Posted in the Grundy Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Rosa L Thomas

Nicholasville, KY

#1 Nov 22, 2009
My Name is Rosa L. Thomas

I am speaking out about alleged abuse at Regional Jails, more so the Southwest Va. Regional Jail Haysi facility. I am not speaking out for my son, but for every mothers son or daughter that is and/or has suffered at the hands of the very same people. People that took an oath to serve and protect them.

People in positions of authority should be held to a higher standard than the regular, Joe Blow on the street. They are paid by our tax dollars to protect us. Not to torment and abuse us.

Just because a person is accused of a crime. It doesn't give anyone the right to serve as Judge and Jury, or Executioner of that person. That is why we have a justice system.

It is against the law to abuse animals, to deprive them of food and water. Dont you think inmates deserve better treatment, or at least as good as animals are guaranteed?

I beg inmates that are now or have been in the past abused by ANYONE in the law enforcement position, PLEASE come forward. Dont keep their dirty little secrets or their lies and threats. The longer you keep silent the longer you protect your tormentors. The more chance you give them to abuse other people,

It is a proven fact, people that commit these kinds of crimes escalate with each one. Becoming more and more agressive, more violent and more bold. They will not STOP! Someone has to stop them, they have professional jobs and are paid by the county and state to protect and serve, not to be judge and jury. And abuse and torment anyone for any reason.They should remain professional at all times.

You expect this kind of conduct of this sort from inmates sometimes, but this is a shame when the abuse comes from someone in uniform wearing a badge and packing a gun. This is should not be an option for them at anytime under any circumstance. People in positions of authority should always be professional. If they have personal issues with the accused they should let someone else handle the matter. I believe it is EVIL to restrain someone and then torture them.

Rosa Thomas
P.O. Box 13 Wolford Va. 24658
oh my

Nicholasville, KY

#2 Nov 22, 2009
I'm sure your gonna get a lot of sympathy...not!
Wow

United States

#3 Nov 22, 2009
Very well written. While I, myself have never been incacerated I have a very close family member who has been and the storys that she has told is horrific. The things that the guards said to her and made her do just to have a mat to lay on, or make a phone call.
I wish you well in you quest to have something done about these people who for some reason think they are above the law.
I pray that your son/daughter gets out and lives a safe healthy life.
Formercorrection sofficer

Conyers, GA

#4 Nov 22, 2009
These officers at prisons get spit on by inmates, pissed on by inmates, and have fecies thrown at them by inmates. So if the inmates act in such a manner of course they are gonna restrain them and do whatever it takes to get them to cooperate. I.E restrain them and if they don't cooperate then you hit them with the pepper spray, if they still don't cooperate then you hit them with the stun gun. All inmates scream that being hit with the pepper spray and the stun gun is torture. However this is a means to get them to cooperate with the rules of the prison. Alot of inmates have problems following rules and thats why they are there in the first place. Although you say this alleged abuse is taking place you give no details about it. If you have a problem with it go to the investigator or have your son or whoever you are speaking for and file a complaint. As for the officers having a personal grudge against one inmate. This is possible if the inmate keeps acting up and causing the inmates problems then of course the officers are gonna look down at that prisioner.
P.S Just so you know the officers goal is to keep them confined in the system and the jail or prison.
Their goal is not to protect every single inmate at all times because that is impossible. The only to protect a inmate is to put him in solitary confinement. Then the inmates complain and file complaints for being in solitary.
Sorry no sympathy from me either.
Its a G

Nicholasville, KY

#5 Nov 22, 2009
if you want more info then please read the other corrupt jail post. Thanks
Its a G

