Horses have the right of way

Horses have the right of way

There are 28 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Dec 2, 2010, titled Horses have the right of way. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

I writing on behalf of Massachusetts Horse Owners. Almost on a daily basis, I ride or lead our horses on the roads around our rural community of Westford.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Patrick Henry

Westford, MA

#23 Dec 7, 2010
Horse Owner wrote:
I do pay fees for my horses. In my town I am required to have a livestock permet, as well as have my barn and animals inspected every year. Both of which are seperate fees. I also have my horses insured, which cost me a yearly premium so that if some chance my animals injure someone I am covered. JUST LIKE A CAR
You can ride your horses in Watertown but keep them out of the other towns.
Please

Nashua, NH

#24 Dec 13, 2010
Roads aren't paved with horses in mind. Get out of the f'n way.
clare

Steinbach, Canada

#25 Jul 8, 2011
Well I belive that horses have right of way. And people coming up behind on dirtroads yelling hooking and speeding past are straight up dicks. If drivers wouldnt toss there garbage out of there cars is ride in the ditch . But seeing as there are so many broken beer bottles I will not ride the ditch. I did ditch clean up with local 4h children and they share the same thoughts.
flippydeedoo

United States

#26 Jul 18, 2011
clare wrote:
Well I belive that horses have right of way. And people coming up behind on dirtroads yelling hooking and speeding past are straight up dicks. If drivers wouldnt toss there garbage out of there cars is ride in the ditch . But seeing as there are so many broken beer bottles I will not ride the ditch. I did ditch clean up with local 4h children and they share the same thoughts.
I plan on getting very drunk next weekend. Can I borrow someones' horse for the ride home? No need to get a DUI.
cc rider

United States

#27 Sep 10, 2013
Patrick Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
If I see you or your horse on 495 be prepared to get a bumper up your sweet bippy. Horses and Jackasses are not allowed on 495 by federal law.
next sob to hit me on horseback in the road won't need the law. They will need a casket. Now. F**k with it...
cc rider

United States

#28 Sep 10, 2013
flippydeedoo wrote:
<quoted text> I plan on getting very drunk next weekend. Can I borrow someones' horse for the ride home? No need to get a DUI.
hey dumb dumb. Dui laws are the same for horses stupid. Ride a horse drunk down the road n let a cop see u. U will be calling mommy to make your bond and the bond for your "borrowed" steed.
cc rider

United States

#29 Sep 10, 2013
Darn right. And ps... roads were built for horses to begin with. Matters none if cars use the roads these days or pay taxes and insurance to be on them. We never have had to insure a horse, and I for one will not. We have and always will had the right of way. Now, on a more serious note, if someone comes flying up to me and my horse again, I will shoot now and ask questions later. I will ride my horse where I wish, without anyones approval. And, I could care less about the law when it comes down to my own life. So, who wants to be dead wrong????
Horse jerks

Holyoke, MA

#30 Apr 20, 2014
Why dont horse holes start paying excise tax to be on the road. bunch of liberal losers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Serving life for Ayer murder, ex-Green Beret su... (Jan '09) Jul 6 QBob 125
News Convict sues Ayer police (Jun '08) Jul 4 Disappointed 50
News Ayer man remains held without bail in domestic-... Jul 3 Fake News 1
Supervisors at Archive Systems In Littleton (Oct '16) Jun 29 Fast Typer 8
News Rape charges dropped in Westford beach case (Sep '09) Jun 28 Normal Guy 41
Harvard is a joke (Dec '10) Jun '17 American 3
News Church bids farewell to the Rev. Denham (Aug '10) May '17 MLPaige 2

Groton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Groton Mortgages