Buch. Co. Sanitation Dept.

Posted in the Grundy Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Question

Grundy, VA

#1 Dec 29, 2012
Does anyone know if the trucks will be running tomorrow? They did not run last Monday due to Christmas Eve, so I am wondering if they will run tomorrow due to New Years Eve. I have 2 weeks of trash. Because of where I live, my pick up is every Monday. Almost all of their holidays are recognized on Mondays. I pay the same amount of fees through utility bills for garbage service as everyone else in the county. I think when they have any day off through the week for a holiday, that they should have to run more trucks the day after for those missed on the holiday. They can sure tell you that your not allowed to have excessive trash on your property, but sometimes they are the reason for it. What do you all think??
Terrible

Grundy, VA

#2 Dec 29, 2012
They took Mon, tues, and, wednesday off. My garbage is suppose to be picked up on Wednesday. they didn't run. they won't run this mon , Tues, and wed either if they celebrate New Years like they have Christmas. this is a bunch of shit. Mon and Wed is not a holliday.
someone

Grundy, VA

#3 Dec 29, 2012
They usually put their scheduled days off in the VA Mountaineer. I did not see anything in the last two weekly papers about them not running. I think as much as we pay, they should be required to pick up EVERYONE'S trash weekly....no exceptions, even if they have to pick up on different days. If not they should give the ones affected a cut in the fees added to our utility bills.
True

Grundy, VA

#4 Dec 29, 2012
They do nothing . scum bunch. the court house is even open half day on christmas Eve. Guarantee you the police will be checking the area for garbage to write their fines, after 3 weeks of no garbage pickup. I don't have anywhere to keep all this garbage to keep the dogs, cats, oppossums and other animals out of it. It is a mess.
Hexagon

Natural Bridge, VA

#5 Dec 29, 2012
County offices were closed last Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. They'll be closed again this coming Monday and Tuesday and all county employees were and will be off with full pay those days. Your tax dollars were well spent because this is the type of benefits necessary to attract and keep the superior and well qualified individuals who staff our county offices. If you want to retain these quality employees you're going to have to pay for these benefits. Your garbage is your problem so deal with it. No need to disturb the hard earned paid leave of our hard working county employees.
someone

Grundy, VA

#6 Dec 29, 2012
Hexagon wrote:
County offices were closed last Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. They'll be closed again this coming Monday and Tuesday and all county employees were and will be off with full pay those days. Your tax dollars were well spent because this is the type of benefits necessary to attract and keep the superior and well qualified individuals who staff our county offices. If you want to retain these quality employees you're going to have to pay for these benefits. Your garbage is your problem so deal with it. No need to disturb the hard earned paid leave of our hard working county employees.
Get a life.....or at least a new one. Your sarcastic BS is not amusing.
more eyesore

Grundy, VA

#7 Dec 29, 2012
just throw the garbage in the creek!
No Way

Grundy, VA

#8 Dec 29, 2012
I pay them muda fkers to pick this garbage up. wonder if the outstanding county employees will refund my garbage bill money for three weeks. Hell anybody can workk to pick the damn garbage up. They are far from well qualified superior employees. This is a bunch of bull shit.
get over it

Pikeville, KY

#9 Dec 29, 2012
I never get my trash picked up for Thanksgiving because they run on Friday at my house. The sanitation always takes off Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving. Go to the dumpsters, there are several in Hurley.
Go to Hel

Grundy, VA

#10 Dec 29, 2012
We are having to deal with three fkn straight weeks that these sorry parole work release gangsters won't be working. they are not doing us any damn favor by picking up the garbage.We pay their fkn asses. I am not going to pay their damn asses and then haul my own garbage to the dump. this is not going to be the end of this for the sanitation dept. Hope they buy the voice.
someone

Grundy, VA

#11 Dec 29, 2012
Go to Hel wrote:
We are having to deal with three fkn straight weeks that these sorry parole work release gangsters won't be working. they are not doing us any damn favor by picking up the garbage.We pay their fkn asses. I am not going to pay their damn asses and then haul my own garbage to the dump. this is not going to be the end of this for the sanitation dept. Hope they buy the voice.
Ummm.....We are not talking about the parolees picking up trash beside the road. We are talking about the Buchanan County Sanitation Department. These are salaried workers with paid holidays, that WE ALL pay through extra surcharges on our utility bills. Two totally different things here!
someone

Grundy, VA

#12 Dec 29, 2012
get over it wrote:
I never get my trash picked up for Thanksgiving because they run on Friday at my house. The sanitation always takes off Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving. Go to the dumpsters, there are several in Hurley.
That would be sort of handy if I lived close to the dumpsters and I had a pickup truck. But the point is....this is a county service paid for by all of us. I think this needs to be brought up to the Board of Supervisors!! I may just have to see what can be done. We all need to call our supervisors!!
excuse me