Nicholasville, KY

#6 Nov 22, 2009
Heres the other post I mentioned:
Frank C Thomas Veritas
This is a letter received from an inmate in Haysi Regional Jail.
I'm writing this in regards to my treatment while being incarcerated since August 2009. I have been housed at all three regional jails for this area. My personal experience in Duffield and Abingdon Va. regional jails were as good as can be expected. The housing in good and the staff of both facilities are extremely professional and fair to all inmates.
The Haysi facility is the complete opposite. I was NOT treated like an inmate. I was treated like a P.O.W. You could not imagine a worse place to be. My experience there involved physical and mental abuse, as well as sexual assault. I stayed in a constant state of fear. The Captain AND the Major both had a conflict with me, this being to years prior when the Major made "sexual advances" towards me, and I refused them.
When I first arrived at the Haysi facility, I was placed in a cell, shackled and hands-cuffed and chained to my waist. Then chained to a metal ring that was embedded into the concrete. All of this while I was stripped nude. It was very cold ad I could not stop shaking. I remained this way for 2 days.
I was then placed into "isolation". While there, the officers would throw my meal trays through the the door to me and sometimes they'd just throw them at me. Later, I finally managed to get some paper and envelopes. I wrote 4 letters and placed them in the door for the guard to pick-up. When he came to get them, he pulled them out, ripped them up, and kept walking.
I learned real quick NOT to go into the shower. When I did, they would keep me shackled and cuffed really tight. After they put me back into they cell, they would leave me shackled and cuffed until the next shift came on.
As for the sexual abuse
it only occurred one time. This happened after a court appearence. They housed me in the "Old" jail where there are NO cameras, NO inmates, and NO witnesses. It was so DEGRADING, what was done to me that day. I am too ashamed to sat what the Captain did to me that day. He used the "pretense" of searching me while I was still in restraints. He then got behind me. Suddenly, I was being choked and forced toward a bunk. I felt myself coming in and out of conciousness. I will leave out the other details for now...When I came back to myself, my pants were twisted and lopsided. I could tell what happened, and I have, but no one will listen.
I have confronted the Captain about it recently and I suspect I am not the only victim. By going public, I hope to give other victims the courage they need to come forward and face their "tormentors". If not, I pray the Lord gives them the peace to live with it.
For the individuals who think I might be seeking a "time cut" or "sentence reduction", I promise you that is NOT the case. I solemnly vow to refuse any such offer. My goal is to gain fair and just treatment for all inmates. I pray that those who have robbed me of my dignity and "stole" my will to live will be punished. For those of you who may have "personal conflict" with me, think about the girl that came out with obvious marks and a broken arm. She claimed attempted rape. The officers said that she had done it to herself. There are many more, but I will not call them by name. This is NOT just about me. Think about you, or a loved one being placed in their custody; Would you be safe?
Abused Inmate,
Frank Thomas
sorry

Nicholasville, KY

#7 Nov 22, 2009
I am sorry for you and the other families in this situation. Do you really think any one is going to speak up? Think about it. What would happen? Do you watch the news and read the newspapers?
SPARED THE ROD

Honaker, VA

#8 Nov 23, 2009
Rosa L Thomas wrote:
My Name is Rosa L. Thomas
I am speaking out about alleged abuse at Regional Jails, more so the Southwest Va. Regional Jail Haysi facility. I am not speaking out for my son, but for every mothers son or daughter that is and/or has suffered at the hands of the very same people. People that took an oath to serve and protect them.
People in positions of authority should be held to a higher standard than the regular, Joe Blow on the street. They are paid by our tax dollars to protect us. Not to torment and abuse us.
Just because a person is accused of a crime. It doesn't give anyone the right to serve as Judge and Jury, or Executioner of that person. That is why we have a justice system.
It is against the law to abuse animals, to deprive them of food and water. Dont you think inmates deserve better treatment, or at least as good as animals are guaranteed?
I beg inmates that are now or have been in the past abused by ANYONE in the law enforcement position, PLEASE come forward. Dont keep their dirty little secrets or their lies and threats. The longer you keep silent the longer you protect your tormentors. The more chance you give them to abuse other people,
It is a proven fact, people that commit these kinds of crimes escalate with each one. Becoming more and more agressive, more violent and more bold. They will not STOP! Someone has to stop them, they have professional jobs and are paid by the county and state to protect and serve, not to be judge and jury. And abuse and torment anyone for any reason.They should remain professional at all times.
You expect this kind of conduct of this sort from inmates sometimes, but this is a shame when the abuse comes from someone in uniform wearing a badge and packing a gun. This is should not be an option for them at anytime under any circumstance. People in positions of authority should always be professional. If they have personal issues with the accused they should let someone else handle the matter. I believe it is EVIL to restrain someone and then torture them.
Rosa Thomas
P.O. Box 13 Wolford Va. 24658
Ms. Thomas:
Perhaps if you had spent more time punishing your son instead of taking up for him, three people would still be alive today and your son would not have to endure such agony. I have NO sympathy for INMATES. Rarely is someone falsely accused. If they had behaved, they wouldn't be there. Maybe they'll think twice before committing another crime.
SPARED THE ROD

Honaker, VA

#9 Nov 23, 2009
Wow wrote:
Very well written. While I, myself have never been incacerated I have a very close family member who has been and the storys that she has told is horrific. The things that the guards said to her and made her do just to have a mat to lay on, or make a phone call.
I wish you well in you quest to have something done about these people who for some reason think they are above the law.
I pray that your son/daughter gets out and lives a safe healthy life.
You hope her son gets out and lives a safe, healthy life?????????? He KILLED THREE people!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure he's a pleasure to be around!!!!!!
SPARED THE ROD

Honaker, VA

#10 Nov 23, 2009
Its a G wrote:
Frank C Thomas Veritas
I'm writing this in regards to my treatment while being incarcerated since August 2009. I have been housed at all three regional jails for this area. My personal experience in Duffield and Abingdon Va. regional jails were as good as can be expected. The housing in good and the staff of both facilities are extremely professional and fair to all inmates.
The Haysi facility is the complete opposite. I was NOT treated like an inmate. I was treated like a P.O.W. You could not imagine a worse place to be. My experience there involved physical and mental abuse, as well as sexual assault. I stayed in a constant state of fear. The Captain AND the Major both had a conflict with me, this being to years prior when the Major made "sexual advances" towards me, and I refused them.
When I first arrived at the Haysi facility, I was placed in a cell, shackled and hands-cuffed and chained to my waist. Then chained to a metal ring that was embedded into the concrete. All of this while I was stripped nude. It was very cold ad I could not stop shaking. I remained this way for 2 days.
I was then placed into "isolation". While there, the officers would throw my meal trays through the the door to me and sometimes they'd just throw them at me. Later, I finally managed to get some paper and envelopes. I wrote 4 letters and placed them in the door for the guard to pick-up. When he came to get them, he pulled them out, ripped them up, and kept walking.
I learned real quick NOT to go into the shower. When I did, they would keep me shackled and cuffed really tight. After they put me back into they cell, they would leave me shackled and cuffed until the next shift came on.
As for the sexual abuse
it only occurred one time. This happened after a court appearence. They housed me in the "Old" jail where there are NO cameras, NO inmates, and NO witnesses. It was so DEGRADING, what was done to me that day. I am too ashamed to sat what the Captain did to me that day. He used the "pretense" of searching me while I was still in restraints. He then got behind me. Suddenly, I was being choked and forced toward a bunk. I felt myself coming in and out of conciousness. I will leave out the other details for now...When I came back to myself, my pants were twisted and lopsided. I could tell what happened, and I have, but no one will listen.
I have confronted the Captain about it recently and I suspect I am not the only victim. By going public, I hope to give other victims the courage they need to come forward and face their "tormentors". If not, I pray the Lord gives them the peace to live with it.
For the individuals who think I might be seeking a "time cut" or "sentence reduction", I promise you that is NOT the case. I solemnly vow to refuse any such offer. My goal is to gain fair and just treatment for all inmates. I pray that those who have robbed me of my dignity and "stole" my will to live will be punished. For those of you who may have "personal conflict" with me, think about the girl that came out with obvious marks and a broken arm. She claimed attempted rape. The officers said that she had done it to herself. There are many more, but I will not call them by name. This is NOT just about me. Think about you, or a loved one being placed in their custody; Would you be safe?
Abused Inmate,
Frank Thomas
AWWW,poor thing! The thing I hate the most about this is I didn't get to watch it all happen!!
Its a G

