Still no architect for Groton's Stati...

Still no architect for Groton's Station Ave.

There are 4 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Dec 21, 2010, titled Still no architect for Groton's Station Ave.. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Town Manager Mark Haddad said last night he hopes to have a winning architect on board by mid-January for the Station Avenue redevelopment project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Rick

Gloucester, MA

#1 Dec 21, 2010
Hang in there Grotonfolk. Maybe an assisted living home should be included in the plans. It's a convenient location and it might be ready in time for current Baby Boomers who'd like to stay in town in their golden years to move in. Don't hold your breath.
stone cold

AOL

#2 Dec 21, 2010
Rick wrote:
Hang in there Grotonfolk. Maybe an assisted living home should be included in the plans. It's a convenient location and it might be ready in time for current Baby Boomers who'd like to stay in town in their golden years to move in. Don't hold your breath.
HUH? The only Groton folk who MIGHT get the benefits of an assisted living facility in THAT location haven't been born yet! The Groton politicians will have to beat this to death for centuries before anyone see this happen.
Ina

Lexington, MA

#3 Dec 29, 2010
It's so wonderful to see that these plans are still moving forward. We were planning to move to Groton but ended up closer to Boston. Been in the burbs for a year now and I feel like I can't breathe. I still dream about moving to Groton. I love the town, the people, the sense of community. If only I could get my husband on board...... Still working on it. But I'm thrilled to see that the Station Ave plans haven't been put to rest with this economy.
Shack

Groton, MA

#4 Dec 29, 2010
I Love this town too...been here 45 plus years.
Leave Groton alone. In the years to come with all
the so called "improvements" it will be a city.
Its historic charm will disappear. Why is that people move to Groton thinking it is a
wonderful little town and then want to change it..?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Supervisors at Archive Systems In Littleton (Oct '16) Apr 18 Gary Bagwell 6
mr. right where are you ? Apr 16 Julia 1
News Guitarist J. Geils found dead in his Massachuse... Apr 14 Sattva Virginius 1
News Clark gets (Dec '10) Mar '17 Recall Clark and... 42
News Ayer settles over wrongful '83 slay conviction (Jul '09) Feb '17 Edward Niles 32
News Police: Pepperell man charged with stabbing has... (Jan '09) Feb '17 Bitch 105
News Ayer arrests (Aug '09) Jan '17 Sam 4

Groton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Groton Mortgages