wreck near Lovers Gap
Neighbor

Keen Mountain, VA

#41 Mar 22, 2011
Amy was the one who wrecked on Lovers Gap. I seen her car there when it first happened. She drove a red firebird.
Neighbor

Keen Mountain, VA

#42 Mar 22, 2011
I get why you would think someone from Sykes wrecked there, but Amy lived down that road.

Check http://www.wcyb.com/news/27284576/detail.html to validate.
Anonymous

Port Republic, VA

#43 Mar 22, 2011
read just alittle more because it said that Brittney Grose Scott and i read it on www.wcyb.com and Brittney was one of my friends and she did work up at Skyes
Neighbor

Keen Mountain, VA

#44 Mar 22, 2011
I'm not sure where Route 712 is, but Route 83 is Lovers Gap Road. Google map it. I lived three houses down from her. I seen her car in the accident. Amy was on her way home and she lived on Lovers Gap.
Anonymous

Port Republic, VA

#45 Mar 22, 2011
I ain't worried about where they wrecked at i just know thatt amy died in a car wreck on monday and my friend brittney died tuesday morning in a car wreck too so we need to let them rest in peace if u will agree with me on that one thing please and just for us to pray for their family's
Neighbor

Keen Mountain, VA

#46 Mar 22, 2011
I do, I just don't want the two wrecks to be confused because their circumstances were very different.

"Trooper A.W. Boyd says 20-year-old Amy Nicole Adkins of Haysi, Virginia died when her car crossed the center line of State Route 83 (Lovers Gap) in Buchanan County, Virginia and struck another car head-on. It happened on the afternoon of Monday, March 21. Adkins died at the scene.

In a seperate incident, a Grundy man is now facing DUI and aggravated manslaughter charges in connection to a crash that happened just before four a.m. Tuesday morning.

The crash was a single car accident that claimed the life of 24-year-old Brittney Grose Scott of Grundy, Virginia. Scott was a passenger in a truck driven by Edward Shane Deel, also of Grundy.

According to Trooper Neece, the pickup ran off the right side of Route 712, overturned and threw the victim.

Scott later died at the Dickenson County Medical Center."
Anonymous

Port Republic, VA

#47 Mar 22, 2011
i know what u mean and i just want it to be left along because brittney baby will have to go through alot with out his mommy and i am sorry that i got them mixed up but just let quit talking about it let's just let them rest in peace because i know brittney and she was a good girl and a good mommy
wondering

United States

#48 Mar 23, 2011
Was the scott girl from haysi or grundy and how old was the scott girl, its so sad I tell ya we've really had some tragedies in the past week 1/2. Dear GOD I pray for these families of these girls they had there whole lives ahead of them I can't imagine what they are going through but dear Lord u say u won't put on us what we cannot bare Jesus I pray to give the families strength and faith to just put it in your hands you must have needed 2 more beautiful Angel's...Amen
sweet lord in heaven

Roanoke, VA

#49 Mar 23, 2011
I had just met Brittney a week and a half ago she was with Shag (kenny riley) and they was just engaged and thats somthing to say for shag because he sure never settled or even thought about setteling down with his other exs and he must have seen somthing very special in Brittney because they vell in love quiet fast. Maybe he had found his soulmate and now she's gone just as quick as she came into his life....they seemed so happy together, hugging and kissing and i know this has had to hurt him SOOOO bad ....and she had 3 babys that will not know their mom or get to make memories that some of us take for granted everyday. I pray dear lord jesus that you be beside both girls familys and friends! Help them through these dificult times, and wipe the tears from their eyes. Its very true that you never know when you see a loved one if it will be the last moment and the last goodbye I HATE THE THOUGHT OF LOOSING THE PEOPLE CLOSE TO ME, LIVE EVERY DAY AS IF ITS YOUR LAST..THE WORLD IS A HORRIBLE PLACE AND GODS DAY TO JUDGE US AND CLEANSE THE WORLD OF SIN IS UPON US.......PLEASE PREPARE B4 ITS TO LATE4 HE WILL COME LIKE A THEIF IN THE NIGHT..RIP 2 sweet angels theay are in a better place ..atleast i sure hope so!
wrestlemania

Grundy, VA

#50 Mar 25, 2011
knsnb wrote:
the girl name was Brittney Scott that died on lover gap and Amy Adkins died on Short gap on monday night and Brittney Scott did work up at Skyes
Amy Adkins passed away on Lovers Gap, and Brittany Scott passed away in Dickenson County.
someone

United States

#52 Mar 26, 2011
Everyone knows there are more aunts and uncles but they were listed as "special" aunt and uncle. In other words they were closer than the others!! They have and are suffering enough without your inconsiderate ___ being on here creating drama! I would not throw stones in a glass house or better yet when you go pointing fingers there are three more pointing back at you.
Widows Mite

Richlands, VA

#53 Mar 26, 2011
Wasn't Amy about to get married? I know she had a boyfriend because I saw them and she introduced me to him . We talked for a little while and she said they were planning on getting married. I can't remember his name but he worked for a gas company and lived in a trailer at Little Prater. She was such a sweet girl and I consider it an honor to have known her
Yaa

Keen Mountain, VA

#54 Mar 26, 2011
She was single when she passed away. before that she was dating richard rife. sounds like you are thinking of a different person.
dont know

Grundy, VA

#55 Mar 28, 2011
i thought she was with luke harris and how is the man doing that was medflighted
friend

Keen Mountain, VA

#56 Mar 28, 2011
they had broke up...
nick

Grundy, VA

#59 Apr 10, 2011
sweet lord in heaven wrote:
I had just met Brittney a week and a half ago she was with Shag (kenny riley) and they was just engaged and thats somthing to say for shag because he sure never settled or even thought about setteling down with his other exs and he must have seen somthing very special in Brittney because they vell in love quiet fast. Maybe he had found his soulmate and now she's gone just as quick as she came into his life....they seemed so happy together, hugging and kissing and i know this has had to hurt him SOOOO bad ....and she had 3 babys that will not know their mom or get to make memories that some of us take for granted everyday. I pray dear lord jesus that you be beside both girls familys and friends! Help them through these dificult times, and wipe the tears from their eyes. Its very true that you never know when you see a loved one if it will be the last moment and the last goodbye I HATE THE THOUGHT OF LOOSING THE PEOPLE CLOSE TO ME, LIVE EVERY DAY AS IF ITS YOUR LAST..THE WORLD IS A HORRIBLE PLACE AND GODS DAY TO JUDGE US AND CLEANSE THE WORLD OF SIN IS UPON US.......PLEASE PREPARE B4 ITS TO LATE4 HE WILL COME LIKE A THEIF IN THE NIGHT..RIP 2 sweet angels theay are in a better place ..atleast i sure hope so!
brittney was not engaged to anyone and she had 2 boys, i was with her almost 3 years and we was broke up barely a month so she wasn't engaged. get your story straight before you say things
Belinda Crantz Grose

United States

#60 Apr 20, 2011
sweet lord in heaven wrote:
I had just met Brittney a week and a half ago she was with Shag (kenny riley) and they was just engaged and thats somthing to say for shag because he sure never settled or even thought about setteling down with his other exs and he must have seen somthing very special in Brittney because they vell in love quiet fast. Maybe he had found his soulmate and now she's gone just as quick as she came into his life....they seemed so happy together, hugging and kissing and i know this has had to hurt him SOOOO bad ....and she had 3 babys that will not know their mom or get to make memories that some of us take for granted everyday. I pray dear lord jesus that you be beside both girls familys and friends! Help them through these dificult times, and wipe the tears from their eyes. Its very true that you never know when you see a loved one if it will be the last moment and the last goodbye I HATE THE THOUGHT OF LOOSING THE PEOPLE CLOSE TO ME, LIVE EVERY DAY AS IF ITS YOUR LAST..THE WORLD IS A HORRIBLE PLACE AND GODS DAY TO JUDGE US AND CLEANSE THE WORLD OF SIN IS UPON US.......PLEASE PREPARE B4 ITS TO LATE4 HE WILL COME LIKE A THEIF IN THE NIGHT..RIP 2 sweet angels theay are in a better place ..atleast i sure hope so!
BRITTNEY GROSE SCOTT WAS MY DAUGHTER AND SHE WAS NOT ENGAGED TO SHAG AND SHE DID NOT HAVE 3 CHILDREN SO PLEZ GET UR STORY STRAIGHT BEFORE U START SAYIN SHIT!!!! WHY DONT U ASK SHAG THE TRUTH BOUT WHAT HAPPENED 2 MY DAUGHTER AND SEE HOW MANY STORIES HE WILL TELL U LIKE HE HAS TOLD ME!!
a friend

