Pedestrian stuck near Groveport | The...

Pedestrian stuck near Groveport | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 17 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 19, 2011, titled Pedestrian stuck near Groveport | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The Franklin County Sheriff's office is investigating a crash just south of Groveport that has either killed or seriously injured a pedestrian.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

“American gvt is in the bag”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#2 Jul 20, 2011
"Rt. 317 is an unlighted roadway where Baker was hit."

Brought to you by the wonderful magic of township government.
chicken little

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 20, 2011
Steer lights cost money. Are you willing to pay?
chicken little

Columbus, OH

#4 Jul 20, 2011
Opps, that would be STREET not steer!!! LOL
Citizen

Columbus, OH

#6 Jul 20, 2011
Tea Farty wrote:
317 is a state route and they are in charge of maintaining it. The township has nothing to do with it.
N8tive American

Hilliard, OH

#7 Jul 20, 2011
Are there walkways (sidewalk's) along 317.....or are people forced to walk in the street? Central Ohio is nothing more than a Joke.
friends

Hilliard, OH

#8 Jul 20, 2011
rest in peace you will be missed!
Observer

Miami Beach, FL

#9 Jul 20, 2011
N8tive American wrote:
Are there walkways (sidewalk's) along 317.....or are people forced to walk in the street? Central Ohio is nothing more than a Joke.
No and there isn't any along the freeways either, RT 317 is not a housing area and does not call for sidewalks.
oh really

Columbus, OH

#10 Jul 20, 2011
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
No and there isn't any along the freeways either, RT 317 is not a housing area and does not call for sidewalks.
I drive that route every single day....there are a large number of apartments just west of Alum Creek drive at 317 and while Alum Creek is well lit, 317 in that area is not.
Realist

Columbus, OH

#11 Jul 20, 2011
Not every road can be lit up at night! Seems to me, the pedestrian was at fault here. I'm sure there was room to get off the road. It is so startling when you are driving at night and all the sudden there is some idiot walking on the pavement dressed in a black hoodie like they own the road! It's like they're daring you to hit them! Shoot, often you can't even see them until you're right on top of them! Not to mention, I believe that area of 317 is at least 50 MPH.
Kman

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 20, 2011
When walking on a dark road safety is improved by walking on the left hand side so oncoming traffic is in the pedestrian's field of view. Many pedestrians are listening to music using earplugs which increases the danger from traffic approaching from behind.
relax

Pickerington, OH

#13 Jul 20, 2011
You insensitive pricks, the guy might have been cooling off from a fight with his girlfriend or something...we can only specualte why he was on the road, but someone is dead. Have a little decency.
Billie Conley

Carroll, OH

#14 Jul 20, 2011
Prayers are being sent to Family of David Baker ! So sad he had to leave this world that way :()))WHY(((
Observer

Miami Beach, FL

#15 Jul 20, 2011
oh really wrote:
<quoted text>
I drive that route every single day....there are a large number of apartments just west of Alum Creek drive at 317 and while Alum Creek is well lit, 317 in that area is not.
Yes and there are sidewalks in this neighborhood.
Sad

Hilliard, OH

#16 Jul 20, 2011
THIS IS WHY YOU WALK FACING TRAFFIC!! What an unfortunate accident.
Barrack

Galloway, OH

#17 Jul 20, 2011
The only thing that would have made it worse if the guy would have been riding a bicycle, while wearing black trousers a black hoodie, and no reflectors or safety tape on the bicycle...Maybe we should license "Road Walkers" with an endorsement after they pass a State Certified Walking Course....Just raise taxes to fund the project....
country life

Grove City, OH

#18 Jul 20, 2011
Tea Farty wrote:
That would require a lot of energy to light up all state routes in Ohio. Not to mention it would probably disrupt wildlife. And most people living on a road designated as a state route would NOT want the light pollution from street lights.

“American gvt is in the bag”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#20 Jul 21, 2011
chicken little wrote:
Steer lights cost money. Are you willing to pay?
Yes, that's why I live in a city, and pay higher taxes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groveport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ATM Skimmers or GSM Receiver (Oct '16) Oct 13 Pizza 10
ATM Skimmers Oct 8 Hardwork_rio 8
Dupont MILF Oct 8 anonymous 7
Westfall Schools Oct 7 WhoCares 2
info on Ashley mcjunkin (Apr '17) Oct 5 Ayee 55
News Joe Blundo: Need to get to Chicago in a hurry? ... Oct 3 They cannot kill ... 3
News Thieves Steal 1,000-Pound Tractor Trailer Engin... (May '11) Sep '17 warning 42

Groveport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Groveport Mortgages