Two plead guilty in Groveton locker r...

Two plead guilty in Groveton locker room rape

There are 20 comments on the Nacogdoches Daily Sentinel story from Apr 25, 2007, titled Two plead guilty in Groveton locker room rape. In it, Nacogdoches Daily Sentinel reports that:

Two Groveton high school seniors pleaded guilty Monday to felony charges stemming from a sexual assault report in August 2006 of an eighth-grade girl who was raped after school hours on campus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nacogdoches Daily Sentinel.

Since: Jan 07

Onalaska

#1 Jul 11, 2007
I find it disturbing that the boys were never kicked out of the school.This girl was raped and these boys were allowed to attend school like nothing happened.Basically she gets raped by 4 high school guys then she gets it from the school as well.It has been almost a yr since this happened.That poor girl.And the boys get probation.Unreal.And why did the parents have to seek help in Lufkin?Why did we not take care of our own here in Groveton? O wait....I guess you guys were.You should be ashamed.
talk what you know

Houston, TX

#2 Jul 11, 2007
your talking about something you have NOOO clue about... maybe you should research a little better before you open your mouth... if you knew all the facts then you would understand why they were never kicked out of school.

Since: Jan 07

Onalaska

#3 Jul 11, 2007
I know 2 of the 4 boys that are involved.One of them is the son of a faculty member at the school.My sons attend school with them.I live in this town.These boys were spreading rumors that she came to the locker room cause she wanted it.That she asked for it.Now 2 of them have came forward with guilty pleas.So 4 u to say I dont know whats going on...well thats ridiculous.They were allowed to continue on at that school without any reprisal.Since you know so much...enlighten me plz....why were they allowed to stay in school? My kid gets suspended if he has a fight...gets dentention if he gets 3 tardys...but they can rape a girl,and notta.Interesting.
sad

Zimmerman, MN

#4 Jul 15, 2007
You have to be family , to be able to turn your head to something like this. Tell me this how do boys know when a young lady is asking for it , they are not boys anymore,they each need to be raped .I agree these boys don't need to be aloud back in school.As for the super.to say alot of lessons were learned here,you need to be raped too.
GROVETON

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Jul 17, 2007
mudgirl wrote:
I find it disturbing that the boys were never kicked out of the school.This girl was raped and these boys were allowed to attend school like nothing happened.Basically she gets raped by 4 high school guys then she gets it from the school as well.It has been almost a yr since this happened.That poor girl.And the boys get probation.Unreal.And why did the parents have to seek help in Lufkin?Why did we not take care of our own here in Groveton? O wait....I guess you guys were.You should be ashamed.
Good old Groveton has there own set of RULE'S EVERONE KNOW'S THAT IT'S A HUSH HUSH THING IN THAT TOWN !!!!! DO THE CRIME AND NOT THE TIME HELLO
GROVETON

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Jul 17, 2007
mudgirl wrote:
I know 2 of the 4 boys that are involved.One of them is the son of a faculty member at the school.My sons attend school with them.I live in this town.These boys were spreading rumors that she came to the locker room cause she wanted it.That she asked for it.Now 2 of them have came forward with guilty pleas.So 4 u to say I dont know whats going on...well thats ridiculous.They were allowed to continue on at that school without any reprisal.Since you know so much...enlighten me plz....why were they allowed to stay in school? My kid gets suspended if he has a fight...gets dentention if he gets 3 tardys...but they can rape a girl,and notta.Interesting.
only Groveton can get away with all this ... thay just mop it out the door ** U can't get away with that in Houston
Trinity

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Jul 18, 2007
talk what you know wrote:
your talking about something you have NOOO clue about... maybe you should research a little better before you open your mouth... if you knew all the facts then you would understand why they were never kicked out of school.
maybe you don't know what your talking about

Texian

“One Nation, under God”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#8 Aug 17, 2007
Anyone know what they recieved as a sentence, if any?
Possibly they are wrong

Adel, GA

#9 Nov 13, 2007
Texian wrote:
Anyone know what they recieved as a sentence, if any?
Two plead guilty in Groveton locker room rape
By JESSICA SAVAGE
The Lufkin Daily News
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
LUFKIN — Two Groveton high school seniors pleaded guilty Monday to felony charges stemming from a sexual assault report in August 2006 of an eighth-grade girl who was raped after school hours on campus.

Alexander Pennington received a sentence of 30 days in jail and 10 years probation after he pleaded guilty to a lesser, second-degree felony assault charge. Cord Williams received three years probation when he pleaded guilty to burglary of a building. Both Pennington and Williams were 17 years old when the incident occurred.

On Aug. 25, police responded to the boy's locker room and found an unresponsive 13-year-old female student in the field house after school hours. The girl underwent a sexual assault examination at a Lufkin hospital later that day, the release stated.

Police later charged four high school students with sexual assault, including two juveniles who were 15 years old at the time. A Trinity County grand jury later indicted the four students.

The Trinity County Attorney's office would not release any information on the juveniles involved in the sexual assault, calling the information confidential. It was not clear whether or not their cases had been disposed.

Groveton Superintendent Joe Driskell said the school would probably take action and send the students who had pleaded guilty to an alternative school.

"We just have to review it again now that they have been found guilty," he said.

The two seniors recently returned from Alternative Education Placement, where they had been for about a semester, Driskell said.

Since the incident, he said, the school has been trying to make sure students are not "hanging around school when school personnel leave."

But, he pointed out, what happened Aug. 25 was beyond the school's knowledge.

"It all happened after hours," he said. "They came back to school without us knowing about it. It's an unfortunate thing that happened. It has kind of left us with a black eye."

Pennington, whose charge was dropped from aggravated sexual assault of a child to injury to a child, will serve his jail sentence after his high school graduation on May 25, according to records filed in the Trinity County Clerk's Office. He is also required to attend a sex offender treatment program, complete 240 hours community service, and pay $600 restitution and a $400 fine.

Williams is also required to pay a $100 fine and serve 120 hours community service.

"I think there has been a lot of lessons learned," Driskell said. "I don't look for that to happen anymore — not on our campus."

All the scope i could get on it for you.

THEY SHOULD HAVE THROWN BOTH OF EM IN THE PEN AND NEVER LET THEM OUT.
Not Right

Granbury, TX

#10 Nov 15, 2007
This is terrible. I can't believe they are gonna let one of them graduate before serving any jail time. If they did it once they'll do it again! They didn't even get a slap on the wrist! And what about registering as sex offenders?

Texian

“One Nation, under God”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#11 Nov 23, 2007
Seems pretty typical actually for a group and community "of their peers and family" to perpetuate the cycle of perverse violence through "empowerment" by "twisted justice"!

Most likely these will become "repeat offenders" and in a criminallistic sense have also most likely done this before. They just got caught this time is all.

Unfortunately, their next victims may not be left alive to identify ANYONE! Thus, the "system" produces even a more violent and dangerous criminal that may oneday become homicidal.

Nice job Judge (I say sarcastically!), I'm sure you were guaranteed something from their families, sure would like to know what?
unfair

Huntsville, TX

#12 Aug 2, 2010
My daughter went to school there when this happened. They were all four football athletes and 3 were starters. They were allowed on the team the following year. Can you believe that? Good ole Texas. More concerned about winning than what's right. I don't agree that they allowed one to wait until after graduation to serve sentence.
snickerbar

Austin, TX

#13 Aug 5, 2010
Joe Ned Dean probably handled this the way he's handled other sexual assaults, probation boys that's the way it goes.
ItsSerious

Conroe, TX

#14 Aug 5, 2010
So what kind of sentence did they give them? A slap on the wrist?
That mess up

Georgetown, TX

#15 Oct 3, 2010
Groventon is a little town, so everyone know each other.Thats why it got put under the table for so long.It dont matter about the age or what it should have more jail time for those boys and they shouldn't be able to graduate at that school either. MY uncle son goes to Corrigan Camden HS, it was his last yr there and he got into it with the principle and told the principle he would wipe his ass, he got sent to a alterntive school and couldn't graduate in Corrigan Camden HS either. But the school a few miles down the road, Goveton let boys rape little girls, probable not the first either and the school dont do anything about it. That ashame!!
buffalo

Crockett, TX

#16 Oct 8, 2010
this is messed up that you people are still talking about this. yall are talking down on these boys because they "raped" a girl. all of your talk is just plain crazy. this was a girl who was sexual active long before this happened. this girl wanted to have sex with these boys. she had been hanging around the locker room and football field for weeks prior to all of this happening. this whole thing got turned into a rape case when her racist daddy didn't like his little white kid with these black boys. NOW THATS HOW GROVETON DOES.
Karma

Edna, TX

#17 Oct 12, 2010
let these punks get away with it, NEXT time they may not be so lucky.... papa might carry a BIGGER gun!
want goes around, comes around!
this is unbelievable

Conroe, TX

#18 Oct 12, 2010
That mess up wrote:
Groventon is a little town, so everyone know each other.Thats why it got put under the table for so long.It dont matter about the age or what it should have more jail time for those boys and they shouldn't be able to graduate at that school either. MY uncle son goes to Corrigan Camden HS, it was his last yr there and he got into it with the principle and told the principle he would wipe his ass, he got sent to a alterntive school and couldn't graduate in Corrigan Camden HS either. But the school a few miles down the road, Goveton let boys rape little girls, probable not the first either and the school dont do anything about it. That ashame!!
i agree with you myself, i went to cchs and graduated in 08, i probably know they guy you are talking about if he attened cchs too, but my senior year i was bored and in the computer lab, and me and some girls try to bypass a firewall to get on facebook, and we got caught. we almost lost the privelage of graduating ourselves, and we were damn good students with high grades, but not even 15 miles on 287 in groveton they allow someone to rape a female, and get a way with it.. pretty much???. dude thats totally crazy, and he doesnt serve his sentences to after he graduates? theres something really messed up about this picture
buffalo

Buffalo, TX

#19 Oct 14, 2010
the school didnt want to do anything about it because even they knew of the girl and knew it wasn't a rape
Vel

Livingston, TX

#20 Jan 31, 2011
Joe Ned Didn't need this Conviction,He Had Already Won or Should I say Bought His Election.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groveton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women using their kid to jail you 17 hr Observer 1
Kimberly Collvins 18 hr Trinity river 13
Lakewood at Livingston (Sep '10) Sat The Prezident 10
Most incompetent HOA in east tx history GONE!!!... (Feb '16) Sat The Prezident 9
beware con man living in onalaska Feb 16 Truth 1
Yellow Airplane Over Groveton Feb 12 Trinity tiger 2
Reroute your goddam Valentine parade Feb 11 Patriot 1

Groveton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Groveton Mortgages