First Prev
of 4
Next Last
red

Rowe, VA

#1 Jan 5, 2010
i can't belive how dirty some people can be in times like we have had we went to thier place of bussines to buy coleman fuel the sorry people charge $100. for 4 gallon and the desert storm vet that got it was already broke trying to keep his family warm . i pray i can get this reported soon so other people want have to be put thur this again the better bussines . is not happy with people doing thing like that
someone

Nicholasville, KY

#2 Jan 5, 2010
As former customers of Fletcher Hardware it comes no suprise to me that the money hungry rich people that they are any time there is a crisis they bring high price items out of the corner and with no morals simply double there already high prices. Did anyone every see on the business thaey they thank all the workers for restoring the power and water and t.v. guess not they were to busy counting there money that they had riped the people off with.
X customer

Nicholasville, KY

#3 Jan 5, 2010
Dear Readers Fletchers Hardware had only 5 small kerosene heaters that they gravely over priced at $159.00 just because of the emergency situation something they could not sell at any other time as they dusted the dirt from these items and smiled knowing the people in need would be there a big sale item that they over priced and they wonder why they dont have regular customers.....
friend of marks

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Jan 5, 2010
I have stood around the store and watched the greed of my old friend who has always took great pride in a flood of a snow storm over the years we all have seen them take advantage of people in tragic times some friend I am for knowing this guess I want hang around and drink anymore...
Friend of the Fletchers

United States

#5 Jan 5, 2010
First of all I would love to set the record straight. I purchased Coleman Fuel at Fletchers and it was only $10.99 a gallon. I stopped in several days later and it was still the same price. I could have driven to Kmart and bought it for $10.59 but would have spent more than that in gas. I also could have driven to Abingdon to purchase it, but they were charging $14.95 per gallon. As far as keeping kerosene heaters, I wish I would have been one of the first ones there to purchase one so I would have had to go to Lowes and pay $299.00 after waiting in line and being threatened for my life!
Their prices haven't changed in the past few years.(Thank God!) If you were a hunter and shopped there you would know too!
The Fletcher's are VERY good people and I am glad they are on my side!
same

Nicholasville, KY

#6 Jan 5, 2010
They did the same thing in the 1977 flood. I have not been in that store since. No they are not good people they are money hungry.
respectful friends

United States

#7 Jan 5, 2010
I had looked everywhere for fuel and propane and Fletcher's Hardware was the only place that I could find it in Grundy. I know that Magic Mart had it but they didn't keep it for long. And as far as i know, never did get another shipment of it in. I think that the people that bought fuel and propane should be thankful that the Fletchers was one of the last to have it. More people should just be happy that they had something to keep them and their families warm. THANK YOU FLETCHER'S HARDWARE!
lol

United States

#8 Jan 5, 2010
same wrote:
They did the same thing in the 1977 flood. I have not been in that store since. No they are not good people they are money hungry.
the fletchers are very nice people
Friend of the Fletchers

United States

#9 Jan 5, 2010
same wrote:
You are exactly right! They did do the same thing in 1977. Absolutely nothing wrong. I have lived here all my life and know the Fletchers well. The prices were never changed then either. As a matter of fact, my parents were on a fixed income and couldn't afford to by the heater or fuel during that terrible flood and Mr Fletcher told my father to take anything in the store that he wanted and pay him whenever he was able and not to worry just take care of his children. My father was always greatful to Mr. Fletcher, and so am I. Thank you Fletchers!
Friend Of Bubba

Bristol, VA

#10 Jan 5, 2010
Friend of the Fletchers wrote:
First of all I would love to set the record straight. I purchased Coleman Fuel at Fletchers and it was only $10.99 a gallon. I stopped in several days later and it was still the same price. I could have driven to Kmart and bought it for $10.59 but would have spent more than that in gas. I also could have driven to Abingdon to purchase it, but they were charging $14.95 per gallon. As far as keeping kerosene heaters, I wish I would have been one of the first ones there to purchase one so I would have had to go to Lowes and pay $299.00 after waiting in line and being threatened for my life!
Their prices haven't changed in the past few years.(Thank God!) If you were a hunter and shopped there you would know too!
The Fletcher's are VERY good people and I am glad they are on my side!
Who are you, Atilla the Hun? Because if they're on your side you must take great pleasure in pillaging and plundering the weak and defenseless. Maybe Genghis Khan? A Visigoth?
Friend Of Bubba

