Macon County pastor found dead in TN ...

Macon County pastor found dead in TN _WFSC-AM

Posted in the Grimesland Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
one who knows

Otto, NC

#1 Apr 6, 2013
Macon County pastor found dead in TN
April 5, 2013
By Keith Giles
We have confirmed reports that a well-known Macon County Pastor was found deceased Thursday night.

Capt. Dennis Adams with the Pigeon Forge, TN Police Department has confirmed that Pastor Eddie Trull of the Holly Springs Baptist Church was found dead at a Pigeon Forge lodging facility Thursday. Police received the call at 9:34 p.m. No foul play is suspected. The cause of death appears to be self-inflicted, Captain Adams said on Friday. http://1050wfsc.com/macon-county-pastor-found...

What was going on at that church to cause the pastor to go out and kill himself?
Myrtle Crunkleton

Hayesville, NC

#2 Apr 6, 2013
So sad.
Barbara Jane

United States

#3 Apr 7, 2013
Was there anyone that made his life so awful it was not worth living?
local

United States

#4 Apr 7, 2013
So very sad. My prayers are with this family.
blockbuster

Andrews, NC

#5 Apr 7, 2013
Years ago, a pastor didn't stay at that church for long (with the exception of Cecil Frady,who didn't take b.s. off anybody)In the good ole days,the 2 yrs. for a preacher there was a long stay because they were treated so badly.
Myrtle Crunkleton

Hayesville, NC

#7 Apr 7, 2013
They are said to run the county. All the big shots in the county go there to that church.
Myrtle Crunkleton

Hayesville, NC

#8 Apr 7, 2013
the ones at that church that are saying they were his friend and are greeving and have heavy hearts, are not greiving.... they are just lying.
Texas rose

Hinesville, GA

#9 Apr 7, 2013
He was my friend and a precious servant of His lord and savior. He is now in heaven's choir with another dear friend of mine. What is sad is that he has been there for so many of us, nut just members of his Church, and he felt so completely alone, no one was there for him!
Cheryl

Greenville, SC

#10 Apr 7, 2013
This is just so sad. He must have felt there was no other way. Will send up good thoughts for Pastor Ed and his family.
Troy Southards

Hayesville, NC

#11 Apr 8, 2013
Nobody knows why people do that.
Part of the family of God

Franklin, NC

#12 Apr 8, 2013
My prayers are with the Trull family and the Holly Springs church family everytime I have visited this church it has been a blessing. It is not a time of judgment, it is a time of prayer for God's peace,comfort and healing for a hurting family and congregation. May God Bless Holly Springs Baptist Church.
Myrtle Crunkleton

Hayesville, NC

#13 Apr 8, 2013
Part of the family of God wrote:
My prayers are with the Trull family and the Holly Springs church family everytime I have visited this church it has been a blessing. It is not a time of judgment, it is a time of prayer for God's peace,comfort and healing for a hurting family and congregation. May God Bless Holly Springs Baptist Church.
Dont you try to tell me not to judge anything, you hypocrite. Get your head out of the sand. That church is in la la land, nothing Christian about rock concert big TVs and selling CDs. Its been that way for a long time and getting worse. Just a breeding ground for politics and not for real Jesus people.
Cheryl

United States

#14 Apr 8, 2013
Don't you think compassion is in line. for such a situation....I do.
Angela-lr ar

El Dorado, AR

#15 Apr 8, 2013
I went to holly springs while I lived in Franklin and found all the people warm and friendly. I hate to see those who use a forum like this to say negative things at a time when everyone should lift them up in prayer. Suicide can't be blamed on one thing...it is the "perfect storm" of circumstances and the voice of satan that takes someone to this dark last moment. If there were more prayers and less negativity this world would be a petted place!!! PEACE!
Myrtle Crunkleton

Hayesville, NC

#16 Apr 8, 2013
Satan caused his death? oh no. get yore head out of the sand. no real facts is a lot more important than your fake stuff. But if you want to believe that mess go right ahead.
Local person

Franklin, NC

#17 Apr 8, 2013
indeed wrote:
I've heard that the deacons told him they were going to get rid of him. If he didn't resign they were going to ruin his life.
That is False. The deacons Never Asked him to leave. In my Opinion it was Caused by a Chemical Imbalance in the brain After he went through a Surgery on his Stomach to help him lose weight.
blockbuster

Andrews, NC

#18 Apr 8, 2013
go to Danelle Trull Edwards facebook page to read Ed Trull's departing letter to Holly Springs Church.
blockbuster

Andrews, NC

#19 Apr 8, 2013
Myrtle Crunkleton wrote:
Satan caused his death? oh no. get yore head out of the sand. no real facts is a lot more important than your fake stuff. But if you want to believe that mess go right ahead.
Go to Danelle Trull Edwards face book page to read Ed's parting thoughts to Holly Springs Church.
Longlegs

Hiawassee, GA

#20 Apr 8, 2013
I have never attended Holly Spring Church but I know a lot of folks that do! They are all friendly and caring people. I can't believer some of the things that come out of peoples mouths. Lets all send a prayer for this Church and the Trull family they need to be lifted up in prayer at this difficult time.
a friend

Waynesville, NC

#21 Apr 8, 2013
I knew Eddie from a long time back. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. This is not a time to judge anyone. It should be up to everyone to be there for the family and not use this as their time to voice their opinion on things they really have no idea of. I can say from experience that I probably never would have found Jesus if it had not been for that very same music. People have many different ways of worshiping the Lord. There is no right or wrong way to do it. It is personal to each person. It is not up to someone else to tell them it is wrong. Some people's narrow mindedness can actually be more poisoning and can do more damage. I hope people like Myrtle Crunkleton know how much damage they do by being ignorant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grimesland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crony Capitalism or Tax Money to Friends 7 hr Observer 1
Bowery and Lazy Hiker, dirty hikers or homeless... Tue Peter Parker 10
Who's going to pay for that Parker Meadows fias... (Feb '14) Tue Peter Parker 20
News Two Middlesex employees held for cyberstalking Tue AIPAC grand dragon 4
Why is Bobby Coggins news media excluded? (Mar '15) Jun 26 Denton the Man 27
Macon County Airport (Sep '13) Jun 26 Denton the Man 15
Bankrupt Real Estate Agents in Macon County (Dec '15) Jun 26 Denton the Man 16

Grimesland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grimesland Mortgages