Butler DA seeks death penalty in two ...

Butler DA seeks death penalty in two cases

There are 10 comments on the Post-gazette.com - News story from Sep 26, 2007, titled Butler DA seeks death penalty in two cases. In it, Post-gazette.com - News reports that:

Butler County prosecutors will seek the death penalty in two recent homicide cases, one involving the double slayings of a farmer's wife and her boyfriend and the other involving the death of a 14-month-old boy ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Post-gazette.com - News.

rmandy70

Centerburg, OH

#1 Nov 17, 2007
i htink she isnt so innocent
tucker moore

Seoul, Korea

#2 Mar 27, 2008
anyone who ever claims to have known jarred knight knows he never could have hurt tyler on purpose...anything anyone's got to say can come see me..everyone's real vocal when a man can't stand up 4 himself...
guilty as charged

Slippery Rock, PA

#3 Jul 16, 2008
give me a break you know he did it! may not have been his intent to cause death to the poor, sweet INNOCENT CHILD, but he clearly meant to cause harm to him. you wanna talk about people who cant stand up for themselves??? what about TYLER how much defense could he provide for himself? if them death penalty is appropriate in this case then i say pursue it. yea, you say that you dont think the mother was so innocent, but THAT WAS HER CHILD! you know she would have never left in in harms way.now she has to live the rest of her life feeling guilty as it is, noone has the right to judge her, shes not the one who caused his death.
just asking

Belle Vernon, PA

#4 Aug 16, 2008
Just heard the mother to this baby is in jail in another state for something unrelated to this childs death has anyone else heard that
a slippery rock grad

Butler, PA

#5 May 15, 2009
i've known jarred since 6th grade. we went to school together for most of our young lives. jarred may have been a lot of things, but he was no murderer. the shame of it all was that he loved tyler more than anything and the mother seems to have forgotten that. she came up with accusations only after tyler was gone. i am a mother myself and it is devastating to think of losing a child, but to be vendictive will not bring the baby back. as to the person who posted from slippery rock, shame on you for assuming you know anything. you probably don't even know the mother. i did, i grew up with her as well. she never even came up with accusations of child abuse until this happened. the first time she saw a supposed mark on that baby, should have been the end. her story isn't straight either and now jarred will spend the majority of his life in jail for something that was an accident. who is a jury going to believe, a crying mother or the man who is accused of harming a child?
Harrisville Person

Slippery Rock, PA

#6 May 18, 2009
I just want to know, if she was so concerned about the child then why would she take him around Jarred, if the baby cried and screamed when he saw him I think that would raise some questions. I would not be taking my child around someone if my child was screaming. She has family why wouldnt they take care of Tyler, if the mother was at work or where ever if there was so much of a concern.It just doesn't make since to take a small child to someone if you think they are doing something bad to that child. I am not saying Jarred is innocent or the mother is guilty of something, it just dont make since to take the boy if she knew of the marks and he was having nightmares and screaming when he saw someone. The boy is the one that suffered, and it might have been preventable. Why didnt she just stop having Jarred care for him if that was the case, Tyler might be here today if the mother would have done that.
One close Friend

Slippery Rock, PA

#7 Sep 17, 2009
I know Jarred and Jessie well and as far as i can say Jessie says Jarred beat Tyler or whatever well why would you leave him with him? Jarred is a very caring and loving person people that know him know very well that he could not do this to a child! Jarred is on of the sweetest guys I know and I know he couldnt do something like this! Everyone just needs to lay off of him! You werent there! No one was so theres no room for anyone to judge him!
Harrisville resident

San Francisco, CA

#8 Jan 24, 2012
I was best friends with Ashley Knight growing up and I can say right now the fact Jarred murdered Tyler doesn't surprise me AT ALL. That whole family was always rotten and entitled because Ashley's dad was a cop.
Tyler wasn't Jarred's son so Jarred killed him! It's obvious to everyone and that's why Jarred's in jail for 40 years! Let him rot!
Also that video of Ashley throwing a fit at the sentencing was hilarious, dumb b*tch.
Formerly from Harrisville

Medina, OH

#9 Dec 1, 2012
This should be no surprise to anyone from Harrisville. My son was in Knight's class at school, and he was always trouble. He and another boy once chased my son (4th graders at the time) through town with a ball bat. This was when there was a video store in town, and the clerk there called us to come pick our son up, because those boys were waiting for him. We called the state police, but before they arrived, Knight's dad was at our house threatening us. Knight's uncle, the Harrisville cop showed up too. He was always covering things up for Knight and his sister, who was nearly as bad as he was. Maybe if they had let him face some consequences when he was a kid, he wouldn't be in prison now.
JFleeger

United States

#10 Mar 21, 2018
tucker moore wrote:
anyone who ever claims to have known jarred knight knows he never could have hurt tyler on purpose...anything anyone's got to say can come see me..everyone's real vocal when a man can't stand up 4 himself...
You are spot on with that one Tucker, all of us who know Jarred know that was most definitely an accident. People these days just like to cause any kind of drama they can, and also like to cause pain to others, even if they have to lie to do it, just as long as it's not them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grove City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wild (Nov '17) Mar '18 Edward 2
grove city tax collector exposed (Sep '10) Nov '17 buzzbee 2
News 1959 Devin D Roadster: From Kit Car to Hillclimber (Aug '07) Sep '17 Bigfoote 43
loud boom outside darbydale anyone know what it... (Mar '15) Aug '17 Anon 2
easy money (Feb '17) Feb '17 username 1
News Kane receives bad rap from business owner (Oct '09) Feb '17 Fed up resident 7
Summer (May '15) Sep '15 Here to help 2

Grove City Jobs

Personal Finance

Grove City Mortgages