Dallas County wants to limit sprawl

Full story: Des Moines Register

Dallas County officials say they will take steps to protect farmers and wildlife from a decade-long growth spurt that has gobbled up thousands of undeveloped acres.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Sherrill

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2006

I agree 100% on stopping the growth in Dallas County. We need farm land too. Growth has gone way to far already.

Just send all the imagrants back were they belong and we would not need to grow
ohenry

Nevada, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2007

There's some more localized (Grimes) talk at: www.HeyGrimes.com
Waukee Transplant

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2007

I agree partly, but most of the immigrants are people filling high tech jobs in WDM. Let's take their tax dollars and use the $ to raise our land values by improving city infrastructure. When Waukee figures out how to make itself the most desireable DSM suburb, values will climb and the immigrants you are worried about having for neigbors won't be able to afford it.
it sucked this year

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

who cares about farmland? we can just import cheap food from China, and hopefully it won't have lead or poison in it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Grimes Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Grimes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance