Horton Rexford 'Nick' Andrews

Full story: Sparks Today
Horton Rexford "Nick" Andrews was born March 26, 1919 and passed away on May 5, 2007 at Evergreen Carson City Health and Rehabilitation Center in Carson City, NV after a brief illness. Full Story
Son

Hayward, CA

#1 Sep 1, 2007
My Dad was an ass. Left me once when I was 2-years old and dismissed me again 40-years later. May you rest in non-peace. Nick the Dick
Bob Andrews

Mentor, OH

#2 Feb 14, 2008
Horton Rexford (Nick) Andrews was born March 26, 1919 and passed away on May 5, 2007 at Evergreen Ormsby Carson City Health and Rehabilitation Center, in Carson City, NV after a brief illness.

Nick served with distinction, with the rank of Master Sergeant, in the US Army during WWII, stationed in North Africa. Subsequently, he served as a Second Lieutenant with the California National Guard, where he participated in the atomic bomb detonations testing during Operation Upshot-Knothole, Camp Desert Rock, the Mojave Desert, NV in the mid-1950ís. During these tests he and his guardsmen were stationed in the trenches very close to ground zero.

Nick was an avid pilot since the 1940ís and active with Civil Air Patrol units in California, Florida and Nevada for many years. He was an Amateur Radio Operator (HAM) for most of his long life; W6QCB later changed to W7QCB when he moved to Yerington, NV.

Nick was a Mason, as was his Grandfather Ferris before him. He was a member of and served as Master of Menlo Park Lodge, no 651 (now Three Great Lodge no. 651) in Menlo Park, CA in the 1970's. Most recently, he was a member of Friendship Lodge no. 53 in Fellowship FL, Hope Lodge 22 in Yerington, NV and a member and the Tyler of Brucite Lodge 42 in Gabbs, NV as well as a member of the Scottish Rite, and a Shriners.

His loving wife of many years, Marge, preceded him in death in October 2002. He is survived by three sons, Bob (Grosse Ile, MI), Ralph (Redding, CA) and Mark (Newcastle, CA), fifteen grandchildren, seventeen great-grandchildren and one great-great-granddaughter. He and Marge are also survived by their very close friend, "adopted" daughter, and confidant of many years, Jackie Metzler of Springfield, PA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grosse Ile Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ahmad Altimimi (Mar '06) 1 hr Hassan Amen 131
Few residents want to discuss Gibraltar's role ... (Oct '07) Dec 19 daniel szabo 9
Semi Driver Arrested For Drunk Driving Dec 15 kev 1
roosevelt high.southgate Nov 29 kev 1
Former officer and Brighton man gets probation ... Nov '14 Kevin 1
04 Sebring 2.7 V6 won't start cold/in morning w... Nov '14 akennedy70 1
Looking for a male Beagle to breed w/ my Beagle (Aug '12) Nov '14 vanessango11 12
Grosse Ile Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grosse Ile People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grosse Ile News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grosse Ile

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:14 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:14PM