St. Clair Shores needs to grow up!

St. Clair Shores needs to grow up!

Posted in the Grosse Pointe Park Forum

Word to the wise

Saint Clair, MI

#1 Nov 4, 2012
I am sitting here reading the posts in the St. Clair Shores forum and I see a community who is petty, vindictive and needs to all grow the hell up and it starts at the government level! You have elected officials letting people slide on codes because they are friends with them, you are all beating the war drum to recall an elected official for exposing a fellow elected official and calling her out on her nonsense and calling out a SLUM LORD on code violations. Seriously people... do you all have NOTHING BETTER TO DO? In a world where the jobless rate is at an all time high, people are living moment to moment and all the other suffering in the world, this is what the St. Clair Shores community cares about? How close a fireplace is to panel? How a council member just happened to view a property for sale and take some pictures? How and why the City Manager resigned? SERIOUSLY? Let's talk about the back and forth bickering amongst elected officials on Facebook? So, this is how the good people of St. Clair Shores devote their time? Sticking it to each other over meaningless crap which in ten years will be irrelevant! Why not devote some time and energy to helping your fellow Shorians? How about taking the energy and venom you spew for organizing to help kids who wont have much of a Christmas this year? How about taking time to collect badly needed items for the victims of Hurricane Sandy? How about organizing workshops to help current and future property owners get up to speed on the current codes so, they can properly fix the problems. I see nothing but trash talking, finger pointing and drama which to be honest is making the entire city of St. Clair shores look like you all are still back in Junior High!
nice try

Grosse Pointe, MI

#2 Nov 5, 2012
I can't believe I live in a city where people defend an elected official who violates people's property rights, who oversteps the role of a councilmember, who uses council meetings to slander fellow councilmembers with lies, and who uses council meetings to attack private citizens out of revenge.

No letting anyone "slide on codes." Reading comprehension: They're still taking her to court. Besides, Vitale didn't even know a fence permit was required for his own fence. Rusie and Rubino want to make sure proper procedures are followed. Vitale lied to get access to people's house, then wants to overrule based upon his "expertise" (LOL) many city inspections. What an idiot. He wants to spend his time doing this crap, I question why we pay CDI so much to do their job.

He didn't "just happen to view a property for sale." He was there to bust the property, and he found a "city friendly" realtor to go along with it. Think about how frightening that is.

On Facebook, it was stated that no current violations even issued for the house except for a broken window that was later fixed. So about "getting up to speed on the current codes," why don't we even tell this woman what is wrong with her property first instead of just dragging her to court? Because Vitale doesn't want to.

Keep standing up for him. The recall will feel good.
Joe Schmoe

Fraser, MI

#3 Nov 5, 2012
Word to the wise wrote:
I am sitting here reading the posts in the St. Clair Shores forum and I see a community who is petty, vindictive and needs to all grow the hell up and it starts at the government level! You have elected officials letting people slide on codes because they are friends with them, you are all beating the war drum to recall an elected official for exposing a fellow elected official and calling her out on her nonsense and calling out a SLUM LORD on code violations. Seriously people... do you all have NOTHING BETTER TO DO? In a world where the jobless rate is at an all time high, people are living moment to moment and all the other suffering in the world, this is what the St. Clair Shores community cares about? How close a fireplace is to panel? How a council member just happened to view a property for sale and take some pictures? How and why the City Manager resigned? SERIOUSLY? Let's talk about the back and forth bickering amongst elected officials on Facebook? So, this is how the good people of St. Clair Shores devote their time? Sticking it to each other over meaningless crap which in ten years will be irrelevant! Why not devote some time and energy to helping your fellow Shorians? How about taking the energy and venom you spew for organizing to help kids who wont have much of a Christmas this year? How about taking time to collect badly needed items for the victims of Hurricane Sandy? How about organizing workshops to help current and future property owners get up to speed on the current codes so, they can properly fix the problems. I see nothing but trash talking, finger pointing and drama which to be honest is making the entire city of St. Clair shores look like you all are still back in Junior High!
Quit whining chrissy and do the honorable thing and resign. Entering a property under false pretenses acting as a government official is the height of unethical behavior. You are unqualified to make code assessments to boot.

Free hint to the clueless......property owners are NOT required to bring their properties up to all current codes.

Resign or be recalled.
Get a Life

Saint Clair, MI

#4 Nov 5, 2012
Sounds like someone got their ass chapped over being busted for being a slum lord! I did think about what is frightening... A bunch of torch wielding villagers who have way too much time on their hands! Why don't you devote time and energy to REAL issues!
Joe Schmoe

Fraser, MI

#5 Nov 5, 2012
Get a Life wrote:
Sounds like someone got their ass chapped over being busted for being a slum lord! I did think about what is frightening... A bunch of torch wielding villagers who have way too much time on their hands! Why don't you devote time and energy to REAL issues!
The only person getting chapped anywhere is chrissy and his unethical behavior.

Property rights is a real issue.