Nicholasville, KY

#11 Nov 23, 2009
SPARED THE ROD wrote:
<quoted text>
You hope her son gets out and lives a safe, healthy life?????????? He KILLED THREE people!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure he's a pleasure to be around!!!!!!
Do you even know this man? Have you ever spoken with him at all? I'd love to know who made you the Supreme Judge of all beings. Hes a good man he truly is.
Its a G

Nicholasville, KY

#12 Nov 23, 2009
SPARED THE ROD wrote:
<quoted text>
AWWW,poor thing! The thing I hate the most about this is I didn't get to watch it all happen!!
That is a horrible way to act. Perhaps you should take a look at your own upbringing, instead of criticizing that of the people around you.
Get a Heart

Herndon, VA

#13 Nov 23, 2009
oh my wrote:
I'm sure your gonna get a lot of sympathy...not!
Do you have a mother? Obviously not or you would have never replied to this woman in such a manner. You are cold hearted and cruel. She hasn't done anything to anyone, of course she worries about her son, reguardless of what he's accused of doing, thats what mothers do. You have no right to get on here and say mean things like this to her.
Get a Heart

Herndon, VA

#14 Nov 23, 2009
SPARED THE ROD wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sick!
hhs

Nicholasville, KY

#15 Nov 23, 2009
Get a Heart wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sick!
He's not sick he's just being realistic...He deserves every butt thumping he gets..
nc outlaw

United States

#16 Nov 23, 2009
hhs wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not sick he's just being realistic...He deserves every butt thumping he gets..
I bet you will go out and do something to go to jail so you can get raped.What about the women that died in jail or the women who got out and had a broke arm.Hey did you know if you go to jail in grundy you will not get a bond.Nobody should be raped!!!Grundy is the dirtess place i know.
sorry

Nicholasville, KY

#17 Nov 23, 2009
When I read these posts I feel sorry for all the cruel people in the world. Three people shouldn't have died but does that make it ok for another human being to be miss treated. Guilty or not there is a right way to handle the situation. What happen to innocent until proven quilty. I don't know Thomas but it is sad if the rape is true. The people who were involved in 911 are getting a trial. What is happening to our country and even more disturbing our home town. I am sadden for all parties involved in this case.
disappointed

Nicholasville, KY

#18 Nov 23, 2009
Innocent people get imprisoned all the time. Don't you have a tv. Watch the news. How many immates have been released in the last year because of dna testing. Yes innocent people go to jail. I am not saying frank is innocent or quilty but some people don't have a clue about the real world. Wake up.
Wow

Atlanta, GA

#19 Nov 23, 2009
I am really sorry for the Mother of the man in jail, but I wasnt aware that he was the one who killed those 3 people.
BUT, two wrongs dont make a right...he should be punished for sure, but let the judge and jury decide what and how he is to be punished.
MRS. Thomas, again I am sorry because you too lost someone on that tragic day. Be blessed that at least you can still see, speak, and touch him...the other families involved arent so lucky.
gracie

Nicholasville, KY

#20 Nov 24, 2009
Its a G wrote:
Frank C Thomas Veritas
As for the sexual abuse
Abused Inmate,
Frank Thomas
ok sweetie, now why dontcha write a detailed report of what got ur sorry ass in that jail!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grundy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
buchanan co trading post.... (May '12) 54 min Kelly George 8
tony stiltner (Nov '13) 2 hr Stelmonster 3
Does anybody know Dennis Lockhart? (Apr '11) 17 hr jean 3
Mary Repult Stacy: Embezzlement - Mt. Mission S... 19 hr ZERO 4
Jesicca Shrader 20 hr Give up the jailb... 1
anyone know margo scarberry? 21 hr look 4
Jonathan & Tonya Boyd Tue Friend who cares 18
Grundy Dating
Find my Match

Grundy People Search