Is Listia a Scam Site?
celindaaqs048

Miami, FL

#1 Nov 3, 2013
Is Listia a Scam Site?I signed into Listia, the "Free" item auction site. This was a Mistake!
I mailed away Several items, and even Paid for Credits, bidding on Many items, which I Lost ALL of them. I chalked it up to Hunting for Deals. I Referred my Friends for Credits, and Completed Deals for More Credits. I bid High on a few things, Losing them All.

Then I received an E-mail stating my Account was Suspended, for "Violation of the Rules", listing several items it MIGHT have been. It included a Link to their Rules, and I read Each One, and had done Nothing Wrong! I wrote Customer Service, who Declined to Respond.

Is this a Scam Site?
I feel like an Idiot for Believing in "Free Stuff".
Where can I Report it? What Authorities cover This Kind of Fraud?
ann

Victorville, CA

#2 Jan 16, 2014
can u please go threw this link and sign up so i get free credits , its free and easy to do ,its kind of like ebay but instead of money its credits https://www.listia.com/signup/5342561
i use it not a scam, altho there are idiots you may buy from but then u can get your credits back
Lorraine

Central District, Hong Kong

#5 Mar 24, 2014
If Listia is really a nice site, that people like, the listia staff does not have to go around and write around, imposing that they are we ordinary members and saying that people must have make mistake to be suspended. when the truth is most ordinary people, like you and me, already got suspended from this horrible site which if you dont use paypal they would suspend you fast to avoid you take free items for any longer. they (the staff) can even go around and tell lies that it must be we who must have faults to be suspended.
now a lot of facebook groups and facebook pages are anti-listia.
many groups and pages in facebook pointed out that, listia can only verify each possible address only the first time they enter and they would really suspend people with same address (shipping address) and even, not only that, there are listia groups and pages saying that not all banned people must have scammed others to be suspended.
we join listia just to bid item for friends, if we scam we would not be happy when sellers send us items. right?
if a person is so greedy, can one item satisfy them, so yes listia is wrong when saying that they only ban scammers. think how greedy a scammer is. this kind of fallacy saying that scammers are the ones that listia only ban, and if people obey its rules they would never be suspended no matter when, but then, listia staff turned their heads and changed their minds and go ban and suspend other people. suspend people without proper reasons but just think and create a fake reason, false reason, false excuse. just to avoid people bid items for free without using paypal. this is not alright.
if I really scammed others you ban me, I dont hate them. yes it was I scamming others so being banned. but the truth is I only get one item in listia with my limited credits in my free listia profile/account. how can listia determine and judge that I scam when my limited credits can at most win 2 or 3 items. with 4000 credits, only 2-3 items can get. right?
how can you say that this is a scam and the person is scammer. first, I did not steal, I use my credits for the items I won. I need to pay my credits too. second. your site restrict people can only open one acc in one IP. if people online in public computer with over one computer, are you saying that one person controls all computers?
and do you guys know how listia judge same IP thing.
IP address is determined by every IP address first 3 digits.
if someone else, even if in different countries, with same first 3 digits in their IP address same and matching your IP address first 3 digits, then. they are called "your multiple accounts"
that was why there are many yahoo people saying what?
let me tell you guys.
"Listia suspended me saying that I have multiple accounts, but I really did not have 2 accounts, I suspect that nearby computers use same to similar./close number first 3 digits in their IP address. and it made listia thinks so, but it's not the actual truth. "
Yes what is scammer. scammer is someone who wants to have a lot of items. if 2-3 small items is already called greedy/scammer. how about those who win over 5 ?????
yes listia is absurd and giving people difficult times by suspend people without actual reasons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groveton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Virginia questions a 4-lane legacy as road name... Jul 25 Ecossias 3
found dog (Jun '14) Jul 22 Amelia Christina 9
Debate: Marijuana - Rose Hill, VA (Sep '10) Jul 17 grest 17
Election Who do you support for Member House of Represen... (Oct '10) Nov '10 RLB 3
News Mystery Wrapped In Enigma (Nov '08) Nov '08 Patti 1
News 'Praying Predators' Steal Thousands (Jan '08) Jan '08 Pachacutec 18
Cox Digital Cable Service Reliability (Apr '07) Apr '07 Stephen 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Groveton Mortgages