Large Drug raid ‘bust’ in Trinity

Large Drug raid ‘bust’ in Trinity

Posted in the Groveton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rick

Clyde, TX

#1 Jun 16, 2007
Groveton News - June 2007

TRINITY – An investigation into a pair of drug raids conducted in Trinity during the early morning hours of May 28 was continuing this week, according to Pct. 1 Constable Woody Wallace.
One of the raids – at an Emily Street residence -- was reported in the May 31 edition of The Trinity Standard but Wallace said this week that another also occurred at a Trinity residence located near the intersection of Robb and Kelly Streets.
In that raid, Sarah Parker was taken into custody on a marijuana possession complaint.
“Most of the drugs seized during the raids were found at the Emily Street residence but we did find some marijuana and what we believe to be a trace amount of cocaine at the residence at Robb and Kelly streets,” Wallace said.
The constable indicated that his office was involved in the case because it helped develop the information used to obtain search warrants for both residences. The raid was conducted by Officer Donald Fisher of the Trinity Police Department, members of the Trinity County Sheriff’s Department and the Pct. 1 Constable’s Department.
“Officer Donald Fisher was the lead investigator into these arrests,” Wallace said.“Officer Fisher wrote the affidavit for search warrants based on good information and both search warrants were signed by Justice of the Peace Bobby Nicholds
Describing the Emily Street raid as “one of the largest drug raids in Trinity,” Wallace said officers seized nearly half a pound of crack and powder cocaine as well as marijuana.
Tyra Tubbs, 18, of Huntsville and Gregory Turner of Trinity were arrested at the Emily Street residence and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance. A third suspect, Jamel Johnson, fled the scene as officers arrived and a felony warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Wallace noted that both residences had gained attention by local law enforcement officers due to the “unusual amount of traffic in and out of the houses.”
The constable said his department gained “a great deal” of intelligence while conducting routine traffic enforcement in Precinct 1.
“The amount of information is unbelievable that law en-forcement officials can gather on routine traffic stops and these raids were a direct result of just that,” he said.
He noted that both raids were conducted without incident and that additional charges are pending results of laboratory analysis of materials seized during the raids.
Wallace said that Fisher was dismissed by the Trinity Police Department as a result of the raids.
“It is not clear why or what policy he violated, and I believe it is wrong how he had been treated,” Wallace said.“If anything, he should have been rewarded for the extra hours he worked on this investigation and how well it went.”
Trinity Police Chief Lynn Gentry confirmed this week that Fisher had been dismissed but said the matter involved violations of procedures both before and after the drug raids.
The Emily Street raid is a good case and the district attorney’s office is working on prosecuting it right now,” he said.
Gentry said the problem occurred because Fisher failed to inform the chief that the raid was taking place or that search warrants had been obtained.
He added that after the raids, a number of vehicles were impounded and towed without the proper paperwork being filed at the police department.
Rick

Clyde, TX

#2 Jun 16, 2007
Pct. 4 Constable makes a drug bust
Groveton News - June 2007

APPLE SPRINGS – A routine traffic stop that occurred last Friday May 25, 2007 led to a felony drug arrest made by Trinity County Precinct 4 Constable Kent Blanchard. The incident occurred at approx-imately 11:00 pm when Constable Blanchard stopped a vehicle on Highway 94 east for allegedly speeding in the slower 40 mph speed zone in Apple Springs. The vehicle was coming from the Nogalus Prairie area.
The sole occupant of the vehicle was Cristofer Lee Nash, a white male of the Apple Springs area. Constable Blanchard said he immediately smelled alcohol on the driver when he approached the truck. The driver was asked to step out of the vehicle for a field sobriety test.
After conducting a search of the vehicle, Constable Blanchard discovered an open container of cold beer hidden under the seat. In addition, the Constable found a substantial amount of methamphetamine drugs packaged for resale, three sets of digital scales used to weigh the illegal drugs, and other drug sales paraphernalia. Currently, paperwork is being filed to seize over $3,200 in cash that was found on Cristofer Lee Nash’s person, the Chevy truck he was driving, a firearm found in the truck, and other various contents of the vehicle.
Nash was arrested at the scene and taken to the Trinity County Jail. He is charged with a felony drug related offense.
Constable Blanchard said that seizures of this type are used to fund the Pct. 4 Constable’s Office and the Trinity County District Attorney’s Office.



Shelly

Clyde, TX

#3 Jun 24, 2007
These guys need a lot of support from the community! They are doing the right thing. Shame on the man who fired Officer Fisher for doing his job. Shame on everyone else for standing by and letting this go on in Trinity. Chief Lynn Gentry, Councilman Neil Smith, Council Charlse VanDyke, Councilman Daryl Morrow, Council Chris Dennis and the Mayor Lyle Stubbs all need to be fired by the citizens of Trinity, there are all in this together.
Rick

Clyde, TX

#4 Jun 25, 2007
Shelly wrote:
These guys need a lot of support from the community! They are doing the right thing. Shame on the man who fired Officer Fisher for doing his job. Shame on everyone else for standing by and letting this go on in Trinity. Chief Lynn Gentry, Councilman Neil Smith, Council Charlse VanDyke, Councilman Daryl Morrow, Council Chris Dennis and the Mayor Lyle Stubbs all need to be fired by the citizens of Trinity, there are all in this together.
I thought Morrow was deceased? He has to be totally pickled by now, I only remember him being so drunk that he could not stand up with slurred speech. As for Smith he should be under a jail some place, he is as anti-police as they come. Smith has ofter been heard saying that he "hates cops". How can someone like this be in charge of a city?
SDS

United States

#5 Jun 25, 2007
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Morrow was deceased? He has to be totally pickled by now, I only remember him being so drunk that he could not stand up with slurred speech. As for Smith he should be under a jail some place, he is as anti-police as they come. Smith has ofter been heard saying that he "hates cops". How can someone like this be in charge of a city?
Smith? Isn't he the one who will not allow a woman police officer in the city of Trinity?????

And just so you will know. These people who control local city and county government have run off other law enforcement personnel who have actually done their job. As unfortunate as it is to loose Fisher there have been others who dared to enforce the law and suffered the consequences....
Rick

Clyde, TX

#6 Jun 25, 2007
SDS wrote:
<quoted text>
Smith? Isn't he the one who will not allow a woman police officer in the city of Trinity?????
And just so you will know. These people who control local city and county government have run off other law enforcement personnel who have actually done their job. As unfortunate as it is to loose Fisher there have been others who dared to enforce the law and suffered the consequences....
That's him! Get this- Once a female inquired to Neal Smith, and Hayne & Wayne Huffman if she could join the Volunteer Fire Department. They told her and I quote "There will never be a N****R or a WOMAN on the fire department as long as we have anything to do with it".
Did I hear someone say "boot'em out".
Jason

Clyde, TX

#7 Jun 25, 2007
SGT. Neal Smith works at Eastham and has broken more laws than most of the incarcerated individuals that are in TDCJ-ID. Smith has often been seen handing inmates cigarettes which is a felony. Smith has paved his driveway with city equipment, employees, and materials; filled his pond with city water which he elects not to pay for; waters his garden with free city water during a time of water rationing (when an issue was made about it he had the ordinance removed); moves his rent houses around with out permits as he sees fit; take the doors off the hinges of his rent houses when his renters are late with the rent (violation of the law); dismisses tickets that city officers write (does not have the authority to do so); gives direct orders to city employees; makes decisions in "executive session" (which is a violation of the open meeting act); meets with fellow city councilmen and discusses city business in Daryl Morrow's yard (which is a violation of the open meeting act). Mayor Lyle Stubbs has been heard saying that "Neal's cousin had to take the GED test for him because he could not pass it". Smith is first on Mark Evans' list to be appointed to Commissioner's Court when something happens to Cecil Webb. Smith and Evans are sitting there just like vultures waiting for Webb to die. If the people in Trinity County allow this to happen, it will be just like the city of Trinity growing to incorporate the entire county.
Retired

AOL

#8 Jun 26, 2007
Only in Trinity can a councilman interfere with an officer trying to servce an arrest warrant from another county because the man did some work for him or some other reason. The Texas Rangers were called in to investigate and as a result ended up at the DA's office. Guess what the outcome was--councilman resigned. But guess who is back on the council--the same person. It seems the DA failed to somehow make it to where the person couldn't run again. I think he may have been off 3 or 4 months. If that had been someone other than Neal Smith, they would
still be in jail for interferring with a police officer trying to perform his duty.
Shelly

Glen Rose, TX

#9 Jun 27, 2007
Jason wrote:
SGT. Neal Smith works at Eastham and has broken more laws than most of the incarcerated individuals that are in TDCJ-ID. Smith has often been seen handing inmates cigarettes which is a felony. Smith has paved his driveway with city equipment, employees, and materials; filled his pond with city water which he elects not to pay for; waters his garden with free city water during a time of water rationing (when an issue was made about it he had the ordinance removed); moves his rent houses around with out permits as he sees fit; take the doors off the hinges of his rent houses when his renters are late with the rent (violation of the law); dismisses tickets that city officers write (does not have the authority to do so); gives direct orders to city employees; makes decisions in "executive session" (which is a violation of the open meeting act); meets with fellow city councilmen and discusses city business in Daryl Morrow's yard (which is a violation of the open meeting act). Mayor Lyle Stubbs has been heard saying that "Neal's cousin had to take the GED test for him because he could not pass it". Smith is first on Mark Evans' list to be appointed to Commissioner's Court when something happens to Cecil Webb. Smith and Evans are sitting there just like vultures waiting for Webb to die. If the people in Trinity County allow this to happen, it will be just like the city of Trinity growing to incorporate the entire county.
We sure do not need Neal Smith on the Commissioner's Court. It is clear that the only thing Mark Evans is trying to do is stack the court in his favor. Neal Smith will certainly be a "yes man" for Mark Evans. Mark Evans now controls- 1 District Judge, the Sheriff and his department, the entire Trinity City Council, the only defense lawyers in town, and now he is after the District Attorney's again. Mark Evans has a cousin Janet Reynolds that is from Lufkin, has purchased a trailer house and put it in Trinity County where she now claims she lives. Janet Reynolds is already campaigning on weekends for the District Attorney's job. Regardless of how anyone feels about Joe Ned Dean, we do not need another Evans in office in Trinty County. If Mark's cousin wins, Mark will control the entire county. Just imagine what they will do to someone who does not agree with them. Can you imagine being falsly acussed of a crime (which that have done to people in the past) and you are represented by an Evans(those to are too poor to afford a lawyer will have one appointed for you), in an Evans court, while you are being prosecuted by an Evans. This all comes after you are arrested by an Evans; Yes they are going to try to get an Evans in the Sheriff's position too. They are seriously considering running Joe Lynn Evans (Mark's brother) for Sheriff, maybe not this time but certainly the next election of 2013. Meanwhile they will still control the Sheriff position until the perfect time to run his brother. We should just go ahead and change the name from Trinity County to EVANSville, no cities, just plain ol' EVANSville. Think this won't happen, just stay home and do not vote, or let the rumors that they start about the other good candidates for office sway your vote. It will!
This is wrong

Glen Rose, TX

#10 Jun 27, 2007
It is very obivious that this goes to the top. Every one in Trinity County should demand that Chief Gentry resign or be fired... He will never convince me that he is not being paid off by someone! This is how or children are being exposed to drugs at such an early age. Sorry POS!
DeeAnn

Glen Rose, TX

#11 Jun 28, 2007
There needs to be more raids just like this one. It seems every other house in Trinity is selling dope and very few are doing anything about it. It is very obvious why! I say we need a complete new City Council, Police Chief, Sheriff, County Judge, District Judge, Commissioners. These elected few are distroying the whole county for all of us.
Jason

Glen Rose, TX

#12 Jun 28, 2007
This is wrong wrote:
It is very obivious that this goes to the top. Every one in Trinity County should demand that Chief Gentry resign or be fired... He will never convince me that he is not being paid off by someone! This is how or children are being exposed to drugs at such an early age. Sorry POS!
And Gentry claims to be a preacher... Go figure!
Curious

