fuel assistance
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
janet

Red Jacket, WV

#1 Dec 21, 2011
does anyone know when we will get our fuel assistance checks i need my coal before it gets colder out.
Pepper

Natural Bridge, VA

#2 Dec 21, 2011
It's supposed to be by the end of the week or at least that's what I was told. You should ask your case worker!:)
hurleygirl

United States

#3 Dec 22, 2011
well i was told that is was gonna be the end of the month or beginning of the first of the year. so i do know its agravating really that we dontknow for sure. hope u get your check soon.
salt

Oakwood, VA

#4 Dec 22, 2011
how bout gettin a job ????? wow huh? didnt think of that did ya!
Notice

Natural Bridge, VA

#5 Dec 22, 2011
salt wrote:
how bout gettin a job ????? wow huh? didnt think of that did ya!
Maybe you should stop being so judgmental. Lot's of hard working people are finding it hard to make ends meet. If they need assistance paying their electric bills, buying coal or wood or any type of oil to heat their homes I am glad there is a program available for them. Not everyone is "too lazy" to work. You never know what the circumstances are surrounding anyones situation. You also never know when you may be on the other side and have to ask for help. Bad things happen to good people all the time. I wouldn't be so quick to judge because you never know when the shoe will be on the other foot. I hope all of you awaiting your fuel assistance get it quickly before it gets any colder. I hate the thought of anyone having to be cold especially families with children, sick or disabled people also. God Bless!
durrrrr

Santa Barbara, CA

#6 Dec 22, 2011
checks will be in the mail after new years from past experiance
misti

United States

#7 Dec 23, 2011
Did anyone get their check today for fuel assistance?
lol

Grundy, VA

#8 Dec 23, 2011
does anyone know how much fuel assist. will be allowed to help out, and what if a person couldn't pay Decembers' electric bill also?
Job

Natural Bridge, VA

#9 Dec 23, 2011
lol wrote:
does anyone know how much fuel assist. will be allowed to help out, and what if a person couldn't pay Decembers' electric bill also?
From what I gather the checks were issues then more funding became available so they had to stop all of them and reissue new ones. I'd assume you'll get it by New Years. If you have already missed paying your electric bill you can call the electric company and explain your situation to them. Tell them that you qualified for heating assistance and you're just waiting on them to pay it. If they pay your electric bill you don't get a check in the mail it's a credit on your bill. Hope this helps.
misti

United States

#10 Dec 23, 2011
I get a check to buy gas with. does anyone know when they are gonna be mailed out?
lol

Grundy, VA

#11 Dec 23, 2011
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I gather the checks were issues then more funding became available so they had to stop all of them and reissue new ones. I'd assume you'll get it by New Years. If you have already missed paying your electric bill you can call the electric company and explain your situation to them. Tell them that you qualified for heating assistance and you're just waiting on them to pay it. If they pay your electric bill you don't get a check in the mail it's a credit on your bill. Hope this helps.
Thanks, if that is the case I might can breath a little better Christmas. Merry Christmas to you1
ideal

Santa Barbara, CA

#12 Dec 23, 2011
the fund will be sent to the gas company
misti

United States

#13 Dec 23, 2011
thanks. what about my neice she always gets a check sent to her to buy kerosene,when do you think she will get it in the mail?
asking

United States

#14 Dec 27, 2011
Has anyone got their check yet?
misti

United States

#15 Dec 27, 2011
i dont think the mail ran yesterday.
Sandy

United States

#16 Dec 27, 2011
i heard that u should get them by the 1st of Jan.
knowing

Grundy, VA

#17 Dec 27, 2011
well i talked to my worker today and she told me that the letters was being sent this week and the checks will be next week.. so i hope this helps a lil bit
misti

United States

#18 Dec 28, 2011
Does anyone know when the checks for kerosene for be mailed out? i can't get a hold of my case worker to find anything out. i hope they mailed them out this week.i'm sure i'm not the only one waiting on it. hope its soon,really need heat.
misti

United States

#19 Dec 29, 2011
does anyone know if the checks came today? i havent checked the mailed yet.
hard workin american

Grundy, VA

#20 Dec 29, 2011
GET A JOB AND PAY FOR YOUR OWN ELECTRIC BILL AND IF YOU CANT AFFORD IT WITH ONE JOB THEN GET TWO. IM TIRED OF PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTY THINKING MY TAX DOLLARS SHOULD PAY NOT ONLY FOR THEIR FOOD AND HOUSING BUT THEIR ELECTRIC BILL TO.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grundy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buchanan County's elk population destroyed by p... 50 min ND Know 7
Bully For The Bully 2 hr pinkie 4
Lorelene "Lora" Ramey 13 hr Co-worker 12
Denise pack 14 hr pleasure seeker 9
Here We Go Again 15 hr Tweet 22
vansant shell mart (Nov '13) Sun Carey 7
Men who live a lie Sun Paul 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grundy Mortgages