Does anyone remember?
kelly

Royal Oak, MI

#1 Jun 2, 2009
Does anyone remember what was on the corner of 12 mile and harper before g willies was there. It was some kind of bar but I just cant remember the name. Can anyone help. thank you.
History Major

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#2 Jun 2, 2009
There was a drug store and sveden house
southside

Royal Oak, MI

#3 Jun 2, 2009
DeSoppo's or something like that
Towney

Dearborn Heights, MI

#4 Jun 2, 2009
kelly wrote:
Does anyone remember what was on the corner of 12 mile and harper before g willies was there. It was some kind of bar but I just cant remember the name. Can anyone help. thank you.
De Soppers Bar
fbi29

AOL

#5 Jun 2, 2009
no, no it was Timmons too
Carmen Harlen is a Cougar

Sunnyvale, CA

#6 Jun 2, 2009
History Major wrote:
Wrong! That was the NE corner of 13 and Harper.

Ate many a stuffed cabbage there.
Dorothy

Beijing, China

#7 Jun 3, 2009
DeSoppers was the old G-Willikers and it shared a wall and pass-thru window with a Nuggett restaurant. DeSoppers didn't cook food but you could get Nugget fare from teh bar. When Timmon's bought out Nugget they colsed the window up. Then Walgreens bought out the whole mess.
History Major

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#8 Jun 3, 2009
Carmen Harlen is a Cougar wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong! That was the NE corner of 13 and Harper.
Ate many a stuffed cabbage there.
Misread. Thinking of current location. You are correct. Except about Carmen. YUUUUUUUUUUUUUck!
kelly

Royal Oak, MI

#9 Jun 3, 2009
Dorothy wrote:
DeSoppers was the old G-Willikers and it shared a wall and pass-thru window with a Nuggett restaurant. DeSoppers didn't cook food but you could get Nugget fare from teh bar. When Timmon's bought out Nugget they colsed the window up. Then Walgreens bought out the whole mess.
Thanks alot Dorothy! That was driving mom and I nuts!!
Dorothy

Beijing, China

#11 Jun 4, 2009
You Betcha!
Mary

Battle Creek, MI

#12 Aug 10, 2011
Dorothy wrote:
Yes you are right and from the Nugget you could go through a back door that took you directly into Desoppers. My dad used to own the Nugget when I was little and I would go through to Desoppers.
tom tom

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#13 Aug 11, 2011
GUS DESOPPER owned that bar . poor gus had a masive heart attact at his childs wedding on the dance floor. he lived right in back of the bar first house on 12 mile
sheryl cavanaugh

Denver, CO

#14 Aug 12, 2013
I grew up on corner of Lincoln (12 1/2 mile) & Jefferson. There was an old corner store..".Toccos" it faced Jefferson torn down late 60s, early 70s. I had been told that it was the 'original' DeSoppers before they moved to the 12 & Harper location...anyone else ever hear that?
Rob

Westland, MI

#15 Apr 19, 2017
kelly wrote:
It was Desopper's Bar, and there was a Clock Restaurant attached next door.
Rob

Westland, MI

#16 Apr 19, 2017
History Major wrote:
This was at Harper and 13 Mile. It was Sveden House and next door was Lakeshore Drugs. Before it became Sveden House it was a Kroger grocery store.
Rob

Westland, MI

#17 Apr 19, 2017
fbi29 wrote:
no, no it was Timmons too
Timmons was next door to Desopper's. Timmons was a Clock Restaurant before then.
Dorothy

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#18 Apr 29, 2017
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>

Timmons was next door to Desopper's. Timmons was a Clock Restaurant before then.
Not a Clock, First it was a Nugget, owned my the same guy Tony who owned the Nugget on Radnor and Mack just South of 7 mile (I worked at both). Then it became Timmons around the time Bob Smith from Lakeview bought out Desoppers and turned it into GeeWillikers. Then name change to Gee WiIllies and move to Northeast corner of 13 & Harper and Walgreens bought it all.
Crospierski

United States

#19 Aug 29, 2018
12 and Harper was dessoppers bar
Anonymous

United States

#20 Aug 29, 2018
History Major wrote:
That was the corner OS 13 and jarper
Hillary 2020

Ferndale, MI

#21 Aug 30, 2018
whatever was there would have been east side white trash like the rest of warren.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grosse Pointe Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dave Rubello is God Fri Granite Gift 16
News Police: 2 in custody relating to Thompson murder Oct 18 lol 1
Another empty building at 9 mile & Harper Oct 5 Closed for the se... 2
The NexMayor Sep '18 Landslide 20
Under New Management Sep '18 Chapoton 2
Paper delivery issues (Feb '18) Feb '18 NoPaper4U 1
News 48 Hours: Best things to do in Metro Detroit (Jun '17) Jun '17 you hate the truth 3

Grosse Pointe Park Jobs

Personal Finance

Grosse Pointe Park Mortgages