Buchanan County School Board

Posted in the Grundy Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kandy Kane

Harrisonburg, VA

#1 Dec 21, 2012
Who is the rude person that answers the phone when you call.
Slanted

Dayton, VA

#2 Dec 21, 2012
It depends on what time od the day you call.
Kandy Kane

Harrisonburg, VA

#3 Dec 22, 2012
How may different ones do they have answering the phone? I thought you just needed one.
Citizen Cain

Port Republic, VA

#4 Dec 22, 2012
Kandy Kane wrote:
How may different ones do they have answering the phone? I thought you just needed one.
No, it depends on what time of day. During the three hour lunch break another person answers the phone.
Kandy Kane

Dayton, VA

#5 Dec 22, 2012
Must be nice to have a job like that. How do you apply?
Crazy

Dayton, VA

#6 Dec 22, 2012
Who is the boss at that place anyways?
who cares

Grundy, VA

#7 Dec 23, 2012
these school board members care less about the kids..its about revenge for most of em... its about getting rid of the ones they didnt like an getting those back in who they do like. regardless of how much money this person cost the county..
Citizen

Dayton, VA

#8 Dec 23, 2012
That is the truth. I hope different people get in next time that are for the real reason.
Information

Grundy, VA

#9 Dec 23, 2012
Citizen wrote:
That is the truth. I hope different people get in next time that are for the real reason.
Have you heard the latest the Board now has teachers and principals censoring what children can wear and christian shirts are off base. Check with Teachers and Principal at Council Elementary and see what they are doing now. Never thought we would see this in this county but it is here. A young k or 1st grader was sent to principals office for wearing and telling about his shirt, people of this county should demand an apology and that the Board make new rules.
curouis

Grundy, VA

#10 Dec 23, 2012
Information wrote:
<quoted text>

Have you heard the latest the Board now has teachers and principals censoring what children can wear and christian shirts are off base. Check with Teachers and Principal at Council Elementary and see what they are doing now. Never thought we would see this in this county but it is here. A young k or 1st grader was sent to principals office for wearing and telling about his shirt, people of this county should demand an apology and that the Board make new rules.
What did the shirt say?
Sad

Bedford, VA

#11 Dec 23, 2012
You take God out of the schools and you get what we had the other day 20 dead kids sorry but it's the truth
Information

Grundy, VA

#12 Dec 24, 2012
curouis wrote:
<quoted text>
What did the shirt say?
It was some kind of shirt about a youth club and the child was explaining what it meant about being saved so he can not ever wear shirt back to school again or he will be expelled. If it was my child I would have sent it back next day with it, it is not right why do we as christians have to put up with this in Buchanan County.
Nuts

North Tazewell, VA

#13 Dec 24, 2012
Information wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoever told you that is full of crap.
Citizen

Dayton, VA

#14 Dec 24, 2012
They need to get a dress code for some of the teachers. It's all about who you know not what you know.
WB Wildman

Harrisonburg, VA

#15 Dec 24, 2012
People, it's called seperation of church and state. The public school system is funded by the state, and is not protected for free speech. Do I agree with it? To an extent, yes. However, if they taught an Islamic or Jewish lesson I am sure there would be a huge stink made about those teachings in this area. Schools should go to standard uniforms, slacks and collared shirts for boys, and skirts and appropriate tops for girls. Then maybe people would grow up to learn how to present themselves in public.
slanted

Dayton, VA

#16 Dec 24, 2012
We wouldn't need a dress code if parents would look at their children before they leave home. Dressing properly for school should be taken care of at home by the parents or guardian.
Crazy

Dayton, VA

#17 Dec 24, 2012
Has any one heard how the new administrators doing in there new positons.
Information

Grundy, VA

#18 Dec 24, 2012
slanted wrote:
We wouldn't need a dress code if parents would look at their children before they leave home. Dressing properly for school should be taken care of at home by the parents or guardian.
Didnt know what that kid was wearing was considered teaching. WHY would a teacher in this area send a child to the principal. This is what is wrong today, If a christian mentions CHRIST they are censored quickly. What do we expect schools were based on christianity now you better not mention it.
how bout that

Grundy, VA

#19 Dec 24, 2012
WB Wildman wrote:
People, it's called seperation of church and state. The public school system is funded by the state, and is not protected for free speech. Do I agree with it? To an extent, yes. However, if they taught an Islamic or Jewish lesson I am sure there would be a huge stink made about those teachings in this area. Schools should go to standard uniforms, slacks and collared shirts for boys, and skirts and appropriate tops for girls. Then maybe people would grow up to learn how to present themselves in public.
It's called "FREEDOM", to wear what you want as long as it's not vulgar, to say what'
s on your mind, any more questions!
lol

Grundy, VA

#20 Dec 24, 2012
how bout that wrote:
<quoted text>It's called "FREEDOM", to wear what you want as long as it's not vulgar, to say what'
s on your mind, any more questions!
Have to agree with you, instead of sending children to the office and making such a non-needed big deal out of it, if it's not vulgar in societies standards, again within limits of free speech, then why not teach tolerance and freedom to express oneself, just saying...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grundy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Huddle house 24 min Handy 2
Hurley's Rebel Flag (Dec '09) 3 hr lol 68
Who is some of the best musicians from Buchanan... (Jul '09) 11 hr Wild- one way bac... 275
Poll Ever meet a Siltner worth peeing on if they wer... 19 hr Purple_Unicorns 10
cleve musick Thu lol54 2
Chucky Mullins Live (Aug '13) Thu Sure foot 11
Dr. Rasnake and Watkins Jul 29 Sad 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grundy Mortgages