Choir teacher sentenced

Choir teacher sentenced

There are 3 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Jul 20, 2007, titled Choir teacher sentenced. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

“All I want to do is return to my students and what I love to do.”

Ellen Bowen won't go to jail but faces a state hearing on her teaching certificate. via Detroit Free Press

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Jul 24, 2007
I don't see how this teacher's behavior can be tolerated. It's obvious she has anger management issues. If the students in her class displayed such behavior, they would be expelled.
I think her license to teach should be revolved until she can get a handle on her anger.
suzanne wilson

Warren, MI

#2 Jul 25, 2007
If your kids go to GPS and have even a minor infraction they are punished, maybe GPSS should have the same standards for their teachers as they do their students.Ellen, you blew it, this time-big time.

Detroit, MI

#3 Jul 25, 2007
Ellen should be punished - big time. I had her as a teacher many years ago. I wasnt in the choir but I was in her music appreceation class. She didnt care much for us since we were not her adoring choir groupies. All we did was watch movies while she left the classroom to do "choir stuff".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grosse Pointe Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SCS Massage Parlor (Oct '12) Mar 18 Spare a dime 15
Suzie Q restarant (Aug '11) Mar 17 DWood 18
Rubello is An SCS Treasure (Dec '15) Mar 16 Mamma mia 122
News Center Line targets redevelopment at 10 Mile an... Mar 12 gardengal 1
News Religious diversity project links students, Sikhs Mar 7 Lol 2
9& Harper restaurant (Jun '16) Mar 4 Sticky Fingers 26
Poll Rate Kip Walby as Mayor? (Dec '11) Mar 1 Bet the House 84

Grosse Pointe Park Jobs

Personal Finance

Grosse Pointe Park Mortgages