Serving life for Ayer murder, ex-Green Beret sues for last Army...

Full story: Lowell Sun

Thirty years after William Tyree Jr. was convicted of ordering the murder of his wife in their Ayer apartment, the former Green Beret has filed a $5 million federal lawsuit against the Army, claiming he never ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Padawan

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2009

The Army should use the money in his last check to pay the electric bill after putting this clown in the electric chair.
Jim Ignatowski

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2009

These tough guys always have "emotional distress" over some non sense with the exception of the actual crime they committed. Lawsuits for them are just way to pass the time and waste more tax dollars on top of that already wasted feeding and housing them already. Why don't you just man up, do your time and rot away?
Jim

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2009

I recall the case well, he should have been executed then.
Linda

Sterling, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2009

I agree with Jim, he should have been executed back then, I think he has a lot of nerve expecting any money.
This ol' world just continues to get crazier by the day...
Two Harbors

Chelsea, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

This case will not go away, ever since A&E produced the special "Murder at Fort Devens."
Depending on what you read Erik Aarhus and SP4 Peters were also to blame for this awful crime.
Either way the outcome was not good for anyone that was involved. Operation Watch Tower and Orwell still seem to haunt the Ayer / Devens community.
bill

Brockton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

if any one has acopy of the show
Murder at Fort Devens done by A&E
let me know. I am interested.
It seem's to have disapeared from A&E archives
Witness

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Well, some people shouldn't comment unless they know what they're talking about. I know that Tyree didn't do the murder and neither did the other person in prison for it.
Murder at Fort Devens AE

Redwood City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2010

Stopped into a local bar in Ayer MA and spoke with some of the locals who remember the case and the A&E special. No one can find a copy of the A&E special and people are divided on the outcome of the case.
Not sure if this information assists in anyway except for the fact that local's still talk about the Tyree incident.
Witness

Concord, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2010

Witness wrote:
Well, some people shouldn't comment unless they know what they're talking about. I know that Tyree didn't do the murder and neither did the other person in prison for it.
There is activity on this matter.
Are you in a position to discuss?
KnewTyree

Maybrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2011

William Tyree was not Special Forces neither were Peters, Aarhus and others listed. They were attached as Headquarters personell and most likely never participated in any of these missions. My heart and prayers go out to Dawn Tyree. Try finding a copy of this special from A&E. It is gone- enough said.
Concord NH

Concord, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2011

Have A&E on VHS/DVD.
Advise.
Anton Hoffman

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

I lived across the hall from Aarhus and he drove us Parachute Riggers to and from the airfield where we worked. Aarhus did it. He said that he was high on the drugs he would procure from Army MDs for a variety of ficticious maladies.He read Soldier of Fortune magazine and held real Green Berets in contempt because he fancied himself a cold blooded pro killer. He was, in the end, a skinny little nothing who snuffed out a beautiful light in this world and left a poor child an orphan. Tyree arranged it. Sp4 Peters told me himself when I was Charge of quarters at the barracks the day he came back to Devens.
Witness

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

Witness wrote:
<quoted text>
There is activity on this matter.
Are you in a position to discuss?
Only to say that I saw the person and it wasn't either of them.
Witness

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

I don't know names only the person's face. It was neither of them.
CONCORD NH

Concord, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

Not knowing the protocol, I used "Witness" which is
another's handle.
The video, "MURDER AT FORT DEVENS" and the Ferdinand deposition, New Mexico,!998, is
available here.
Advise.
Dana McCurdy

Saint Thomas, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

I just ordered the vhs of the case I was wondering if there was any books out there on it I am interested. I am family of the victim down the line.
Two Harbors

Salem, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

No books on the case, where did you order the VHS tape from? I watched the episode back in 1998 but would like to watch it again.
Only written information is in Ayer MA library
Also you will find an article from a Utah newspaper outlining the incident.
The former base commander and CSM live in the Devens area, they are still aware of details.
Hope this helpa
ANGLE TURNER

Concord, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2012

TO: WITNESS, DANA MCCURDY, TWO HARBORS;

There is activity in the Tyree matter.

"MURDER AT FOR DEVENS", 4-5 HOURS FERDINAND
Deposition (New Mexico, 1998), available on DVD here.

"BAGMAN" By STACEY, play written re Tyree, etc.

Tyree has extensive written materials, also available
here.
Owryly

Sun Prairie, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

bill wrote:
if any one has acopy of the show
Murder at Fort Devens done by A&E
let me know. I am interested.
It seem's to have disapeared from A&E archives
I have the video. I would be willing to make copies if it was ok with A$E because they do not show it in their store anymore.

I'd like to know what "witness" is talking about. I was in the 10th SF with Tyree and Arhus. I didn't know Tyree well but I knew Erik VERY well. I was interrogated for 10 hours one night while the Army tried to force me to peg this on another soldier. I'm not sure if everyone involved is in prison but I think the guys that are are the right guys...
Owryly

Sun Prairie, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Anton Hoffman wrote:
I lived across the hall from Aarhus and he drove us Parachute Riggers to and from the airfield where we worked. Aarhus did it. He said that he was high on the drugs he would procure from Army MDs for a variety of ficticious maladies.He read Soldier of Fortune magazine and held real Green Berets in contempt because he fancied himself a cold blooded pro killer. He was, in the end, a skinny little nothing who snuffed out a beautiful light in this world and left a poor child an orphan. Tyree arranged it. Sp4 Peters told me himself when I was Charge of quarters at the barracks the day he came back to Devens.
Anton, were you the bullflex guy from New York? The people in the room across from Erik were Tom, and the sax player from Somerville, blonde guy, great guy...I thought you were married and lived off base? Anyways Erik got most of the drugs from illicit sources. The CID spent a considerable amount of time trying to force me to tell them who he got the drugs from. It also put me into a position of being set up as a snitch, which I think they presumed would get me to crack out of fear for my life,(which had been threatened by the way),...I can tell you he was probably taking 20-30 blue valiums (not stamped) a day at the time he was arrested, and I'm sure when he killed Tyree.

He did it, he didn't even fight the case.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Groton News Video

•••
Groton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Groton Jobs

•••
•••
•••