consecutive month in November, as employers announced plans to shed
57,081 workers from their payrolls. That was up 20 percent from the
previous month when announced layoffs totaled 47,724, according to the
latest report from global outplacement consultancy Challenger, Gray &
Christmas, Inc.
anniemae

Bristol, VA

#2 Dec 6, 2012
I am so sick of people like you who are so heart broken over who is President, that you keep on bashing him. The reason a large percentage of people are not working, is because they are too darn lazy. There are job fairs all around me, but nobody shows up for them. Employers have laid off people as long as time has existed. Go back to ole Ronald Reagan and look at this country when he was in office. So Mr Ringo or whomever you are, give it a rest. I know you are sad because ole Mitt isn't in the white house this Christmas. Maybe you can call him up, and he will be so inviting you can spend Christmas with him. So have a great day!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3 Dec 6, 2012
anniemae wrote:
I am so sick of people like you who are so heart broken over who is President, that you keep on bashing him. The reason a large percentage of people are not working, is because they are too darn lazy. There are job fairs all around me, but nobody shows up for them. Employers have laid off people as long as time has existed. Go back to ole Ronald Reagan and look at this country when he was in office. So Mr Ringo or whomever you are, give it a rest. I know you are sad because ole Mitt isn't in the white house this Christmas. Maybe you can call him up, and he will be so inviting you can spend Christmas with him. So have a great day!
Another stupid a$$ dem who cannot read....these are announced layoffs....says nothing about people looking for work. I guess you are saying these people wanted to be laid off. That is such a stupid idea,,but typical from an obammy supporter....
anniemae

Bristol, VA

#4 Dec 6, 2012
Suck it up! As I said layoffs will and have happened as long as time exist. Then they hire like crazy. Lets not forget about another stupid a$$ republican.

Location hidden

#5 Dec 6, 2012
anniemae wrote:
Suck it up! As I said layoffs will and have happened as long as time exist. Then they hire like crazy. Lets not forget about another stupid a$$ republican.
Layoffs up 34% from 2011 does not signal a stronger economy..... it signals a weakening economy...why do you idiots keep trying to discuss the economy with me...I will type real sloooowwww more people getting laid off if not goooooodddd ...get it now??? Obammy's deal are not working....oh yeah except the one to get more people on food stamps and welfare...People like you who don't know jack $hit accept their mammy was a democrat is why why have this perpetual ignorance that is rampant in our society!
Ben Grim

Grundy, VA

#6 Dec 6, 2012
Again you are spending lies and b;aming Obama for something he has nothing to do with. What you say does not match the real world number that you refuse to admit too. Just from your right wing spin sources. Layoffs are not up as matter of fact more people are going back to work right now according to the department of labor I know you refuse to except them as a source just your little world of lies that had Romney winning the election by 7% and just how did that work out for them. You are just another person in a bubble and refusing to see the real world. Face it Obama has made things better. You are just some stupid little man on welfare like most repubs out there yelling about how bad things are even though things are getting better. Just saying it over and over again will not make it true. We have goolge and we can look things up for ourselves and it takes 2 mintues to find out you are completely clueless.
Reality Sucks

Pikeville, KY

#7 Dec 6, 2012
sykes, wal mart, magic mart, the local gas stations and others are hiring, quit complaining about no jobs or lack of them. I know some of those people that were making $20 a hour that lost their jobs would not be caught dead swinging a mop or working at a cash register but the realty is they may have to do just that.
grow up

Grundy, VA

#8 Dec 9, 2012
anniemae wrote:
Unless it your job that is affecting your family....shut up about it ! It doesnt matter what party the president is in the facts are the facts ! You sound really low on here taking up for him when so many hard working men have lost there jobs ! Please fing something better to do with your time !

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#9 Dec 9, 2012
Johny Ringo wrote:
Job Cuts Up 20% in November
57,081 NOVEMBER JOB CUTS SECOND HIGHEST OF YEAR
CHICAGO, December 6, 2012 Job cuts increased for the third
consecutive month in November, as employers announced plans to shed
57,081 workers from their payrolls. That was up 20 percent from the
previous month when announced layoffs totaled 47,724, according to the
latest report from global outplacement consultancy Challenger, Gray &
Christmas, Inc.
Prehaps you should have copied the ENTIRE REPORT from Reuthers instead of taking out of context.

The ENTIRE report is as follows:

Planned layoffs at U.S. firms rose for the third month in a row in November, partly driven by the bankruptcy of Hostess Brands, a report showed on Thursday.

Employers announced 57,081 job cuts last month, the highest level since May and up nearly 20 percent from 47,724 in October, according to the report from consultants Challenger, Gray & Christmas, Inc.

