thinking

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2011

I noticed someone has cleaned up where Dr. Mac's house burned. Has someone bought it ?

Since: Jul 11

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

Yes, I wonder the same. I wonder if the property went to the family, to the bank, or back to Mountain Mission School. I am sure he got a good deal on the property when he decided to build a house so close to MMS where he had easy access to all the children that he molested there for the "free medical services" to MMS. I for one would like to know the history of that property. What a sickening turn of events surrounding MMS, Dr. McDonald and the legal and medical community in Grundy, VA that allowed him to practice as a pediatrician and molest children from the 1950s into the 1990s.
Idiot

Bulls Gap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

Unless you can name children, hearsay is unnecessary. I'm not saying he did it, but the man is dead. Have some respect. I for one may not agree with his lifestyle but ill always be indebted to him because a long time ago mybdad was on his deathbed and he stayed with my grandparents day and nite til he got well. Ultimately, he saved his life. So unless you can produce names the gossip is juvenile. We all have heard the rumors

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

Idiot wrote:
Unless you can name children, hearsay is unnecessary. I'm not saying he did it, but the man is dead. Have some respect. I for one may not agree with his lifestyle but ill always be indebted to him because a long time ago mybdad was on his deathbed and he stayed with my grandparents day and nite til he got well. Ultimately, he saved his life. So unless you can produce names the gossip is juvenile. We all have heard the rumors
I graduated in 1970 from MMS and I can name more that a half dozen boys from there that were molested by Dr. McDonald. In addition, eight former patients reported him to the Medical Board of VA. Five of the eight were from MMS. It is estimated by the experts in the field that only 10% of less of childhood sexual victims ever come forward. Do the math.

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Correction.

I graduated in 1970 from MMS and I can name more that a half dozen boys from there that were molested by Dr. McDonald. In addition, eight former patients reported him to the Medical Board of VA. Five of the eight were from MMS. It is estimated by the experts in the field that only 10% or less of childhood sexual victims ever come forward. Do the math.
so sad

Grundy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

gslowe wrote:
Correction.
I graduated in 1970 from MMS and I can name more that a half dozen boys from there that were molested by Dr. McDonald. In addition, eight former patients reported him to the Medical Board of VA. Five of the eight were from MMS. It is estimated by the experts in the field that only 10% or less of childhood sexual victims ever come forward. Do the math.
take it to court not here
pecker

Grundy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

i always heard he liked to look at peckers even if u went in for a cut on ur head he was a weirdo and im glad hes gone.
Country Girl

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

gslowe wrote:
Correction.
How about some initials. When did you go to MMS?
MMS history

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

My stepfather went to MMS in the 30's....The abuse of children started way before that. He told me accounts of being kicked down the stairs by the owner at the time and thrown in the river to teach kids to swim....also how they were never fed enough food to eat....that school has been a travesty of misjustice for a long time....why has it never been investigated by authorities????
Moms girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Y-U-C-K
banned

Grundy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

MMS history wrote:
My stepfather went to MMS in the 30's....The abuse of children started way before that. He told me accounts of being kicked down the stairs by the owner at the time and thrown in the river to teach kids to swim....also how they were never fed enough food to eat....that school has been a travesty of misjustice for a long time....why has it never been investigated by authorities????
Because they went so far to have policy enacted to keep the welfare off that hill. That tells me that they have a lot to hide!!!

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

so sad wrote:
<quoted text>
take it to court not here
And just who are you to tell me what to do?
Shannon Mullins

Winnsboro, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

I graduated in 2003 from Mountain Mission School. I cannot account for what happened in the 30s, but I can say food, jobs etc...were scarce. My entire family attended MMS. My grandmother, father and brothers, and never once have they attested to these allegations. I mean no disrespect, but whoever you get your information from was either misinformed or lyin. My grandmother was there in the 30s and 40s, along with her brother. We all know first hand about MMS and I am a proud supporter. The school provides and excellent education, good Christian upbringing, and everyone is def WELL fed.

I've heard the rumors on Dr. McDonald, as have many others. God is his judge-if its true, the Lord will handle it, if not, my suggestion would be to let it go.
Burn Baby Burn

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

I'm sure he burnt twice. The last I went to him was when I was 8 years old with a broken toe. He had my pants and underwear down before even looking at my toe. He would comment on how I was a growing boy as he played with my genitals. Surely people drove by and saw his special pool parties that were attended by his patients that were in the old Grundy Hospital. As I grew up, someone always stayed overnight if I was in the hospital to be sure I didn't get enticed to go to a pizza / pool party in the wee hours of the morning and have to be carried back in to the hospital.

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

Judged:

Burn Baby Burn wrote:
I'm sure he burnt twice. The last I went to him was when I was 8 years old with a broken toe. He had my pants and underwear down before even looking at my toe. He would comment on how I was a growing boy as he played with my genitals. Surely people drove by and saw his special pool parties that were attended by his patients that were in the old Grundy Hospital. As I grew up, someone always stayed overnight if I was in the hospital to be sure I didn't get enticed to go to a pizza / pool party in the wee hours of the morning and have to be carried back in to the hospital.
I know exactly what you mean in regards to playing with you and talking about how you were growing. He was fascinated with watching young boys grow into puberty. What a sick SOB he was and I hope he is still burning!!!
111hmbw

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2011

Judged:

wow if thats true that really suxks. But everyone let it go and move on. This world is full of disgusting people. Let God do his job and let him be the judge.
Dont believe it

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2011

Judged:

I went to Dr. Mcdonald for many years when I was a kid,never did anything to me.was always very nice.Just don't believe all this crap.
Jessica

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

Judged:

He saved my life and I respect the man alot
Anonymous

Wytheville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

Judged:

Someone needs to contact Mulligan College. Marvin Swiney is on the Advisory Board to the College President. Maybe they need to be made aware of this board.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Since: Jun 11

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

Judged:

gslowe wrote:
Correction.
DO you know me.If you do...then we know all too well about MacDonald and MMS and lets not forget Boy Scout Leader.
I was in MMS in the mid 60's and later half of 60's.
I hope to live long enough to finish what I have started and can't disclose here.Be assured some facts will come to light about MMS.
I am not againist MMS...just sick of people upholding a place abuses happened.The first thing people do on here...is attack the accuser.
I am looking for people to collaborate the things that happened at MMS and not afraid to talk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Grundy Forum right now

Search the Grundy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest Waste Award 18 min What is your problem 47
whose running for sheriff 1 hr Happy Holler 20
Anyone know Anthony "Jake" Stiltner? 1 hr wondering 1
where can i find a hot singel girl (Oct '10) 3 hr sex 21
sex parter (Jun '12) 3 hr sex 8
Jaclyn Kersy (in former Drug round-up) back in ... 4 hr Good Samaritan 9
Josh Addair Engaged 4 hr Proof 26
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Buchanan County was issued at July 26 at 2:02PM EDT