Huntsville, TX

#13 Jun 29, 2007
Everyone goes off of hearsay and does not even know the half of it. I for one know that the police in Trinity worrying more about the little things like having radios up too loud or having people pull up on the street to talk to you, more than the known drugs deals that go on at the “tree” and “north side”. Why won’t they worry about these places where they know drug deals and hookers are on every corner and quit worrying about the small things? Pertaining to the alleged “drug bust”(which is not anywhere near a drug bust) on North Robb, and to Woody Wallace, the “unusual amount of traffic in and out of the houses”, can people have friends? I have people in and out of my house all day and all night, but I am not a drug dealer. Younger people tend to have friends that come over and spend time with you. Sorry to have friends that like to be around. I know they were just looking for a reason to bust in that house because of the name of the person that it happened to. If people these days were more mature over everything and less excited to jump on the first opportunity to talk about someone and how they do this wrong and who their dating, and so on and so forth. And about Donald Fisher, I know him, and he is a good guy, and I do not think that he should have been fired, but all the accusations against Lynn Gentry are wrong. People make mistakes and Officer Fisher happened to make a few when it came to the processes before and after a drug raid and this is why he was dismissed from duty, just as I would be from my job if I were to do things wrong and against policy and procedures. Also, the accusations towards Lynn Gentry about having another woman or whatever, all I can say is “GROW UP”. I am kin to his wife, Carolyn that passed and I know first hand about all that had happened. Everyone has their differences and makes their mistakes. I know I have and I can probably put money on it that whoever is reading this has too. If my spouse were to pass (God forbid) I know I would find comfort in family and/or friends, and then there goes the gossip about having relations with them. I know Carolyn would not want him to be sad and depressed for years and years and not be happy. She would want him to move on and be happy and live a life of happiness. I have other family that does things they shouldn’t, but am I judged for their mistakes in life. Just because his brother has made mistakes does not mean that Gentry should be held accountable. Do you want all the mistakes in your life known to the public? I wouldn’t think so. Everyone is sitting here accusing everyone of how good or bad a job each member of the council and police departments do, but could you do it better? All this “yes man” stuff about Officer Jones, what is this? Quit sitting here writing about it and do something about it if you are that concerned. I mean come on people. All of this crap is ridiculous. How does anyone expect to grow as a community when no one can get along. Isn’t Trinity a ‘City of Prayer’? What happened? If everyone would take as much time to talk about their problems; as they do talking down on people; and work together to get stuff done and work out their differences then maybe Trinity would be a whole lot better off. Get the facts right before you talk and if you do not know first hand what is going on then keep your mouth shut. This would help the “problems” that we have in our office here and throughout the town Trinity. I am not trying to take up for anybody here but people need to realize what the real problems are and where they are. And it is not the things Chief Gentry does in his personal life or the times Sheriff Jones says yes, or anything like that. I just wish people would stop accusations and stop talking about people. Pray for them; don’t talk about them as if they are trash. Treat another as you wish to be treated and then maybe something good will come out of all this.
milltown res

Glen Rose, TX

#14 Jun 29, 2007
Your statement is that of a hypocrite! You say that Officer Fisher should not be fired then you agree that he or anyone should be fired for violating policy. THE TRINITY POLICE DEPARTMENT DOES NOT HAVE A POLICY! Then you say it is okay for people to make mistakes. Then you admit to Chief Gentry making mistakes and say let him be, IS HE ABOVE THE LAW?

You say the accusations against Gentry are wrong, and then you state that you know about them. You state that the alleged “drug bust” was no where near a drug bust. You mean to tell me that there were not any drugs found. Any amount of drugs is a drug bust in the eyes of the law! You act as if Constable Woody Wallace was the only one conducting the raid and was only after the house on North Robb, because of who lived there. I believe that there were two drug busts that weekend and other agencies were involved. In plain English you say that Woody Wallace was responsible for the raid then you say that Fisher should have been fired because he made mistakes. Who did the investigation on Fisher? Are you saying a known drug dealer in Trinity for a long time should not be busted because he is Earl’s grandson or the only reason he was busted was because he is related to Earl? I live in Mill Town, drive by that house everyday and have heard my kids say that is where all kids go to buy marijuana, pills, crack, meth and cocaine. And I have also noticed that the amount of traffic has halted every since that fateful morning, is he out of business or does he have any friends anymore? It is a known fact that the only reason that house was not busted was because of who he was and it took someone from outside Trinity to come in and do what Lynn Gentry would not do. I for one think that Officer Fisher was done wrong and that everyone there should be praised for their actions including the Constable that came in to help.

Since you opened this can of worms, why is it that a federal agency comes in to bust on of the largest drug dealers in this town that everyone knew about?“Moody” as he is commonly known, obviously made several thousands of dollars selling drug in Chief Gentry’s city (just look at the cars he and all of his family drives around town in). Why was Lynn Gentry not there at the raid that day? I know because that did not tell him! I wonder why?(Not really)

Do you want a Sheriff that has to act on everything the County Judge wants? Or, do you want a Sheriff that will do the job the he is sworn to do without influence?

Before you start preaching to anyone in this forum, you might like to review the 10 Commandments! You also might want to review other cities policies about a supervisor having relations with an employee.

Nobody in this forum is perfect, but we expect our city officials to act a bit more professional and without bias.

To sign off, I will not treat any corrupt cop or drug dealer with respect. All of our police officers are SWORN TO UP HOLD THE LAW! You are self righteous hypocrite and need to start praying for yourself and your family. Lynn Gentry is a liar and you know it!
Shelly

Glen Rose, TX

#15 Jun 29, 2007
Lynn Gentry obviously wrote the curious episode, nobody else would defend him so well. Note that curious says: This would help the “problems” that we have in our office here; and then goes on to say he is kin to Lynn's wife. Get someone else to write for you, they probably would not make it so clear.
Curious

Huntsville, TX

#16 Jun 29, 2007
Believe what you want but this is not Lynn.
abcd

Huntsville, TX

#17 Jun 29, 2007
This is all pretty stupid!!! The truth will come out in time and everyone will know what is really going on with the intelligent police officers we have patrolling our street. So people keep talking your making them famous.
efgh
#18 Jun 29, 2007
milltown res wrote:
Your statement is that of a hypocrite! You say that Officer Fisher should not be fired then you agree that he or anyone should be fired for violating policy. THE TRINITY POLICE DEPARTMENT DOES NOT HAVE A POLICY! Then you say it is okay for people to make mistakes. Then you admit to Chief Gentry making mistakes and say let him be, IS HE ABOVE THE LAW?
You say the accusations against Gentry are wrong, and then you state that you know about them. You state that the alleged “drug bust” was no where near a drug bust. You mean to tell me that there were not any drugs found. Any amount of drugs is a drug bust in the eyes of the law! You act as if Constable Woody Wallace was the only one conducting the raid and was only after the house on North Robb, because of who lived there. I believe that there were two drug busts that weekend and other agencies were involved. In plain English you say that Woody Wallace was responsible for the raid then you say that Fisher should have been fired because he made mistakes. Who did the investigation on Fisher? Are you saying a known drug dealer in Trinity for a long time should not be busted because he is Earl’s grandson or the only reason he was busted was because he is related to Earl? I live in Mill Town, drive by that house everyday and have heard my kids say that is where all kids go to buy marijuana, pills, crack, meth and cocaine. And I have also noticed that the amount of traffic has halted every since that fateful morning, is he out of business or does he have any friends anymore? It is a known fact that the only reason that house was not busted was because of who he was and it took someone from outside Trinity to come in and do what Lynn Gentry would not do. I for one think that Officer Fisher was done wrong and that everyone there should be praised for their actions including the Constable that came in to help.
Since you opened this can of worms, why is it that a federal agency comes in to bust on of the largest drug dealers in this town that everyone knew about?“Moody” as he is commonly known, obviously made several thousands of dollars selling drug in Chief Gentry’s city (just look at the cars he and all of his family drives around town in). Why was Lynn Gentry not there at the raid that day? I know because that did not tell him! I wonder why?(Not really)
Do you want a Sheriff that has to act on everything the County Judge wants? Or, do you want a Sheriff that will do the job the he is sworn to do without influence?
Before you start preaching to anyone in this forum, you might like to review the 10 Commandments! You also might want to review other cities policies about a supervisor having relations with an employee.
Nobody in this forum is perfect, but we expect our city officials to act a bit more professional and without bias.
To sign off, I will not treat any corrupt cop or drug dealer with respect. All of our police officers are SWORN TO UP HOLD THE LAW! You are self righteous hypocrite and need to start praying for yourself and your family. Lynn Gentry is a liar and you know it!
Okay Mrs. Donald Fisher you know everything don't you? Your husband is a pervert running around after minors. If you weren't so worried about him being done wrong and worry about what he is doing wrong. He "used" his badge to the fullest, in wrongful ways to get kids in the bedroom. Why doesn't he just become a rent-a-cop, work at Westwood Shores or something. It must suck being on the unemployment list? Or maybe he can just pull in unemployment and your family can live off of our tax dollars. He sure likes Trinity Hish School sinors, huh? Pretty sad. While everyone is trying to defend ole' Woody Wallace, which is another known PERVERT in this town. You think you know, huh? Really you have no idea! We can go around and around again. Just charge it to the game.
DeeAnn

Texarkana, TX

#19 Jun 30, 2007
I know for a fact that Lynn will not stand up to the city council. Do I know 100% why? No! But I would guess that he is afraid they will fire him, after all they have been trying for a while now. After reading all these post, we need to avoid peoples personal lives and stick to the job that they are paid or elected to do. What Lynn, Woody, Mark, Donald, and the rest of them do in their personal lives is none of our business. However, what they do as public officials and on the job is our business and we should give constructive critisim, not attack, also call and encourage them to do the right thing. Let them know you will support them if they go against the powers to be. I bet that Lynn knows that firing Donald Fisher was wrong and he knows that he should have done what was in his heart and not what the council told him to do. But it is too late and he is on the defensive. Can we start over and keep this forum to what is public information and not personal. We have all been guilty up to this point but lets change the direction and give the critisim that we need to support who we have to work with and if they do not do any better in the near future take it to the polls. Everybody in this forum knows that drugs is a major problem in Trinity and people, especially family are going to naturally defend them if one of their members is involved. That is why we have several different agencies in the country, because one of them is not going to be kin to the drug dealer and/or answer to any one related to them. This is the only way for drug dealers that are related to public officials to be prosecuted fairly. So when the Sheriff's depart or the Constable Dept. comes to town and takes care of business why do people get up in arms? These guys are going to do the job that is required and it is much easier for them to because they do not directly answer to the city manager, city council or the police chief, and this is a good thing. And Lynn 'God Bless you Brother' but you know Joey was a drug dealer, everybody in town knows, he has been arrested and charged, now let get him the help and encouragment he needs to be productive in society. Joey's life is not over, he was wrong and must pay the penalty, but I doubt if he will get more than a slap on the wrist, so help him get a job or an education that will lead him away from this town, until he is old enough to know that there is more to life than what is going on in Trinity right now!
dont worry who i am

Trinity, TX

#20 Jun 30, 2007
Shelly wrote:
These guys need a lot of support from the community! They are doing the right thing. Shame on the man who fired Officer Fisher for doing his job. Shame on everyone else for standing by and letting this go on in Trinity. Chief Lynn Gentry, Councilman Neil Smith, Council Charlse VanDyke, Councilman Daryl Morrow, Council Chris Dennis and the Mayor Lyle Stubbs all need to be fired by the citizens of Trinity, there are all in this together.
if u dont live in trinity u dont know what is going on if u dont do ur job by the book u can get in trouble and look they did get in trouble

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groveton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How do feel your local D.A.(David Weeks) is doi... (Aug '11) Sep 1 anonymous 5
News Vickers sentenced to 17 years for murder (Nov '09) Aug 29 Friend 23
Meth Heads in local stores Aug 26 cokehead 4
groveton Aug 25 Bob 3
moving to onalaska tx Aug 25 katie13173 2
Meth and local business owners Aug 21 Joe w 2
Steve Conley ... Piece of crap (Jan '15) Aug 20 Town homo 40
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Groveton Mortgages