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#61 Apr 21, 2011
I knew of Brittney through mutual friends. She was a sweet girl. I know Shane from school and we were still friends after graduation. He had got out of a real bad relationship. He was really happy that he had met Brittney. I guess it was the happiest I had seen him in a long time. I think he was falling fast for her. I bet this has been hard for both families and very hard on Shane. He is a good guy and he wouldn't hurt a fly. Especially her, she seemed to brighten his day. I think who ever has been talking trash about Shane and Brittney on the Haysi forum should shut the hell up. They both were good people. And this was a terrible tragedy.
Belinda crafts grose

Millville, NJ

#62 Mar 9, 2015
someone wrote:
Everyone knows there are more aunts and uncles but they were listed as "special" aunt and uncle. In other words they were closer than the others!! They have and are suffering enough without your inconsiderate ___ being on here creating drama! I would not throw stones in a glass house or better yet when you go pointing fingers there are three more pointing back at you.
THIS IS BRITTNEY SCOTTS MOTHER AND I DONT KNOW WHY YOUR SAYING SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY DAUGHTER AND MY FAMILY BUT YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FREAKING FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU RUN YOUR MOUTH ANYMORE COUSE I WILL NOT LET ANYBODY RUN THEIR MOUTH ABOUT MY SON DAUGHTER OR GRANDSON SON!!!!!!!!!! A BUNCH OF INBREED HILLBILLYS RUNNING YOUR F#######KING MOUTH!!!!!!!!!! THATS REAL FREAKING FUNNY!!!!!! PILL POPPING DRUGGIES DOWN THERE!!!!!!!!! TRASH TRASH TRASH
lol

United States

#63 Mar 9, 2015
Belinda crafts grose wrote:
<quoted text>THIS IS BRITTNEY SCOTTS MOTHER AND I DONT KNOW WHY YOUR SAYING SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY DAUGHTER AND MY FAMILY BUT YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FREAKING FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU RUN YOUR MOUTH ANYMORE COUSE I WILL NOT LET ANYBODY RUN THEIR MOUTH ABOUT MY SON DAUGHTER OR GRANDSON SON!!!!!!!!!! A BUNCH OF INBREED HILLBILLYS RUNNING YOUR F#######KING MOUTH!!!!!!!!!! THATS REAL FREAKING FUNNY!!!!!! PILL POPPING DRUGGIES DOWN THERE!!!!!!!!! TRASH TRASH TRASH
You seem like a real sweet woman, Im sure people have nothing but wonderful things to say about you and your people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grundy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coleman Brothers Post 8 hr Anonymous 7
Is it legal to ride a Golf Cart in the town lim... 8 hr Dan 11
Buchanan County is dying Wed Consequences 11
Wat was going on today July 17 2015 across the ... (Jul '15) Jul 18 Great day 7
Autozone manager April smith Jul 18 Saywhaaa 1
Richard Wolford from Hurley Jul 17 pearlsandpintos 1
Sad When a Parent Chooses their boyfriend or gi... (Aug '11) Jul 17 Swan 114

Grundy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grundy Mortgages