Groveport delays decision on bond iss...

Groveport delays decision on bond issue for schools | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 14 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 28, 2011, titled Groveport delays decision on bond issue for schools | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Groveport Madison officials decided to hold off on a bond issue for a new high school and two refurbished middle schools.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Conservatives Lie

Columbus, OH

#1 Jan 28, 2011
You all can thank the KKK supporters for the frenzy of school tax-hike requests!(King Kasich & Ko.)

Cutting funding to every school in the state was not going to 'fix' any problems...it only passes them off to others. YOU!
We still remember

Columbus, OH

#2 Jan 28, 2011
When's the next teacher's strike? Some of us haven't forgotten how stupid you made yourselves look. Now we're old enough to be the decision makers. Hmmm....
Will Burns

United States

#3 Jan 28, 2011
Vote No on any tax levy.

Only you can prevent tyranical government and it starts by cutting funding to Union parasites
Smart Goof

Columbus, OH

#4 Jan 28, 2011
Then we look like the streets of Egypt or Uganda.
Will Burns wrote:
Vote No on any tax levy.
Only you can prevent tyranical government and it starts by cutting funding to Union parasites
JPS

Columbus, OH

#5 Jan 28, 2011
SO basically, had the voters gone for this the first time around, they would have payed less. Even if the bond issue never ends up passing, the loss of home values will cost everyone thousands. No one wants to send their kids to schools that are literally falling apart, and that's not even counting the classes held in what are supposed to be storage rooms. A good renovation wouldn't fix every problem that Groveport schools are facing, but it'd certainly do a lot.
good ole Groveport

Dallas, TX

#6 Jan 29, 2011
Groveport schools- seems nothing has changed. I agree with we still remember. that teachers strike was a joke-- Groveport still can't get it right--- they have closed their doors before who's to say it could happen again! how bout instead of another levy we cut the superintendent's salary and start there and some of the board members-- or better yet elect some people who know how to manage money. I surely wouldn't trust them with another levy.
Interested Reader

Canal Winchester, OH

#7 Jan 30, 2011
OK, good ole Groveport, if you make the superintendent work for nothing, that would save $101,000 and if the board meets 12 times a year, that's $1500 each. We'll make them work for nothing too. That would save $108,000 total, $7500 for the board and $101,000 for the superintendent. Gosh, if we all take our turn at being a free board member, next year you can try. In the meantime, how about a little practice now. Let's say you are going to be cut $2,000,000, you are only short $1,892,000. Remember, you are only allowed to have 30 kids in a classroom and you are maxed out. Good luck and grab a calculator and a school law book. By the way, I expect you to put your pencil where your mouth is and come up with some reasonable answers. After all, you seem to have all of them.
good ole Groveport

Coshocton, OH

#8 Feb 2, 2011
interested reader- 1 question for you. did u ever attend the crappy school of Groveport?
Interested Reader

Canal Winchester, OH

#9 Feb 2, 2011
I did not attend Groveport schools (and I dispute your description of them being crappy). I sent three of my kids to Groveport schools. I did my part, the teachers did their part, and the kids did their part. They got a good education and all did well in college when they got their bachelor's degree and then when they got their masters. Any more questions?
good ole Groveport wrote:
interested reader- 1 question for you. did u ever attend the crappy school of Groveport?
Interested Reader

Canal Winchester, OH

#10 Feb 2, 2011
Just wondering, good ole Groveport, was that question about whether I attended Groveport schools part of your research into how to cut the additional $1,892,000 I challenged you to find ways to cut (after you cut out the superintendent and the board)? I'm still waiting.
good ole Groveport wrote:
Groveport schools- seems nothing has changed. I agree with we still remember. that teachers strike was a joke-- Groveport still can't get it right--- they have closed their doors before who's to say it could happen again! how bout instead of another levy we cut the superintendent's salary and start there and some of the board members-- or better yet elect some people who know how to manage money. I surely wouldn't trust them with another levy.
good ole groveport

Dallas, TX

#11 Feb 2, 2011
well first of all, I was asking if u personally attended there to see if u were subject to the conditions and the surroundings of the buildings?
2nd of all, I did go there-- some of the teachers were great and some sucked. there were always thoughts of when another levy was going to be on the ballet and if the levy passed which a few did- what the hell did they do with all the money? I still ask that question.!!!!! I don't really give a crap what the current deficit is they need to start over from scratch get new board members and new superintendent. why does he need to make such piss poor decisions with money. good for your children and their successes! I am also successful! but no thanks to Groveport!
Maisie

Canal Winchester, OH

#12 Feb 2, 2011
It is not fair to accuse the superintendent of making bad decisions when you don't give facts. You just accuse. What decisions has he made that you think were wrong and what you would have done?
good ole groveport wrote:
well first of all, I was asking if u personally attended there to see if u were subject to the conditions and the surroundings of the buildings?
2nd of all, I did go there-- some of the teachers were great and some sucked. there were always thoughts of when another levy was going to be on the ballet and if the levy passed which a few did- what the hell did they do with all the money? I still ask that question.!!!!! I don't really give a crap what the current deficit is they need to start over from scratch get new board members and new superintendent. why does he need to make such piss poor decisions with money. good for your children and their successes! I am also successful! but no thanks to Groveport!
good ole groveport

Coshocton, OH

#13 Feb 2, 2011
Maisie wrote:
It is not fair to accuse the superintendent of making bad decisions when you don't give facts. You just accuse. What decisions has he made that you think were wrong and what you would have done?
<quoted text>
plain simple i didn't ask ur opinion. my comment was as a reply to some one else.
Interested Reader

Canal Winchester, OH

#14 Feb 2, 2011
That's the problem with this blog, people spout off without any details and then clam up, get defensive, or go to another subject when they are pressed for specifics. It's not fair to accuse anybody of the things that have been implied in this blog and then not explain yourself. Since you seem to be responding to me, what has the superintendent done to make you feel that way?
good ole groveport wrote:
<quoted text>
plain simple i didn't ask ur opinion. my comment was as a reply to some one else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groveport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Horse, rider die after collision with car | The... (Nov '09) 1 hr Escondito 273
Luvells tavern 3 hr UNFAZED 1
Keep our children safe Nov 29 bettypchef 2
Jessica Starr (Sep '14) Nov 24 Jessica Rabbit 2
info on Ashley mcjunkin (Apr '17) Nov 23 Ashley m 61
Brianna Davis and Daniel matheny Nov 23 Move on 16
williamsport titties (Nov '15) Nov '17 Boob man 34

Groveport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Groveport Mortgages