Zack Sanders

Franklin, NC

#267 Feb 6, 2013
The sheriff won election by a landslide, he must be doing something right. Lot of supporters.
Gordon

Franklin, NC

#268 Feb 7, 2013
How long has that Sheriff been here? He looks really young in newspaper pics. How did he get elected in a place with so many dyed in the wool old people?
Local person

Franklin, NC

#270 Feb 9, 2013
Im a native of Franklin...lived here all my life, And ive driven on some pretty bad roads, But as i was going down Wayah Street heading to our not so Super-Super Walmart..It was like driving over Speed bumps the Whole way! i would think With that being in Town it would have better upkeep?
Just left Franklin

Saginaw, MI

#272 Feb 25, 2013
Franklins turned into nothing but drugs and death for some one who's 22 and knows from personal experience move your hidden out of there before they loose there lives together or Roxie's . I know you all see the arrest reports.
Olaf

Franklin, NC

#273 Mar 26, 2013
Wayah Street is a bad road because no one on the Town Board lives on it.

Franklin has such a bad drug problem because there are no jobs and the town has sold it's soul for tourist dollars.
Penland Building

Franklin, NC

#274 Apr 8, 2013
There's an old guy who lives close to my business that sells drugs, and a female cop is always at his house. Everyone in the office says they're sleeping together. Something's definately fishy about the whole thing.
Goosey Goosey

Franklin, NC

#275 Apr 15, 2013
The good Christian sheriff is keeping Franklin safe from sinfulness.
martel

Jonesboro, GA

#276 Apr 15, 2013
Nice town. People are decent. Good times.
Visitor

Asheville, NC

#277 May 7, 2013
Franklin is a backwoods hostile place, out of touch with civilization. I feel sorry for some for the local yokels having to live in that place with all the overbearing religion and fundamentalist politics, and the cheap retirees who can't afford to live in a better place.
Earl the Pearl

Asheville, NC

#278 May 26, 2013
Visitor wrote:
Franklin is a backwoods hostile place, out of touch with civilization. I feel sorry for some for the local yokels having to live in that place with all the overbearing religion and fundamentalist politics, and the cheap retirees who can't afford to live in a better place.
Franklin really does have some weirdos. Secret militia types. Still think we are fighting the Civil War and they are Confederate soldiers, or living on a plantation. Hate anybody not like themselves. Jackson and Haywood are light years ahead of Macon in their thinking, manners, respectability, good living.
martel

Dacula, GA

#279 May 27, 2013
Good friends in jackson county. Sylva looks like it is doing pretty good in its downtown area: shops, restaurants, bars and historical buildings...plus, theis parking lots are always full...people walking around and having a good time.
Devon

Franklin, NC

#280 Jun 2, 2013
Whiteboy wrote:
From what i seen tonight Franklin has been taken over by illegals and law enforcement is doing nothing about it,,, i was sickened tonight when i went to franklin for the first time in over a year,, and i had to stop by wal-mart and inside and in the parking lot and everywhere was nothing but mexicans and everywhere,,, sounded like turkeys plucking and clucking all over as they were all yapping back in forth in the spanish BS that they only know.... what in the heck are the cops doing over there? are they being paid off to let these illegals stay there? had i been a cop tonight, i could have made 300 arrests at wal-mart alone. make me wanna puke!!
There is a reason you are not a police officer, entrance usually requires a high school diploma.
Gordon M

Robbinsville, NC

#281 Jun 5, 2013
So what do you think is the economic, social and cultural future for Franklin? What will Franklin be like ten years from now?
Road Runner

Franklin, NC

#282 Jun 14, 2013
More of the same. No hope in sight.
Goosey Goosey

Franklin, NC

#283 Jun 14, 2013
hoa wrote:
whats next for franklin?
Nothing. Same old place, same old thing, same old cesspool. Godviner hypocrites and anti-Obama idiots.
Goosey Goosey

Franklin, NC

#284 Jun 14, 2013
LOL! Did ya expect something different?
Road Runner

Franklin, NC

#285 Jun 14, 2013
No. but sooner or later something's gotta pop for the better! We ain't quite a slum yet. Are we?
Becky

Franklin, NC

#286 Dec 5, 2013
I would like to complain the town of Franklin N.C has not had pretty christmas decorations in years and people are complaining can't something be done? merry christmas
Goosey Goosey

Franklin, NC

#287 Dec 5, 2013
Costs money. You gonna donate some dollars?
everybody in east ky

Morehead, KY

#288 Apr 6, 2014
goosey goosey your numb from the neck up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grimesland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nepotism and cronyism are alive and well in Mac... (Jun '13) 11 hr Harold 4
Macon County News Facebook for Drake Enterprises (Mar '14) 14 hr Flea Market Banjo 36
Debate: Marijuana - Greenville, NC (Aug '10) Tue Stephen 10
Macon County airport does not keep records of u... (Jan '12) Mon Ghost Dog 88
What's happening with tourism in Macon County? (Feb '13) Mon Ghost Dog 30
Inbred politics, religion, and DNA have ruined ... (Mar '12) Mon Ghost Dog 33
Angel Medical Center to Pay $85,000 to Settle E... Dec 8 Ghost Dog 2
Grimesland Dating
Find my Match

Grimesland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grimesland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grimesland

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:01 am PST

NBC Sports10:01AM
Panthers' Newton practicing 8 days after crash - NBC Sports
NBC Sports11:21 AM
Who's in worse shape, Redskins or Bears?
NBC Sports11:37 AM
Panthers playing wait-and-see with Cam Newton
Yahoo! Sports12:11 PM
Cam Newton a surprise performer in Panthers practice
Yahoo! Sports12:48 PM
Redskins have been this bad since the 1960s