Red Jacket, WV

#13 Dec 29, 2012
they are doing their jobs, i have seen it blue ball cold out there, and they will still take your sh*t to the landfill.
watch who you call scum! tell me this, would you get up off your a$$ and do half the job they do?
never heard them complain yet.
why not pick on someone who COULD do a job, but just refuse to.
count the many many times the garbage truck has run and picked up your rank subjugation!
got a problem with that?
go talk to the workers personally!
i am sure their ideal job is not fondling your leftovers of any kind.
but they do their job, even if you have trouble with their days of work. put your big gal pantaloons on and stfu!!!!
Hexagon

Natural Bridge, VA

#14 Dec 29, 2012
someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a life.....or at least a new one. Your sarcastic BS is not amusing.
I'm laughing my ass off so my sarcastic BS is amusing. You must be one of those awe inspiring county sponges. I'm sorry, I meant county employees. After all you did characterize my original post as sarcasm so you must have recognized the element of truth it contained. The post was amusing but the waste and fraud in our county employment system is no joke, it's downright depressing.
Their Job

Grundy, VA

#15 Dec 29, 2012
That is their job. they chose to fill out an application to get the damn job to fondle my garbage if I pay them. I am doing my damn part why ain't they doing theirs? They are paid to pick this garbage up once a week,and take it to the land fill, not once a month like they have done this month. If they don't want to do it , quit taking my money and go get them a damn job that they don't have to do anything, like they are trying to do here.Stop the fkn complaining because you are picking up the garbage. They ask for the job didn't they . They seem to be a bunch of dumb asses too if this is the way they look at a job. They are not personally doing me an accomodation like you are talking like they are on here. Its their fkn job.
Santa

Grundy, VA

#16 Dec 30, 2012
I see the Christmas spirit is alive and well in Buch. Co.. Good thing the coal mines are close by so I don't have to haul the lumps very far next year...
You all do understand they wil still pickup all your garbage and haul it away from those 2 weeks..So nobody is getting ripped off here...Or maybe they should just make you keep it, and refund you for thse 2 weeks..
Grinch

Natural Bridge, VA

#17 Dec 30, 2012
Santa wrote:
I see the Christmas spirit is alive and well in Buch. Co.. Good thing the coal mines are close by so I don't have to haul the lumps very far next year...
You all do understand they wil still pickup all your garbage and haul it away from those 2 weeks..So nobody is getting ripped off here...Or maybe they should just make you keep it, and refund you for thse 2 weeks..
you do understand that the problem ain't that my garbage not picked up for two weeks but why. I bet ceo of national companys dont get as many paid days off. why am i have to swim in garbage so county can have five paid days for two holadays?
Rediculous

Grundy, VA

#18 Dec 30, 2012
It is not 2 week. This garbage will have been here for at least 21 days when we see the garbage truck again. Who is the stupid ass that decides to stop hauling garbage for 3 weeks at a time. I am going to demand my money back for these 3 weeks.
Rational Rebel

Candler, NC

#19 Dec 30, 2012
What did you do before the County offered door to door garbage collection services?

Were you one of those folks who went postal when the County proposed door to door garbage collection services for a minimal fee?

Do you get good service the rest of the year?
Larry P Johnson

Oakwood, VA

#20 Dec 30, 2012
Most of you complaining were NOT paying for garbage collection before it was made mandatory. Most of you complaining sit on your butt and collect a check every month, too sorry to work and the rest of you had several days off for Christmas so stop complaining. I lived in another county for a few years and our garbage bill was $9.00 a week! That is right!$36.00 a month! You complain about $7.00 a month, give me a break!
The Sanitation Dept. gets several days off that fall on Monday but elect to work then because they choose not to let your trash build up. Now you complain because they take off some days for Christmas. I bet if you had a job and did not get off Christmas you would crap yourself and we all know you will never crap yourself because you are too sorry to work!

Get a life and buy yourself a few more trash cans with your welfare check so you can store more trash and or take it too the transfer station!

I have the balls to put my real name on this post and live in Oakwood.....do you have the balls to sign your post and put up your location?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grundy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mountain magic witch craft shop 6 hr What WItchcraft I... 39
sheriff election 9 hr Cj willis 63
Foster vs. McClanahan For Sherriff of BC 9 hr Blake Johnson 22
grundy sucks (Aug '13) 23 hr False 16
Corrupt Jail : Southwest Va. Regional Jail in H... (Nov '09) Sat william bonney 139
ANDREW MARK LESTER (Andy Lester) Sat Jimbo 6
Pondering May 18 rebel outlaw 3

Grundy Jobs

Personal Finance

Grundy Mortgages