisy of you calling me childish and saying I need to "see the light" or are you really that witless? Haven't I embarrassed you enough by exposing your true character from what you profess to be? Exposing you and all those who think like you are the reason I'm here! I'm not going anywhere, Thumper!

I thought I told you to set up the meeting with you and your preacher or slither away. Why do you not do either?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#278 Dec 11, 2012
Heathen wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize the hypocrisy of you calling me childish and saying I need to "see the light" or are you really that witless? Haven't I embarrassed you enough by exposing your true character from what you profess to be? Exposing you and all those who think like you are the reason I'm here! I'm not going anywhere, Thumper!
I thought I told you to set up the meeting with you and your preacher or slither away. Why do you not do either?
Maybe you should use your athiest powers and try and find me, and yes i called you childish what grown man sit's on topix and trys to tell people they aint no God, dont you have a job or any friend's ? and now your saying you have exposed me and my character lol forgive me for laughing but you have to understand i could easy be a million people, do you really believe in all them book's you read if so that's really sad for you. at first i thought this was fun but now i see your really hardcore about this witch is why i suggiest we dont meet because i really dont play well with athiest' and another thing i told you i was sorry but you seem to want to keep pushing this and that's something you dont want to do, so for the best of us both let's try and be peaceful from now on ok..God Bless :)

“By the grace of god, I roam...”

Since: Feb 08

RVA

#279 Dec 11, 2012
Vlad Tepes wrote:
<quoted text>ok if you want to mock me i really dont have a problem with that Jesus said i would be mocked and yet again jesus was right, but you see here's the thing you must ask yourself who are you to judge the fact is you can't judge all you can do is have an opinion and i think we both know what they say about opinions. well anyway God beless you :)
Jesus said a lot of conveniently aggrandizing things. And you can take this bleating about "judging," which Christians are so prone to doing, and stick it up your ass. I'll "judge" as I please and I'm not to be fooled into thinking you won't do the same.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#280 Dec 11, 2012
to the churches wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said a lot of conveniently aggrandizing things. And you can take this bleating about "judging," which Christians are so prone to doing, and stick it up your ass. I'll "judge" as I please and I'm not to be fooled into thinking you won't do the same.
it really is unneccessary to say anything about my ass for me that's rude and very unacceptable i'm trying to talk to you like an adult here not a child so i'm asking you nicely consider that next time when we talk on here Thank you ..
just saying

Richlands, VA

#281 Dec 11, 2012
Heathen wrote:
<quoted text>
God give us "freedom of choice" (free will) does she?
My question: Why does god then choose to limit my free will?
Let's assume your belief that god created/controls all things is true for sake of argument. She limits my free will several different ways. First she created a universe with laws that would prevent most of my desires from occurring. I cannot fly like a super hero. God overruled my will and created gravity. God also limited my free will by allowing the will of others to conflict with my will. Why does god choose to allow the will of rapist to happen and prevent the will of the victim? Two conflicting wills and god chose to create a system where one will would be allowed and one would not? If we truly had free will then why doesn't she allow both wills? By what mechanism does she chose one over the other if she can only allow one will when two come in conflict?
In fact I would argue that if your assertion is true, god has limited 99.99(infinity)% of my free will. God could have created a universe with much more free will, one immune to conflicting wills, one unrestricted by gravity... etc... but she didn't.
Your hypothesis fails!
If God gave you everything you "desire" you wouldn't appreciate that either.
Heathen

Grundy, VA

#282 Dec 11, 2012
Vlad Tepes wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should use your athiest powers and try and find me, and yes i called you childish what grown man sit's on topix and trys to tell people they aint no God, dont you have a job or any friend's ? and now your saying you have exposed me and my character lol forgive me for laughing but you have to understand i could easy be a million people, do you really believe in all them book's you read if so that's really sad for you. at first i thought this was fun but now i see your really hardcore about this witch is why i suggiest we dont meet because i really dont play well with athiest' and another thing i told you i was sorry but you seem to want to keep pushing this and that's something you dont want to do, so for the best of us both let's try and be peaceful from now on ok..God Bless :)
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
If God gave you everything you "desire" you wouldn't appreciate that either.
Is it religion that causes people to become oblivious to the obvious or are the clueless just drawn to religion? You people are masters of missing the point!

@Impaler Let me get this straight. So when you thought I was just kidding you resorted to threats and bullying but now that you know I'm "hardcore", as you put it, you don't want to meet? http://lmgtfy.com/...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#283 Dec 12, 2012
Heathen wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Is it religion that causes people to become oblivious to the obvious or are the clueless just drawn to religion? You people are masters of missing the point!
@Impaler Let me get this straight. So when you thought I was just kidding you resorted to threats and bullying but now that you know I'm "hardcore", as you put it, you don't want to meet? http://lmgtfy.com/...
So now you believe me to be a coward' honestly i dont think you understand imagine if we did meet do you speculate that i'm going to listen to your athiest bull sh!t and just agree and play nice? tell me something how do you see all this going down if we meet. and then i'll give you the true story on how i see it !!!
Heathen

Grundy, VA

#284 Dec 12, 2012
Vlad Tepes wrote:
<quoted text>So now you believe me to be a coward' honestly i dont think you understand imagine if we did meet do you speculate that i'm going to listen to your athiest bull sh!t and just agree and play nice? tell me something how do you see all this going down if we meet. and then i'll give you the true story on how i see it !!!
How do I see our meeting "going down"? LOL, that's easy. I see you continuing to make excuses as to why you can't meet. C.O.W.A.R.D.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#285 Dec 12, 2012
Heathen wrote:
<quoted text>
How do I see our meeting "going down"? LOL, that's easy. I see you continuing to make excuses as to why you can't meet. C.O.W.A.R.D.
Then stop hideing give me your name and how to find you and then you can call me a coward to my face is that so difficult why do you want to hide behind other people why not just you and me, if you dont want to give your name out on topix the give me your E-mail adderes give me something anything and stop fucking hideing all you do is hide ..i'm starting to think your really a woman who thinks she's a man,!!

“By the grace of god, I roam...”

Since: Feb 08

RVA

#286 Dec 12, 2012
Vlad Tepes wrote:
<quoted text>Then stop hideing give me your name and how to find you and then you can call me a coward to my face is that so difficult why do you want to hide behind other people why not just you and me, if you dont want to give your name out on topix the give me your E-mail adderes give me something anything and stop fucking hideing all you do is hide ..i'm starting to think your really a woman who thinks she's a man,!!
Color me surprised, he's a misogynist!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grundy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Picture 1 hr The Dude Abides 241
She sas fired but not him 1 hr Burger King 3
Anyone know tbe pic release date 3 hr Rhs 9
The Pic doesn't make the local papers? 6 hr JEW BOY 4
maried couple looking for other couples (Jan '11) 6 hr 🤡 118
AM was that bad? 6 hr Just saying 36
Poll Why does Pizza Hut waitresses get crappy tips? (Jul '10) 8 hr One 63
Role models #2 16 hr Google 13
Federal Indictments Mon GoKart Banditos 13

Grundy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grundy Mortgages