Hargraves re-enters Groton political ring

Mar 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lowell Sun

Board of Selectmen candidate Robert Hargraves has chosen to keep away from recent controversies that have plagued town government to concentrate on the kind of experience he can offer as a member of Groton's top decision-making body.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Time Out

Groton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2012

Judged:

Mr. H. - Continue with your service on the FinCom...please...and be content with that. The BOS needs fresh, new blood.
Whitney

Groton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

I agree. Thanks for your service. Get a hobby and enjoy your retirement. You've earned it. If others want to serve now, it's their time.
Lucky Louie

Groton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Some "pols" just like to hear their own voices and be the center of attention. Your time is past, man.
A New Breed

Groton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

(Lowell Sun) "Board of Selectmen candidate Robert Hargraves has chosen to keep away from recent controversies that have plagued town government to concentrate on the kind of experience he can offer as a member of Groton's top decision-making body."

Way to go! Politics as usual. Play it safe and don't take a stand. Blow with the wind and go with the "popular" opinion/group.

We need a NEW face on the BOS who has some backbone, is intelligent and who respects residents. Someone who doesn't demean residents at meetings, who doesn't pretend to know everything. This kind of attitude may actually spread to the rest of the board!
Pam Curtis

Wiscasset, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Bob Hargraves was one of those who forced the Frazers to lose the Groton Inn - and their livelihood. He supported the manipulation and lies of Rosemary Kerry and the Nashoba Board.

I understand that Pat Frazer asked him to talk to George Pergantis about not demolishing the Inn - that it could be saved. He met with George in the Coach House, had a pleasant social conversation with him, and never mentioned the Inn. He told Gloria and George, "I have no idea why Pat called me after what we did to her."

Do you need him back on the Board of Selectmen??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Groton News Video

•••
•••

Groton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Groton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••