Semi hits man in Groveport | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

A man was killed last night when he was hit by a tractor-trailer while trying to cross a Groveport road.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Ouch

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

What a way to go.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Judged:

What an idiot. How do you not see a semi coming? So many pedestrians these days are more interested in texting than where they are walking.
Ignorant people

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Judged:

For those of you who have made ignorant comments about this man you should maybe take a moment to think about your own mortality and how quickly your life could end by an unfortunate circumstance. Clearly you're quick to make judgement on anothers life rather than to consider and post insensitive statements while not thinking about emotions of the wife, children, and family members who have lost someone in their life. Interesting statements of judgement for someone you don't know nor do you have all the details around the event to clearly have an opinion about this man. I'm reassured that each of us, including you, will ultimately stand infront of a God who will judge you as you have judged others.
Dan Gleesack

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Judged:

So sad. Tragic.
Who knows Y

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Judged:

Ignorant people wrote:
For those of you who have made ignorant comments about this man you should maybe take a moment to think about your own mortality and how quickly your life could end by an unfortunate circumstance. Clearly you're quick to make judgement on anothers life rather than to consider and post insensitive statements while not thinking about emotions of the wife, children, and family members who have lost someone in their life. Interesting statements of judgement for someone you don't know nor do you have all the details around the event to clearly have an opinion about this man. I'm reassured that each of us, including you, will ultimately stand infront of a God who will judge you as you have judged others.
All people are judgemental. They can say they aren't but come on, The proof is in the writings..
Joe

Thompson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Judged:

Ignorant people wrote:
Sorry,I dont drink so I dont think I will be walking in front of a semi anytime soon.
Connie

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Judged:

Give up the crap. He was a person, maybe someone's son and brother or father. He is gone. They need to know that people will not make horrible statements about this poor guy.
Scott

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Judged:

You people have stunned me, you are showing no respect for my fathers death. I pray my mother never you ignorant comment, it will crush her. How can you people sleep at night being so heartless?
reddog

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Daniel B wrote:
wow...i know this guy...work with him...or did...he was my friend...an alcholic...but a good guy...this is why You dont Drink and walk or drive ..stay home...im stunned ...he's gone... R.I.P. John M.
ha tell me when was the last time you had a drink and yeah he had a problem but was frighting that and police tested both and neaither were druning so to all dumb buts be nice or come see me
a concerned citizen

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Judged:

Has anyone thought of how this truck driver must feel as well as his family? Also the family of the victim? Put yourself in their place. How would you feel about these comments being made about you or your loved ones? Life is short as it is. We do not need to add any more pain for either of these families to endure. The truck driver is going to have to live with this for the rest of his life even though he was not at fault. He is the innocent victim here but will be tormented by this for the rest of his life.
My thoughts and prayers are with both families, The Truck drivers and the Manning family. May God be with you and get you thru this terrible time.
Bubbles

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Judged:

That FedEx truck should pay for this crime. First, authorities should deflate the tires, maybe even stab one with a knife. Then they should vandalize it with spray paint and maybe throw rocks at it. Then, when it's on its last leg, blow it up. We need to teach all FedEx trucks that this will not be tolerated.
Only the truth

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Judged:

What an awful way to go. My question is what was he doing walking in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night?
My heart goes out to his family and friends.
Always more to the story

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Judged:

For those who actually wait to hear the whole story before making judgement, I sincerely thank as a family member of this man. This was not a person who was stumbling across the street in a drunken stupor who didn't know where he was going, nor a man who drank daily as some (Bubba and other ignorant posters) would choose stereotype those who are struggling "alcoholics". This man was simply walking across the street to go into work last night to financially support his wife and minor children, who are today grieving there loss. Apparently there are those (Bubba and other ignorant posters) who live in glass houses and like to throw stones at anyone passing by regardless of how hurtful their insensitive comments are. What goes around comes around.
Bodie

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Judged:

Excuse me but as part of Coroner's job she will have a tox screen ran on body and it will no doubt show a level of intoxication three times the legal limit
our own time will come

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Judged:

I see the same names time and again posting rude comments when these tragedies happen. Do you feel stronger after denouncing the weakness of others?
Scott

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Bodie wrote:
Excuse me but as part of Coroner's job she will have a tox screen ran on body and it will no doubt show a level of intoxication three times the legal limit
Sorry to burst your bubble but there was no traces of alcohol in the victim or the the driver, obviously your sick mind wants this to be more than an accident, but it is nothing more than that.
Scott

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Judged:

Only the truth wrote:
What an awful way to go. My question is what was he doing walking in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night?
My heart goes out to his family and friends.
The answer to your question is, he was walking home from work.
Matt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

God bless him and his family. I will pray for the heartless rude folks that obviously get pleasure out of judging others in such horrible times.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Groveport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Groveport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••