massive layoffs buc one

Posted in the Grundy Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
union busters

Grundy, VA

#1 Apr 10, 2012
get ready for massive layoffs at buc one...
Sherman klump

Grundy, VA

#2 Apr 10, 2012
union busters wrote:
Well now are you so sure about this? Did the offices in Pittsburg call you directly or did J. Brett Harvy tell you this while you guys was playing golf this weekend?
Open Eyes

Port Republic, VA

#3 Apr 10, 2012
A stockpile to the moon and no customers to sell it to is a pretty good indicator of a looming cutback.
Sherman klump

United States

#4 Apr 10, 2012
Open Eyes wrote:
A stockpile to the moon and no customers to sell it to is a pretty good indicator of a looming cutback.
They already cut out overtime no more than 8 hours per shift. What do you call that
blue eyes

Grundy, VA

#5 Apr 10, 2012
Yeah they layed about 200 of us off this morning
i dont know what we will do i cant make it like
this
sorry bout it

Grundy, VA

#6 Apr 10, 2012
That's 200 men who are totally lost and probably unable to provide for their families now. If all of those people had a wife and just one child at home, that's 600 affected by the layoff.

All of you who still have jobs should learn from this and prepare yourselves for the same fate to occur to you one day. I don't wish anyone loses their jobs, but in an industry famous for it's ups and downs, you need to PREPARE yourselves and families the best you can, instead of running out and getting yourselves into more and more debt. You'll find yourself with nothing quick.
Somebody Loves You

Richlands, VA

#7 Apr 10, 2012
you can thank Obama and the EPA for the slack in the coal industry! Now think before you vote come No
haha

Richlands, VA

#8 Apr 10, 2012
did not lay off got 1.00 raise
The joker

Grundy, VA

#9 Apr 10, 2012
I hate it for all of you.I will pray for all of you.
The Truth

Port Republic, VA

#10 Apr 10, 2012
Somebody Loves You wrote:
you can thank Obama and the EPA for the slack in the coal industry! Now think before you vote come No
The slow coal market has more to do with an extremely warm winter and recent overproduction due to the record spot market prices of a few months ago. The return of Australian coal to the market is also a major factor.

Sorry GOP, but Obama and the EPA are not responsible for this.
Tebo Ted Johnson

Grundy, VA

#11 Apr 10, 2012
Last I was informed we did get a dollar on the hour raise they laid all the contractors off last month when they cut us back to 32 hours per week but they told us last week that we was going back to a six and three work week just eight hour shifts and no long wall still.
facts

United States

#12 Apr 11, 2012
when i worked as an underground miner i was trained early in my career to not go deep in debt at least not have more bills than unemployment could pay. if youve been laid off you know what i mean if you havent then you will get the oppurtunity to learn. its inevitable mines mine out companys get sold places go broke back then there were more mines harder to find a job now these young miners will learn not to go buy a 60k truck after one layoff and they lose it second time around they will save some back for the rainy day that is sure to come
Not union

Grundy, VA

#13 Apr 11, 2012
union busters wrote:
Buchanan One is not union! Island Creek was but Buchanan One is not!
Longwall Daddy C

Grundy, VA

#14 Apr 11, 2012
Not union wrote:
<quoted text>Buchanan One is not union! Island Creek was but Buchanan One is not!
Union or not has nothing to do with layoffs. The reason why they cut us back is due to the fact coal was not being shipped and they were still running coal like it was in high demand. They do this every year they break production records. They flood the market and the demand drops now you also have other countries mining coal at a high rate so now China has several options for the coal needs. Consol Energy was charging record high prices for coal per ton...until the Aussys being to mine there coal for a lower price per ton and Consol decided they was not and I quote "discount our coal". They shot their self in the foot period!!!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#15 Apr 11, 2012
??????

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16 Apr 11, 2012
How many places will be having the layoffs
Captain Jackem

Grundy, VA

#17 Apr 11, 2012
None...Rumors are what keeps the coal mines fun to work at. Just another B.S. story until someone posts that he or she was for sure one of the so called "laid off" workers. Im leaving it as just another rumor.
wrong

Grundy, VA

#18 Apr 11, 2012
I don't know where you get hour info from but they are not laying people off my husband works there and you have no idea what your talking about and if you will notice the stock pile is just about gone
Service do gooder

Grundy, VA

#20 Apr 15, 2012
A source told me that a layoff isn't it coming but I few weeks off is tho. Sources say do to a recent finding of low volumes of air are not making its was into the mines from a vent they will be stopping all sections to run the long wall for a few feet per shift. Only needing several men. Not the whole shift of men. Sorry
Service do bad

Grundy, VA

#21 Apr 15, 2012
Service do gooder wrote:
A source told me that a layoff isn't it coming but I few weeks off is tho. Sources say do to a recent finding of low volumes of air are not making its was into the mines from a vent they will be stopping all sections to run the long wall for a few feet per shift. Only needing several men. Not the whole shift of men. Sorry
What in the he11 did you say???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grundy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
man at vansant begging for money 24 min orphelius Pontiac 28
Rebecca Chapman 9 hr cRaZEe ClaUDe 3
Best D you have had in Buchanan county 23 hr Cumguzzler69 3
american legion Sun granddaughter 5
2000 Dollar REWARD Sun Why was it Deleted 7
does anybody know Josh Addair (Apr '10) Sat Knew him 53
Carol Ellis from 6&20mile br (Aug '10) Dec 2 Charles 8

Grundy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance