Piecing together Groton's history

Piecing together Groton's history

There are 6 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jul 13, 2010, titled Piecing together Groton's history. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

For Earl Carter, a pair of cracked, paint-covered door hinges that sit in a room above his garage is a piece of the puzzle that is Groton's history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Oldhouseowner

Tyngsboro, MA

#1 Jul 13, 2010
Bravo to Mr. Carter for saving these pieces of history and keeping them where they belong. In this face paced world we need to hold onto our history rather than pave over it. I'd love to be able to view his collection with my kids. Maybe it should be a field trip for the Groton/Dunstable schools, if so sign me up to chaperone! Thank you Mr. Carter for all you hard work and diligence.
Whitten

Stockton, CA

#2 Jul 13, 2010
I have been a silent admirer of Earl Carter for his dedication of perserving history.
Ed S

Brookline, NH

#3 Jul 13, 2010
Others would call this stuff junk...
Grotonite

Westford, MA

#4 Jul 15, 2010
Why build a museum? Can't these items be put on display at the Groton Historical Society?4
Joy

Auburn, MA

#5 Oct 15, 2011
Grotonite wrote:
Why build a museum? Can't these items be put on display at the Groton Historical Society?4
Have you ever been to the Boutwell House, there is no room for anything and Earl has a huge collection, even more than Boutwell, and he has them in the most pristine condition.
Torn

Groton, MA

#6 Oct 20, 2011
Wish the Groton Inn would be "pieced together"...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is The Driving Age In MA Too Young? (Apr '06) May '16 EverettCitizen 327
News Billerica weighs smaller lot sizes to attract h... May '16 hammerhead 1
News 2 attempt to steal car in front of housing court (Jan '08) Apr '16 Jeffrey Irvine 1012 4
News Police Briefs (Jan '08) Apr '16 Jeffrey Irvine 612 8
News Cragin's life has spanned many genres (Jan '08) Apr '16 Jeffrey Irvine 610 2
News The river runs through her Documentary to trace... (Jan '08) Apr '16 Irvine 403 2
News Historic Shirley barn saved from destruction (Dec '07) Apr '16 Irvinator 350 8

Groton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Groton Mortgages