First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SPY

Roseville, MI

#1 Aug 27, 2012
Can anyone tell me any where in this world that rats have been eliminated?
Rat Patrol

Livonia, MI

#2 Aug 27, 2012
SPY wrote:
Can anyone tell me any where in this world that rats have been eliminated?
In the middle of any large and deep body of water.
SPY

Roseville, MI

#3 Aug 27, 2012
They still live on ships.
Richard Byrd

Grosse Pointe, MI

#4 Aug 28, 2012
Mainland Antarctica does not nor ever did have rats.
Sue

Roseville, MI

#5 Aug 28, 2012
If everyone would clean up their own property before they started to omplain about rats that would be a good beginning!
LSI

Grosse Pointe, MI

#6 Aug 28, 2012
We dont want you to clean it. We cash in on this big time.
really

Allen Park, MI

#7 Nov 27, 2012
LSI wrote:
We dont want you to clean it. We cash in on this big time.
STUFF. Stop feeding the birds
Enough

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#8 Nov 27, 2012
Just a word of caution to pet owners. Be careful when walking your dog. I just took mine to the vets. The dog had severe diarrhea for a few days. The vet told me the Shores has a problem with rats....no kidding! The rats are urinating all over the place and when you walk your dog, of course, they love to sniff. I am lucky that my dog is recovering. Another pet owner I know was not so fortunate.
SCS RESIDENT

Harper Woods, MI

#9 Nov 27, 2012
Eye called over a month ago and told Shannon ( CDI DEPT ) that i found burroughs on the side of my house...I gave her and LSI my permsion to enter my property and look around..

I asked what the procedure was, Shannon said they will come out, look around and leave a yellow notice on my door, she said LSI would be out in 2 or 3 days...a week went by and no yellow notice on my door, eye called Shannon she said LSI did come out and they would bait at the cities expense, she said 2 or 3 days and they will come back to bait, its been over a month now and still no bait box on my property...the sysytem the city has in place is knot working......i will go to the next CC meeting and tell them about this and then say YOu do not have my permision any more...

what does everyone think?
Joe Schmoe

Sterling Heights, MI

#10 Nov 27, 2012
It is getting cold, the rats are all going back in the sewers where it is warm and now that the city is done flushing them
liar

Grosse Pointe, MI

#11 Nov 27, 2012
SCS RESIDENT wrote:
Eye called over a month ago and told Shannon ( CDI DEPT ) that i found burroughs on the side of my house...I gave her and LSI my permsion to enter my property and look around..
I asked what the procedure was, Shannon said they will come out, look around and leave a yellow notice on my door, she said LSI would be out in 2 or 3 days...a week went by and no yellow notice on my door, eye called Shannon she said LSI did come out and they would bait at the cities expense, she said 2 or 3 days and they will come back to bait, its been over a month now and still no bait box on my property...the sysytem the city has in place is knot working......i will go to the next CC meeting and tell them about this and then say YOu do not have my permision any more...
what does everyone think?
You will not go to a council meeting. Your a liar.
Enough

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#12 Nov 27, 2012
What is this city thinking hiring a landscaping company to get rid of rats! We need professional exterminators to rid the city of this problem. Maybe we need to get the rats out of city hall and than maybe this city will be able to move forward and become the city it once was!!
SCS RESIDENT

Harper Woods, MI

#13 Nov 27, 2012
liar wrote:
<quoted text>You will not go to a council meeting. Your a liar.
Oh eye will bee there,,,,,,,,,you can count on it
wrong

Southfield, MI

#14 Nov 27, 2012
Joe Schmoe wrote:
It is getting cold, the rats are all going back in the sewers where it is warm and now that the city is done flushing them
They are migrating to blighted homes
Junior Walker

Pontiac, MI

#15 Nov 27, 2012
Enough wrote:
Just a word of caution to pet owners. Be careful when walking your dog. I just took mine to the vets. The dog had severe diarrhea for a few days. The vet told me the Shores has a problem with rats....no kidding! The rats are urinating all over the place and when you walk your dog, of course, they love to sniff. I am lucky that my dog is recovering. Another pet owner I know was not so fortunate.
If you really care about your dog then get a short leash that keeps them within a step or two of you or at your side. I see many people walking these days with those long retractable leashes that let the pet get way in front or behind the owner. Ample time for the pet to start sniffing/licking something they shouldn't. With those long leashes it may be too late by the time the owner catches up with pet or realizes the pet has stopped far behind. Keeping the pet on a short leash may help save their life.
The Knowledge and No How

Utica, MI

#16 Nov 27, 2012
Enough wrote:
What is this city thinking hiring a landscaping company to get rid of rats! We need professional exterminators to rid the city of this problem. Maybe we need to get the rats out of city hall and than maybe this city will be able to move forward and become the city it once was!!
Talk is cheap dickhead lets hear your version of your professional views. Don't let your mouth overload your a$$. We've waiting know it all. Ha, Ha, Ha,
Not Joe Backus

Harper Woods, MI

#17 Nov 27, 2012
Junior Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really care about your dog then get a short leash that keeps them within a step or two of you or at your side. I see many people walking these days with those long retractable leashes that let the pet get way in front or behind the owner. Ample time for the pet to start sniffing/licking something they shouldn't. With those long leashes it may be too late by the time the owner catches up with pet or realizes the pet has stopped far behind. Keeping the pet on a short leash may help save their life.
what about the parents that use that same type of leash with thier kids?
Enough

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#18 Nov 27, 2012
The Knowledge and No How wrote:
<quoted text>Talk is cheap dickhead lets hear your version of your professional views. Don't let your mouth overload your a$$. We've waiting know it all. Ha, Ha, Ha,
Dickhead....really..LMAO!!! We've waiting.....LOL.
workin man

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#19 Nov 27, 2012
scs has money to help. let so go ....
EYE

Roseville, MI

#20 Nov 27, 2012
Enough wrote:
To bait for rats the company must be licensed by the state to do just that. As for city hall we got rid of rats at our last election and replaced them with other ones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grosse Pointe Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Goodbye Kroger 1 hr Good 9
Uber Fri take the bus 2
snorted too much white lightning (Oct '13) Thu Tigers equals Done 119
Bush says no civil war in Iraq (Sep '06) Wed Swedenforever 26
At Detroit's border, a barrier separates the ha... Oct 22 Warez 3
WAlly's Frozen Custard Oct 22 blonde sprinkles ... 5
Matt Kovalcik is now running for Trustee in Cot... Oct 21 Shoregirl 14

Grosse Pointe Park Jobs

Grosse Pointe Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE