Homework policy questioned at G-D sch...

Homework policy questioned at G-D school meeting

There are 2 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Mar 28, 2012, titled Homework policy questioned at G-D school meeting. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

That was the question raised by parent Amy Kelly of Groton at last night's meeting of the Groton-Dunstable Regional School Committee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Smart Cookie

Groton, MA

#1 Apr 2, 2012
"Chairman James Frey noting that the district's homework policy made no mention of how much homework could or should be assigned to individual students.

"As a result Frey said the committee's policy subcommittee would look into the matter to offer options and make recommendations to the School Committee for possible changes."

It has been my experience that there are established homework policies at the Elementary and Middle School levels, including how many minutes per week. Teachers are diligent about giving homework assignments that will fit within the time parameters. Some students (regular ed. as well as those on IEPs)need more time and accommodations are made for them.

There is nothing wrong with reinforcing lessons presented in the classroom by assigning homework!
A GD parent

Natick, MA

#2 May 4, 2012
It has been my experiance with kids in the Groton Dunstable schools that they have been assigned much less homework than I would have expected. In talking to coworkers with children in other school districts they are always amazed at how little homework my kids had.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prostitution sweep nets at least nine arrests i... (Aug '09) Aug 24 fred 269
News Westford neighbors demand action on rowdy Nasho... (Jul '10) Aug 18 Cher 235
News He 'never told me how this happened' (May '08) Aug 9 THE BOY IN BLUE 37
News William Aubuchon Jr., businessman, veteran, phi... (Nov '07) Jul '16 Revolt 7
Westford water ban and why isn't the town obser... Jul '16 runscottygrun 1
News Override fails in Groton; Dunstable passes Jul '16 Taxpayer 1
News Is The Driving Age In MA Too Young? (Apr '06) May '16 EverettCitizen 327

Groton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Groton Mortgages