Time for a recall
Have faith

Ithaca, MI

#6 Nov 5, 2012
Get a Life wrote:
Dont worry, not all scs residents are like this, only about a dozen that hang out on this board that are led by mastermind joe. This is just an outlet to make them feel important
recall

United States

#7 Nov 5, 2012
More time Monday nights for his cars and house showings. It's a win-win!
Joe Schmoe

Fraser, MI

#8 Nov 5, 2012
Have faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont worry, not all scs residents are like this, only about a dozen that hang out on this board that are led by mastermind joe. This is just an outlet to make them feel important
The few in number are those that support unethical behavior by elected officials.
Run Again

Madison Heights, MI

#9 Nov 5, 2012
Joe Schmoe wrote:
<quoted text>
The few in number are those that support unethical behavior by elected officials.
Who you trying to play Jack? You want him out to increase your odds so you can run twice next year.
reality check

United States

#10 Nov 5, 2012
They probably don't even live in the city anyway.
Joe Schmoe

Fraser, MI

#11 Nov 5, 2012
Run Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Who you trying to play Jack? You want him out to increase your odds so you can run twice next year.
Sorry chrissy.......not Jack......I have no desire to be forced to sit next to your butt buddy ronnie every other monday
Wiser

Grosse Pointe, MI

#12 Nov 5, 2012
Word to the wise wrote:
How about taking the energy and venom you spew for organizing to help kids who wont have much of a Christmas this year?
Here is a nice thought. This is why I bought tickets to the COPS FOR KIDS charity hockey game on Saturday. All proceeds to help needy kids have themselves a nice Christmas. I saw Rusie and Rubino there, too, to support the charity.

Where was Vitale??? I guess he doesn't care about these kids. I hope you call him up and give him an earful.
Joe Schmoe

Fraser, MI

#13 Nov 5, 2012
Wiser wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a nice thought. This is why I bought tickets to the COPS FOR KIDS charity hockey game on Saturday. All proceeds to help needy kids have themselves a nice Christmas. I saw Rusie and Rubino there, too, to support the charity.
Where was Vitale??? I guess he doesn't care about these kids. I hope you call him up and give him an earful.
Rumor has it he was using a "city friendly realtor" to view other homes in the city under false pretenses.
Rental King

Grosse Pointe, MI

#14 Nov 8, 2012
I own rentals in the shores and several other cities. When I hear about a councilperson gettting recalled for entering a home to take pictures of a rental I get upset. If I get upset, I go looking for the person who will recall this prick and fill his coffers with cash. It's plain for me to see it's time for this prick to go so he better have deep pockets if he plans to stick around.
Joe Schmoe

Fraser, MI

#15 Nov 8, 2012
Rental King wrote:
I own rentals in the shores and several other cities. When I hear about a councilperson gettting recalled for entering a home to take pictures of a rental I get upset. If I get upset, I go looking for the person who will recall this prick and fill his coffers with cash. It's plain for me to see it's time for this prick to go so he better have deep pockets if he plans to stick around.
Yeah, but maybe chrissy has Geico
native shorian

Elkton, KY

#16 Nov 29, 2012
saint clair shores doesn't need to grow up its the people that need too. Saint clair shores has always been a good place to live, when u get people to steal and rob and what not who needs to grow up hmmm thats a hard one to pick. Basically its the citizens that needs to grow up. I grew up in SCS for 29 years and in my childhood years i seen many many great things, until the citizens want to do is to destroy saint clair shores. so whom ever put this up should have there head checked
Sexy Shorian

Saint Clair, MI

#17 Nov 29, 2012
Native Shorian,perhaps if you had a concrete grasp of proper english and grammar, your innane attempt at defending the honor of your brethern in the 48081 would carry more weight! Toodles! xoxox
native shorian

Elkton, KY

#18 Dec 4, 2012
well sexy shorian i bet u didn't even go to any saint clair shores school did u fag. whats wrong with 48080-48082. I am just sick Completely sick on how people can say its saint clair shores thats need to grow up when its should be the residents or the city citizens and are councils members on the board. My Family has been there since the mid-late 40s and even my father said that saint clair shores was a great place to live in until these residents from other citys came in and acted like they new it all so againg its the citizens and the residents Sexy shorian u have a appointment on next tuesday at doctors at 3 for a cat scan and then u have a appointment at the nuthouse the next day, and u said carry more wait i bet u way about 3-400 lbs don't ya
native shorian

Elkton, KY

#19 Dec 4, 2012
ooh sexy shorian saint clair shores was the best place it even had a amusement park in the hay-days and dumbass like u wanted to ruined it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grosse Pointe Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
school of choice made south lake look like a gh... (Oct '07) 9 hr EMPRESS K 465
Uncle Ron's Ice Cream wagons (Jun '09) Aug 23 Kkl 15
9& Harper restaurant Aug 23 Out go the lights 24
Jim Goodfellows Aug 20 Jim Beam me up 33
Churches SHOULD BE PAYING TAXES Aug 11 Gloria 1
50 Top Republicans say that Donald Trump is not... Aug 11 Henry 1
Obama, please help me! I CANNOT AFFORD MY MORT... (Feb '12) Aug 11 Keith 6

Grosse Pointe Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance