Who do you support for State Senate i...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Tarboro, NC

#22 Nov 1, 2010
Okay, for me it's not about the plastic bags vs. paper. I could give a crap. I do like the recyclable bags and I was using them before the ban. The simple fact is the way the ban was thrown in. No vote by us. Don't any of you Basnight supporters get that? Mr. Basnight is speaking for "US" without getting our opinion on an issue. So does he know better than us? My gosh, I'm grown, I don't need a dad. And I want my representative to listen and ask for my concerns in government. JMO

Manteo, NC

#23 Nov 2, 2010
Lest we forgot how he so quickly rebuilt his restaraunt,the ashes were still smoldering at the landfill when the new building was started.

Dubuque, IA

#24 Dec 26, 2010
Plastic grocery bags weren't used before 1982. So, how did anyone get their groceries home? And I don't recall anyone voting on the use of plastic bags, or what the costs (taxes) were to deal with garbage that will be around long after we are. I don't use plastic, but I have to pay taxes to store yours.

Spring Hope, NC

#25 Dec 26, 2010
Go hug a tree, hippy.

And all of our state senators voted to ban plastic bags in our area. Most of them voted for it because it wouldn't effect their constituents.

Roxboro, NC

#26 Apr 29, 2012
District 1 voter wrote:
Marc Basnight has always worked for the welfare of the state, and especially his district!
NO he has not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grimesland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Updated Info on Holly Springs Plaza/New Stores-... (Jul '12) Thu Curious 3
Facebook Trolls (Apr '15) Nov 25 Richard Dryman 16
Mr All that Nov 17 Miss lovely 2
What's Goin' on at the Macon County Sheriff's O... (Sep '12) Nov 12 Do Gooder 48
Historic Franklin's only monument is a Confeder... Nov 12 Crockett 20
Macon County News Facebook for Drake Enterprises (Mar '14) Nov 12 Crockett 53
Low short term rentals...Anybody Nov 3 Crockett 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grimesland Mortgages