More St. Clair Shores businesses to a...

More St. Clair Shores businesses to accept customer loyalty card

There are 17 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 27, 2008, titled More St. Clair Shores businesses to accept customer loyalty card. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

St. Clair Shores is going the way of credit card companies and retail outlets by offering cash-back bonuses and shopping discounts to customers loyal to certain businesses within city limits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

No More

United States

#1 Aug 27, 2008
I like the premise, I would have like to see the City as more of a sponsor than a builder of the program though.

Since: Aug 08

East Lansing, MI

#2 Aug 28, 2008
Shop the Shores! Great idea!
Political Exile

United States

#3 Aug 29, 2008
It's your tax dollars that are the "Sponsor" of this boondoggle! While you're struggling to pay your propoerty taxes, and the city is crying about how hard it is to make the budget, you're paying for this.

Location hidden

#4 Aug 30, 2008
Political Exile wrote:
It's your tax dollars that are the "Sponsor" of this boondoggle! While you're struggling to pay your propoerty taxes, and the city is crying about how hard it is to make the budget, you're paying for this.
Jack where is the proof? I know this is more poop coming from you again. The city has no connection to giving away anything in this promotion.

Caught again.
Jack Downey

United States

#5 Aug 30, 2008
WAS WHO KNOW THINKING 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack where is the proof? I know this is more poop coming from you again. The city has no connection to giving away anything in this promotion.
Caught again.
I'm very sorry Dennis Oyster if you think that this was my quote, go to bed 6::00/P.M. comes around pretty quick when you have to retreat to your ward at the happy farm. See you next week.

Location hidden

#6 Aug 31, 2008
Jack Downey wrote:
<quoted text>I'm very sorry Dennis Oyster if you think that this was my quote, go to bed 6::00/P.M. comes around pretty quick when you have to retreat to your ward at the happy farm. See you next week.
The duck thing all over it. NOT your quote ROFLMAO.
Dennis Rectum

United States

#7 Aug 31, 2008
Free laminating at astoria the first six visits is on them according to the main man. He owe's so many this is his way of giving a little back.
Kathy Scruggs

Riverview, MI

#8 Sep 1, 2008
Actually Political Exhile is correct. The Harper Avenue Corridor Improvement Authority is 'raking' off every cent of tax increase in the area (as of the date the CIA was okay'ed by Council), so they are using our tax dollars to help fund the programs in that area.
You can read about the economic consequenes of this Corridor Improvement Authority at http://SCSVoice.home.att.net

Location hidden

#9 Sep 1, 2008
Kathy Scruggs wrote:
Actually Political Exhile is correct. The Harper Avenue Corridor Improvement Authority is 'raking' off every cent of tax increase in the area (as of the date the CIA was okay'ed by Council), so they are using our tax dollars to help fund the programs in that area.
You can read about the economic consequenes of this Corridor Improvement Authority at http://SCSVoice.home.att.net
Brilliant one there can be "NO" money spent out of that fund without CC approval. They have not given any approval.

MDN

“God Forgives You! G.F.Y.”

Since: Feb 08

St.Clair Shores Since 1957

#10 Sep 1, 2008
<quoted text>
Brilliant one there can be "NO" money spent out of that fund without CC approval. They have not given any approval.
They have been talking about it for a long time now ! Are you that stupid , to think it's not going to pass !

Hmmmmmmm let me think ! the vote will be a 5 yes 2 no lets see !

Location hidden

#11 Sep 1, 2008
MDN wrote:
<quoted text>They have been talking about it for a long time now ! Are you that stupid , to think it's not going to pass !
Hmmmmmmm let me think ! the vote will be a 5 yes 2 no lets see !
More lies being spread.

Another brilliant one. The program is here and it is by the merchants to give the paybacks. NO tax money is being spent.

Kathy Scruggs

Maryland Heights, MO

#12 Sep 2, 2008
<quoted text>
City is very active in promoting this. See last week or the week before's "News" paper...the Sentinel.

MDN

#13 Sep 2, 2008
Kathy Scruggs wrote:
<quoted text>
City is very active in promoting this. See last week or the week before's "News" paper...the Sentinel.
Dear Kathy,

Please don't be concerned with Matt's(WWKT) posts .Some people need lots of attention , and he is trying to make every ones post look like nonsense , especially when it goes against what this city is trying to do with our tax dollars.

He will justify anything, just to confuse the every day reader. My question to all of you is , what's in it for him ? Why would anybody try to stand up for no-bid contracts , or promises that failed to exist , an ex-fire chief with a lot less experience than our ex-city manager , especially during hard times , bad economy , foreclosures at a record high etc.

I would say let him post all he wants , with no replies , and he will have no choice but to move on !

Location hidden

#14 Sep 2, 2008
MDN wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Kathy,
Please don't be concerned with Matt's(WWKT) posts .Some people need lots of attention , and he is trying to make every ones post look like nonsense , especially when it goes against what this city is trying to do with our tax dollars.
He will justify anything, just to confuse the every day reader. My question to all of you is , what's in it for him ? Why would anybody try to stand up for no-bid contracts , or promises that failed to exist , an ex-fire chief with a lot less experience than our ex-city manager , especially during hard times , bad economy , foreclosures at a record high etc.
I would say let him post all he wants , with no replies , and he will have no choice but to move on !
Your still guessing and still are wrong.

“Today”

Since: Aug 07

St. Clair Shores, MI

#15 Sep 2, 2008
<quoted text>
Your still guessing and still are wrong.
You are absolutely right. He is a troll who has adding nothing but lies and bs to this sight. Ignore the troll.

“Today”

Since: Aug 07

St. Clair Shores, MI

#16 Sep 2, 2008
OOps that was a response to mdn. Not the troll.

MDN

#17 Sep 2, 2008
ShoresBlogger wrote:
OOps that was a response to mdn. Not the troll.
I'm fine , is a matter in fact , I thought you saw me on the lake yesterday , because I was trolling for walleye

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grosse Pointe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
noise ordinance/boomboxes (Sep '08) 2 hr Boom 78
9& Harper restaurant 9 hr Give me shelter 15
Matt Kovalcik is now running for Trustee in Cot... (Oct '14) Jul 16 Birds Of A feather 17
Has anyone seen my son Sloan Taylor (Oct '12) Jul 11 ccaughey 4
News Judge pleads guilty (Jul '08) Jul 8 In heKnow 22
Violet street murder ? Jun 29 Cover 1
News Democrats see danger signs in states where Clin... Jun 25 USA Today 1

Grosse Pointe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grosse Pointe Mortgages