November's job cuts were also up 34.4 percent from the 42,474 seen a year ago.

Still, 2012 is shaping up to be a better year than last year. With one month to go, employers have announced 490,806 cuts in 2012, lower than 2011's total of 606,082 layoffs.

The bankruptcy of Twinkies maker Hostess in November accounted for 18,500 of the jobs lost. The computer industry, which has led layoffs for the year, cut 3,313 jobs last month.

"Job cuts this year have really been driven by a handful of large-scale cuts," Rick Cobb, executive vice president of Challenger, Gray & Christmas, said in a statement.

The approach of the Christmas holidays does not necessarily offer respite, Cobb said, pointing to the 11,000 job cuts Citigroup (C.N) announced on Wednesday as an example.

"The end of the year tends to see heavier downsizing activity, as companies make last-minute attempts to meet earnings goals or adjust payrolls based on the budget for the coming year."

The report comes a day ahead of the key U.S. jobs report, which is forecast to show job growth slowed sharply in November in the wake of superstorm Sandy.

++++++++++

Now, considering that the Jobs Report was actually better than expected negates your assertion

Location hidden

#10 Dec 9, 2012

Location hidden

#11 Dec 11, 2012
Ben Grim wrote:
Again you are spending lies and b;aming Obama for something he has nothing to do with. What you say does not match the real world number that you refuse to admit too. Just from your right wing spin sources. Layoffs are not up as matter of fact more people are going back to work right now according to the department of labor I know you refuse to except them as a source just your little world of lies that had Romney winning the election by 7% and just how did that work out for them. You are just another person in a bubble and refusing to see the real world. Face it Obama has made things better. You are just some stupid little man on welfare like most repubs out there yelling about how bad things are even though things are getting better. Just saying it over and over again will not make it true. We have goolge and we can look things up for ourselves and it takes 2 mintues to find out you are completely clueless.
Can you read fool? Do you even have the slightest idea about economics...I love it you just deny facts that I work with everday. That's because your just another stupid a$$ fool democrat who has no knowledge of finance! Here is your definition...fool!
Definition of 'Challenger Job-Cut Report'
A report, released monthly, that provides information on the number of announced corporate layoffs. The Challenger Job-Cut Report is produced by Challenger, Grey & Christmas and tracks layoffs by industry and region. The report is an indicator used by investors to determine the strength of the labor market.
Layoffs planned by U.S.-based companies increased 20% during November from the prior month, led by cuts in the food-services sector amid the bankruptcy filing by Hostess Brands Inc., according to data from consulting firm Challenger Gray & Christmas Inc. "Job cuts this year have really been driven by a handful of large-scale cuts," said Rick Cobb, executive vice president of Challenger. During October nearly a quarter of the 47,724 job cuts came from Ford Motor Co./quotes/zigman/264304/quote s/nls/f F -0.20%, Mr. Cobb noted. During May, Hewlett-Packard Co./quotes/zigman/229301/quote s/nls/hpq HPQ +0.28% announced 27,000 job cuts.

U.S.-based employers in November said they planned to cut 57,081 jobs, an increase of 34% from a year earlier. The tally represents the highest monthly total during 2012.
Check it out fool....don'tcha wish yo mommy had of taught you more.

heres ya liknk fool http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/CHALYOY%2525:I...
Ben Grimm

Richmond, VA

#12 Dec 11, 2012
Johny Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you read fool? Do you even have the slightest idea about economics...I love it you just deny facts that I work with everday. That's because your just another stupid a$$ fool democrat who has no knowledge of finance! Here is your definition...fool!
Definition of 'Challenger Job-Cut Report'
A report, released monthly, that provides information on the number of announced corporate layoffs. The Challenger Job-Cut Report is produced by Challenger, Grey & Christmas and tracks layoffs by industry and region. The report is an indicator used by investors to determine the strength of the labor market.
Layoffs planned by U.S.-based companies increased 20% during November from the prior month, led by cuts in the food-services sector amid the bankruptcy filing by Hostess Brands Inc., according to data from consulting firm Challenger Gray & Christmas Inc. "Job cuts this year have really been driven by a handful of large-scale cuts," said Rick Cobb, executive vice president of Challenger. During October nearly a quarter of the 47,724 job cuts came from Ford Motor Co./quotes/zigman/264304/quote s/nls/f F -0.20%, Mr. Cobb noted. During May, Hewlett-Packard Co./quotes/zigman/229301/quote s/nls/hpq HPQ +0.28% announced 27,000 job cuts.
U.S.-based employers in November said they planned to cut 57,081 jobs, an increase of 34% from a year earlier. The tally represents the highest monthly total during 2012.
Check it out fool....don'tcha wish yo mommy had of taught you more.
heres ya liknk fool http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/CHALYOY%2525:I...
Your Mother needs to teach you how to deal with reality and you must suck at your job if this is what you do for a living. Maybe that is why you are unemployed since you have no marketable skills. Unemployment rate is down yet again this month so you have no idea what you are talking about just throwing a bunch of things out as a distraction from the truth. I know you can't deal with the truth. I am going on the Department of Labor and you are not you have not quoted them once because they do not support what you claim. And the report you are quote are not actual job losses it is possible layoff at some point in the possible future which may or may not happen and things is change. So basically you only thing you have to cling to means very little just like you.

Location hidden

#13 Dec 12, 2012
Ben Grimm wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Mother needs to teach you how to deal with reality and you must suck at your job if this is what you do for a living. Maybe that is why you are unemployed since you have no marketable skills. Unemployment rate is down yet again this month so you have no idea what you are talking about just throwing a bunch of things out as a distraction from the truth. I know you can't deal with the truth. I am going on the Department of Labor and you are not you have not quoted them once because they do not support what you claim. And the report you are quote are not actual job losses it is possible layoff at some point in the possible future which may or may not happen and things is change. So basically you only thing you have to cling to means very little just like you.
You just continue to make a fool of yourself...but you are very representative of a sheep. The unemployment number is only a survey done by telephone. Check me out.. Actually unemployment claims weekly number which is also released by the labor department is very much representative of the economy. Also the number (layoffs)I referred to above carries much more weight than unemployment number. You just continue be be stupid. You are so lucky you have someone trying to educate you....but you remain a sheep. By the way the Fed met today and projected low interest rates thru 2015. I am sure you understand that means no improvement in the economy....then again I doubt you do...
Ben Grim

Grundy, VA

#14 Dec 15, 2012
Johny Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
You just continue to make a fool of yourself...but you are very representative of a sheep. The unemployment number is only a survey done by telephone. Check me out.. Actually unemployment claims weekly number which is also released by the labor department is very much representative of the economy. Also the number (layoffs)I referred to above carries much more weight than unemployment number. You just continue be be stupid. You are so lucky you have someone trying to educate you....but you remain a sheep. By the way the Fed met today and projected low interest rates thru 2015. I am sure you understand that means no improvement in the economy....then again I doubt you do...
You call me a fool and stupid yet you made a stupid statement that unemployment number come from a phone suryey. Which shows just how little yuou know\. The Department of labor count the number claims filed so that would be a real number of actual people unemployed not a possible projection of number that may or may not get laid off. I am sure they will look at projection but actual numbers would be given more importance. As for low interest rates that depends on which side of the transaction you happen to be on if that is good or bad if you are making money on interest then it would be bad if you are paying interest it would be good. And considering most of the country is in over its head in debt a lower interest rate would be a donsidered good but i am sure rich bankers are not so happy about it. Oh and the weekly released numbers show a decline in claims not an invrease like you are claiming. You just porved you are the one that needs an education not I.
cunune

Masontown, PA

#15 Dec 15, 2012
youtube.com/watch... Its all about getting lucky

Location hidden

#16 Dec 20, 2012
Ben Grim wrote:
<quoted text>
You call me a fool and stupid yet you made a stupid statement that unemployment number come from a phone suryey. Which shows just how little yuou know\. The Department of labor count the number claims filed so that would be a real number of actual people unemployed not a possible projection of number that may or may not get laid off. I am sure they will look at projection but actual numbers would be given more importance. As for low interest rates that depends on which side of the transaction you happen to be on if that is good or bad if you are making money on interest then it would be bad if you are paying interest it would be good. And considering most of the country is in over its head in debt a lower interest rate would be a donsidered good but i am sure rich bankers are not so happy about it. Oh and the weekly released numbers show a decline in claims not an invrease like you are claiming. You just porved you are the one that needs an education not I.
Ole Benn made a fool of again.......
United States Bureau of Labor statistics

Unemployment rate in the U.S. by county in 2008.[32]

1.23%

3.14%

4.15%

5.16%

6.17%

7.18%

8.19%

9.110%

10.111%

11.113%

13.122.9%

The Bureau of Labor Statistics measures employment and unemployment (of those over 15 years of age) using two different labour force surveys[33] conducted by the United States Census Bureau (within the United States Department of Commerce) and/or the Bureau of Labor Statistics (within the United States Department of Labor) that gather employment statistics monthly. The Current Population Survey (CPS), or "Household Survey", conducts a survey based on a sample of 60,000 households. This Survey measures the unemployment rate based on the ILO definition.[34] The Current Employment Statistics survey (CES), or "Payroll Survey", conducts a survey based on a sample of 160,000 businesses and government agencies that represent 400,000 individual employers.[35] This survey measures only nonagricultural, nonsupervisory employment; thus, it does not calculate an unemployment rate, and it differs from the ILO unemployment rate definition. These two sources have different classification criteria, and usually produce differing results. Additional data are also available from the government, such as the unemployment insurance weekly claims report available from the Office of Workforce Security, within the U.S. Department of Labor Employment & Training Administration
Don't you get tired of being a fool..... you ought to slap yo mama for not educating you!

Location hidden

#17 Dec 20, 2012
Ben Grimm wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way fool.....you do know that initial jobless claims this week were 361,000....check out this from bloomberg.... then admit you are a fool, and tell me how brilliant I am!!!....you may google
The number of Americans filing first-time claims for unemployment insurance payments rose for the first time in five weeks, a sign further improvement in the labor market depends on faster economic growth.

Applications for jobless benefits increased by 17,000 to 361,000 in the week ended Dec. 15, Labor Department figures showed today
k peck BBC

Grundy, VA

#18 Dec 20, 2012
A percentage of lay offs are due to seasonal work

Location hidden

#19 Dec 20, 2012
Johny Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ole Benn made a fool of again.......
United States Bureau of Labor statistics
Unemployment rate in the U.S. by county in 2008.[32]
1.23%
3.14%
4.15%
5.16%
6.17%
7.18%
8.19%
9.110%
10.111%
11.113%
13.122.9%
The Bureau of Labor Statistics measures employment and unemployment (of those over 15 years of age) using two different labour force surveys[33] conducted by the United States Census Bureau (within the United States Department of Commerce) and/or the Bureau of Labor Statistics (within the United States Department of Labor) that gather employment statistics monthly. The Current Population Survey (CPS), or "Household Survey", conducts a survey based on a sample of 60,000 households. This Survey measures the unemployment rate based on the ILO definition.[34] The Current Employment Statistics survey (CES), or "Payroll Survey", conducts a survey based on a sample of 160,000 businesses and government agencies that represent 400,000 individual employers.[35] This survey measures only nonagricultural, nonsupervisory employment; thus, it does not calculate an unemployment rate, and it differs from the ILO unemployment rate definition. These two sources have different classification criteria, and usually produce differing results. Additional data are also available from the government, such as the unemployment insurance weekly claims report available from the Office of Workforce Security, within the U.S. Department of Labor Employment & Training Administration
Don't you get tired of being a fool..... you ought to slap yo mama for not educating you!
Going to go out on a limb here and point out that, since you're quoting figures from 2008, the current POTUS did NOT take office until 1/20/09, during the MIDDLE of the climb of the recession.

My question to you is this - the corporations and companies keep bitching about needing LOWER tax rates to stimulate jobs. Yet, they've HAD LOWER rates this whole time and STILL HAVE NOT added jobs.

Interesting, and highly ironic that in the 90s, everyone had MUCH higher tax rates and companies were hiring all over the place. The fact that companies have learned they can fatten their bottom line, pay CEOs MASSIVE salaries while paying workers shit, not hire anyone, and keep bitching about wanting LOWER RATES while whining about how if they were LOWER they'd hire.

BULLSHIT! The fact is, they do NOT want to hire. Why should they when they can pay slave wages and have profits up the whazoo?
Ben Grimm

Richmond, VA

#20 Dec 20, 2012
Johny Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way fool.....you do know that initial jobless claims this week were 361,000....check out this from bloomberg.... then admit you are a fool, and tell me how brilliant I am!!!....you may google
The number of Americans filing first-time claims for unemployment insurance payments rose for the first time in five weeks, a sign further improvement in the labor market depends on faster economic growth.
Applications for jobless benefits increased by 17,000 to 361,000 in the week ended Dec. 15, Labor Department figures showed today
First off you are just plain stupid. Since you did not read the whole report or even look at the report. The the 4 week moving average was down by 13,000. And besides initial claims are only part of the the picture and do not tell you how many people total are currently unemployed. You just can't understand reality and you need some serious help.But you are a fool that has nothing else better to do but sit in a dark room hating the President because he is a success and you are not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grundy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GOP politicians 39 min Jerry 8
Trump Order passed No more internet for common... 58 min Mom 6
Seven Yr Old found Dead At Wimmer Gap RD Thu Sandrabeverly 8
Anyone that knew the Daniels family? (Tommy(Tho... Wed Curiosity Killed ... 1
Did Ermel Wolford r from big rock get arrested ... (Apr '09) Wed coming home 12
DoubleKwik Dec 13 Curious 11
Cynthia Hurley Dec 13 smh 6

Grundy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance