Steady rain dampens progress on new M...

Steady rain dampens progress on new Metro Park | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 5 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from May 19, 2011, titled Steady rain dampens progress on new Metro Park | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Steady rain has delayed the construction and postponed the planned opening of the Walnut Woods Metro Park outside Groveport, where walking paths were flooded yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

watcher

Columbus, OH

#1 May 19, 2011
Just what we need, another public park, It not only costs us big bucks to develop it, but then there is the perpetual maintenance on it.
When will you folks understand we cant afford this right now. Do something useful like CREATE JOBS NOT PARKS!

Since: Apr 10

Columbus, OH

#2 May 19, 2011
watcher wrote:
Just what we need, another public park, It not only costs us big bucks to develop it, but then there is the perpetual maintenance on it.
When will you folks understand we cant afford this right now. Do something useful like CREATE JOBS NOT PARKS!
And who do you think will be performing all that "perpetual maintenance"? Magic Brownies that will do the work for free?
Kathy

Columbus, OH

#3 May 19, 2011
PotStirrer wrote:
<quoted text>
And who do you think will be performing all that "perpetual maintenance"? Magic Brownies that will do the work for free?
No D!psh!t - government employees living on the public dole, aka your payroll tax withholding and mine. And not just their wage, but their medical insurance and pension funds as well. I'm tired of funding thousands of other people's retirement accounts and not being able to afford to fund my own. I earn a wage, period. That wage is then taxed. That wage is then further reduced by medical insurance premiums and 401k contributions. You see how that works? I fund my OWN medical & retirement. Everyone should.
okay then

Blacklick, OH

#4 May 19, 2011
Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
No D!psh!t - government employees living on the public dole, aka your payroll tax withholding and mine. And not just their wage, but their medical insurance and pension funds as well. I'm tired of funding thousands of other people's retirement accounts and not being able to afford to fund my own. I earn a wage, period. That wage is then taxed. That wage is then further reduced by medical insurance premiums and 401k contributions. You see how that works? I fund my OWN medical & retirement. Everyone should.
Sort of like AEP employees living off your electric bill payment? Can't help it you work for cheap.
4 truthjstceandamr cnway

New York, NY

#5 May 19, 2011
Excuse me uninformed citizens, the voters of Franklin Co. recently passed a tax levy to fund MetroParks and their expansion plans. It's a great system and is well run. The majority has voted yes. And to Kathy...public employees also pay taxes, pension contributions, and health insurance premiums. I'll wager that if you compared checks, their withholdings may be higher than yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groveport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heard pcs (person centered services) is a good ... Fri Wondering 2
News Justice Insider: Justices laid low in Licking C... Aug 23 Posting as myself 1
Cheating Men in Canal Winchester? Aug 22 Hahaha 1
Does anyone know rainy a pretty blonde mid 30s ... Aug 21 Dawg 1
Nick Brungs Aug 21 Happy-go-lucky 1
Cheyenne Slater? (Aug '15) Aug 13 Her man 4
News Rider retrieves stolen bike in time for Pelotonia Aug 5 UTrashy 2

Groveport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Groveport Mortgages