Bristol, VA

#11 Jan 5, 2010
respectful friends wrote:
I had looked everywhere for fuel and propane and Fletcher's Hardware was the only place that I could find it in Grundy. I know that Magic Mart had it but they didn't keep it for long. And as far as i know, never did get another shipment of it in. I think that the people that bought fuel and propane should be thankful that the Fletchers was one of the last to have it. More people should just be happy that they had something to keep them and their families warm. THANK YOU FLETCHER'S HARDWARE!
Yeah, they had plenty because most people couln't afford to buy it no matte how desperate they were!
Friend of the Fletchers

United States

#12 Jan 5, 2010
Friend Of Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they had plenty because most people couln't afford to buy it no matte how desperate they were!
No Mr Friend of Bubba, not Atilla the Hun, just a christian person who knows a good christian family. Not judgemental or name throwers....hum..........
red

Grundy, VA

#13 Jan 5, 2010
you people think what you want. that thay are good people .i have the ticket to prove what i was charged for the fuel.if you think thay are good you have to be blind. or what ever.
Friend of the Fletchers

United States

#14 Jan 5, 2010
red wrote:
you people think what you want. that thay are good people .i have the ticket to prove what i was charged for the fuel.if you think thay are good you have to be blind. or what ever.
Sorry my friend, I'm really having a hard time with that line.
Margaret

Atlanta, GA

#15 Jan 5, 2010
red wrote:
i can't belive how dirty some people can be in times like we have had we went to thier place of bussines to buy coleman fuel the sorry people charge $100. for 4 gallon and the desert storm vet that got it was already broke trying to keep his family warm . i pray i can get this reported soon so other people want have to be put thur this again the better bussines . is not happy with people doing thing like that
I just hate it that one of our veteran's was treated that way. If I had the opportunity, and the business, and was in a situation like that, I'd have given it to him for free. That's just shameful!
Friend of the Fletchers

United States

#16 Jan 5, 2010
Margaret wrote:
<quoted text>
I just hate it that one of our veteran's was treated that way. If I had the opportunity, and the business, and was in a situation like that, I'd have given it to him for free. That's just shameful!
I don't think that really happened FYI. So no need to worry.
red

Grundy, VA

#17 Jan 5, 2010
if i printed the ticket in the voice or the other papers would you belive it.
Friend of the Fletchers

United States

#18 Jan 5, 2010
Ya know, I view a lot of subjects on topix and most of the remarks that are made are out of jealously or envy to those who are in the public eye. They are usually made by those who don't have anything better to do or do not have a job at this time and are bored. I think Jesus said it best when He said, Those without sin cast the first stone." Guess that would eliminate about 100% of us. I could be a little jealous myself but I would NOT trade places with the Fletchers for all the tea in China because I know how hard they work...6 and 7 days a week. Not for me, thank you very much!!! When you work for the public, I guess that's what you have to deal with. And then end up on some site where people have freedom of speech and can stir up whatever they choose, true or false. Choose a side.....sad huh? I am content with my simple little life. Thank God I'm not in their shoes! God bless you all!
Friend of the Fletchers

United States

#19 Jan 5, 2010
red wrote:
if i printed the ticket in the voice or the other papers would you belive it.
my goodness, this sounds like a threat. hmmm
Friend of the Fletchers

United States

#20 Jan 5, 2010
Ya know, better yet, if the Fletchers charged $25.00 a gallon for Coleman fuel, like you say they did, heck yes I would post that receipt in the voice, enquirer, and any other publication around. If that is true, I'm on your side. I'll be looking for that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grundy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you support Obama's plan to outlaw prayer in... 9 min Another Outrage 0
need teeth pulled 29 min Buchanan Help 2
Grundy Football Program 51 min Old Miner 24
shellmart/ExxonMobil vansant 9 hr funny 8
Brandy Shortridge 16 hr Friend 3
Is looney's creek a good community? (Feb '11) 17 hr Charm 34
Candie Shortridge 18 hr Karen 5
Grundy Dating
Find my Match

Grundy Jobs