Road-rage conviction too little for w...

Road-rage conviction too little for widow | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 31 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 16, 2011, titled Road-rage conviction too little for widow | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Coy R. Hannah didna t take the stand to defend himself against a murder charge in the road-rage beating of a motorist on Harrisburg Pike in Franklin Township.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ThatsOK

Columbus, OH

#1 Jul 16, 2011
Punching someone in the head is risky. Unlike on TV, real world punches often break blood vessels and lead to life-threatening swelling.
Paul

Manchester, TN

#2 Jul 16, 2011
Can anyone make sense out of the sentencing of criminals in Ohio? Pathetic!
Grand Pubah

Mount Vernon, OH

#3 Jul 16, 2011
Paul wrote:
Can anyone make sense out of the sentencing of criminals in Ohio? Pathetic!
NO
ramseyjames

Marion, OH

#4 Jul 16, 2011
This pos should have been sentenced to 15 years to life. It's a-holes like this piece of trash that make driving in Ohio hazardous!
No hope and change please

Delaware, OH

#5 Jul 16, 2011
ramseyjames wrote:
This pos should have been sentenced to 15 years to life. It's a-holes like this piece of trash that make driving in Ohio hazardous!
I don't know how many times I've have been driving along at a little above the speed limit and some idiot gets right on my bumper trying to force me to go faster and I would like to stop and punch then.
I usually just slow down to below the speed limit when this happens.
Been there - done that

United States

#6 Jul 16, 2011
ramseyjames wrote:
the 15 to life was for the murder charge, which he wasn't convicted of. You can only sentence someone on the charge or charges they're actually found guilty of.
Coach

Hilliard, OH

#7 Jul 16, 2011
Not MURDER then what is?
Hate Crime

Coshocton, OH

#8 Jul 16, 2011
What color was the victim? I see that his wife is white, and we know the perp Mr. Hannah is black. According to the original Dispatch article, Mr. Hannah started the entire episode by tailgating the victim.

Why does the Dispatch and the rest of the media refuse to mention race when the victim is white and the criminal is black? When the roles are reversed, the media can't wait to report the race of each party, promote the entire 'hate crime' dialogue, and stoke as much racial tension as they possibly can.
CSD

Columbus, OH

#9 Jul 16, 2011
CCW reverses the outcome in this matter.
LilOne

Grove City, OH

#10 Jul 16, 2011
Unfortunately for all of you, you were not in the court room to see all of the case information play out or to hear all the arguments that were made. Reserve your judgement unless you know all the facts.The outcome of this case rested in the hands of 12 of your peers as well as Mr.Hannah's and they made their choice. 12 people agreed on the verdict unanimously so justice has been carried out based upon the laws of the state of Ohio.
Hardy har har

Coshocton, OH

#11 Jul 16, 2011
LilOne wrote:
Unfortunately for all of you, you were not in the court room to see all of the case information play out or to hear all the arguments that were made. Reserve your judgement unless you know all the facts.The outcome of this case rested in the hands of 12 of your peers as well as Mr.Hannah's and they made their choice. 12 people agreed on the verdict unanimously so justice has been carried out based upon the laws of the state of Ohio.
You mean like the Casey Anthony trial? It will be interesting to see how judge Laurel Beatty treats his sentencing.
reading this wrong

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 16, 2011
, drove to his wife’s house for what was to be a date night, she testified. Mrs. White said she cleaned up his injuries and drove him to his West Side apartment.

....huh???
Floridian

Medina, OH

#13 Jul 16, 2011
Witnesses reported the victim was punched 8 to 25 times?
That's murder in my book. Justice was denied in this case.
Condolences to the victim's widow and family.
Jim R

Butler, OH

#14 Jul 16, 2011
LilOne wrote:
The libs are so concerned about the defendant these days that juries almost never get the facts. Most relevant info is not allowed lest it actually convict the guilty party- the jury is usually the only group not to "know all the facts". The only thing they get to "know" is the defense obfuscation and red-herring tactics, which have been honed to the point that any sentient being would be confused.

Hey, pass it on - create confusion and go free!! Only in America.

What do we know? We know guy #1 initiated and carried out a murderous beating on guy #2. You think something could mitigate that? After punch #1, all the other punches, and witnesses said there were many, were premeditated. This was murder, plain and simple and, as usual, guy #1 got away with it. Oh, and the victim, guy #2, is DEAD!!! There is no "justice" in our "system of justice"...
Joe

Mount Vernon, OH

#15 Jul 16, 2011
reading this wrong wrote:
, drove to his wife’s house for what was to be a date night, she testified. Mrs. White said she cleaned up his injuries and drove him to his West Side apartment.
....huh???
Huh is right -- maybe if they had been living together as husband and wife - she could have gotten help for him faster ---
richard

Galloway, OH

#16 Jul 16, 2011
I TAKE TWO TO FIGHT HE COULD HAVE KEPT THAT MIDDLE FINGER DOWN OR JUST WALKED AWAY.
I DRIVE FOR A LIVING AND WHAT SEE EVERYDAY FLOORS ME MOST PEOPLE CANT DRIVE
Another Reader

Columbus, OH

#17 Jul 16, 2011
richard wrote:
I TAKE TWO TO FIGHT HE COULD HAVE KEPT THAT MIDDLE FINGER DOWN OR JUST WALKED AWAY.
I DRIVE FOR A LIVING AND WHAT SEE EVERYDAY FLOORS ME MOST PEOPLE CANT DRIVE
Gee, I missed that part of the article. Did it say he flipped off the other driver. Huh. Guess I should read a bit more carefully.
Browns Fan

Westerville, OH

#18 Jul 16, 2011
Let this be a warning to all of us. When road rage rises up in a person, he is no longer thinking rationally. A primitive part of the brain has taken over. Get off at the wrong exit if you have to. Just let it go. Those two could have easily caused a multi-car accident.
Ron E

Bluffton, OH

#19 Jul 16, 2011
Jim R wrote:
<quoted text>
The libs are so concerned about the defendant these days that juries almost never get the facts. Most relevant info is not allowed lest it actually convict the guilty party- the jury is usually the only group not to "know all the facts". The only thing they get to "know" is the defense obfuscation and red-herring tactics, which have been honed to the point that any sentient being would be confused.
Hey, pass it on - create confusion and go free!! Only in America.
What do we know? We know guy #1 initiated and carried out a murderous beating on guy #2. You think something could mitigate that? After punch #1, all the other punches, and witnesses said there were many, were premeditated. This was murder, plain and simple and, as usual, guy #1 got away with it. Oh, and the victim, guy #2, is DEAD!!! There is no "justice" in our "system of justice"...
What facts did the jury not hear? You are suggesting that something was withheld from the jury? What was it? The jury heard his statement. What did they not hear? If you don't know then don't make stupid comments.
common SENSE

Columbus, OH

#20 Jul 16, 2011
So if you physically ASSAULT a person sitting in their car and they die, and there are witnesses you get manslaughter? Franklin Township is a dangerous place to be....

Coy is worse than an animal. He will get his.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grove City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sammi Taylor Wed HER COUSIN 3
watch ya kids Wed Dave 5
Raychael Grantham (Dec '14) Jul 28 dfrggf 4
deer creek marina sexual harassment (Jul '13) Jul 27 NOPE 7
News Davis sworn in as council member Jul 27 Eddy 2
Debate: Marijuana - Williamsport, OH (Sep '10) Jul 26 Caitlynn Whitten 22
power outage Jul 25 curious 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grove City Mortgages