First Prev
of 2
Next Last
So sad

Grosse Pointe, MI

#1 Jul 5, 2011
Heard they are closing after so many years in St. Clair Shores...
I drove by and a sign said "Everything 25% off except Wine"
I hope it's not true.. Vito has done so much for this community.
Ninos

Royal Oak, MI

#2 Jul 6, 2011
This is sad. Now Nino's over-priced store will be the only fruit market left in SCS. That is very sad news for all of us.
PT Barnum

Arvada, CO

#3 Jul 6, 2011
Its called competition.
Guido

Clinton Township, MI

#4 Jul 6, 2011
Heard the butcher say he'll have a lot more time at home so sounds like they are done. Too bad. Wonder why the secrecy?
boat man

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#5 Jul 6, 2011
Maybe IRS problems just jike the other market that closed . in front of Nino's
Moving On

Ferndale, MI

#6 Jul 7, 2011
Sad to say but I'll be going to Randazos in Roseville instead of Ninos. Randazos is much cheaper, unfortunately it's not in SCS.
SCS

Rochester, MI

#7 Jul 7, 2011
Moving On wrote:
Sad to say but I'll be going to Randazos in Roseville instead of Ninos. Randazos is much cheaper, unfortunately it's not in SCS.
... and it's a dump.
So sad

Grosse Pointe, MI

#8 Jul 11, 2011
I was at Nino's and it's funny how they raised there prices now that theres no competition!
Dean B

Rochester, MI

#9 Jul 11, 2011
I asked at Nino's and all the person I talked to knew was that they called their employees last week and told them not to come to work.

Pretty bad way to treat people who have worked for you for many years.

For a company that supposedly grossed 2.5 to 5.0 million a year and they always seemed to be busy, I wonder what happened?
Busy Bee

Harper Woods, MI

#10 Jul 11, 2011
Dean B wrote:
I asked at Nino's and all the person I talked to knew was that they called their employees last week and told them not to come to work.
Pretty bad way to treat people who have worked for you for many years.
For a company that supposedly grossed 2.5 to 5.0 million a year and
they always seemed to be busy, I wonder what happened?
Where do you get your figures from? 2.5 to 5.0 million.
Bradley

Portage, MI

#11 Jul 11, 2011
Yeah it is sad to see a local business go but they did suck compared to the competition. I am pro Nino's and will pay the extra 20 cents a pound to get top of the line that doesn't mold in 24 hours. I was pro Gigilo's too. In both cases I hope someone buys the buildings and takes over.
sorrybobby

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 12, 2011
Ninos wrote:
This is sad. Now Nino's over-priced store will be the only fruit market left in SCS. That is very sad news for all of us.
Yup, all of the Nino's employees knew that Manzellas, Giglios, and Pete and Frank's were closing MONTTTHHHS ago. Now all you have is Randazzo's and Vince and Joe's in the area. Kind of.
sorrybobby

Columbus, OH

#13 Jul 12, 2011
Bradley wrote:
Yeah it is sad to see a local business go but they did suck compared to the competition. I am pro Nino's and will pay the extra 20 cents a pound to get top of the line that doesn't mold in 24 hours. I was pro Gigilo's too. In both cases I hope someone buys the buildings and takes over.
You're an idiot. Nino's shaves the cheese in the back AFTER its been on the wall all modly PROBABLY more than once. Yup. They take it in the back and shave the mold off, re-wrap it, and re-date it. YUM.
sorrybobby

Columbus, OH

#14 Jul 12, 2011
Moving On wrote:
Sad to say but I'll be going to Randazos in Roseville instead of Ninos. Randazos is much cheaper, unfortunately it's not in SCS.
It's only cheap because the grade of produce is third level. Nino's is 1st and 2nd level produce. It lasts LONGER.
tax money

Grosse Pointe, MI

#15 Jul 17, 2011
Manzellas owes the city $38,000 in taxes and Giglio owes $6,000.. Lets just say SCS doesn't collect the money because both places closed.. Were is this money going to show up to pay the "City services"?$44,000 is 1/2 a Policeman's salary!
Taxed

United States

#16 Jul 18, 2011
tax money wrote:
Manzellas owes the city $38,000 in taxes and Giglio owes $6,000.. Lets just say SCS doesn't collect the money because both places closed.. Were is this money going to show up to pay the "City services"?$44,000 is 1/2 a Policeman's salary!
The city will get their tax money. It's no different then if you don't pay your taxes on your home. A lein gets put on the property and you can't sell it until the lein is paid (usually at the closing). If you don't sell the property then Macomb county will start a tax foreclosure process. The owner will get several chances to pay the taxes however if they don't, the property will get sold at auction by the county. I believe the tax foreclosure process "begins" after taxes are two years late and takes about a year to get to the auction of the property.
Clean swipe

Hazel Park, MI

#17 Aug 2, 2011
I will miss that place.
Classic SCS

Plymouth, MI

#18 Aug 3, 2011
Has anyone noticed that the city cable channel is showing councilmember Rubino doing three local business spots, one of which is Manzella's? The segment promotes shopping in the Shores and has been running for a number of weeks now. Obviously Manzella's knew that they were planning to close when the video was produced. Continuing to run the segment sure makes the SCS Communications Department look foolish. You'd have thought that with todays technology editing the segment and replacing the Manzella's portion with a previously run segment on another business would be a snap. Perhaps next month they'll do a segment that promotes bowling at Shorecrest Lanes.
Go Home Vitale

Grosse Pointe, MI

#19 Aug 3, 2011
I found it very interesting that Rubino was only promoting italian businesses. Questionable to say the least.
salvatore p

Clinton Township, MI

#20 Sep 11, 2011
sad to see manzella,s go went to shop at nino,s walked into the store and took one look at the prices and walked out wish manzella,s was in biz still but i shop now wear my family shops at antonio,s at ryan and 17 mile road i work out that way so i stop there when i get off work

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grosse Pointe Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
school of choice made south lake look like a gh... (Oct '07) 11 hr EMPRESS K 465
Uncle Ron's Ice Cream wagons (Jun '09) Aug 23 Kkl 15
9& Harper restaurant Aug 23 Out go the lights 24
Jim Goodfellows Aug 20 Jim Beam me up 33
Churches SHOULD BE PAYING TAXES Aug 11 Gloria 1
50 Top Republicans say that Donald Trump is not... Aug 11 Henry 1
Obama, please help me! I CANNOT AFFORD MY MORT... (Feb '12) Aug 11 Keith 6

Grosse Pointe Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grosse Pointe Park Mortgages