Judge Johnnie Caldwell resigns

Judge Johnnie Caldwell resigns

There are 13 comments on the Griffin Daily News story from Apr 20, 2010, titled Judge Johnnie Caldwell resigns. In it, Griffin Daily News reports that:

Superior Court Judge Johnnie Caldwell on Monday submitted a letter of resignation to the office of Governor Sonny Perdue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Griffin Daily News.

protects the children

Griffin, GA

#1 Apr 22, 2010
Finally what goes around came around!
for the truth

Atlanta, GA

#2 Apr 22, 2010
protects the children wrote:
Finally what goes around came around!
How do you protect the children? Do you have specific knowledge of what has "gone around" with this judge to make such a bold comment or are you just another sore loser that got justice served and can't wait to see the judge go down for anything one could possibly dream up?
happy days

United States

#3 Apr 23, 2010
for the truth, you gotta be kidding. you've been living under a rock. not enough room in these posts to list everything this guy has done wrong. he's finally getting what he deserves.
Debbie

Atlanta, GA

#4 Apr 23, 2010
happy days wrote:
for the truth, you gotta be kidding. you've been living under a rock. not enough room in these posts to list everything this guy has done wrong. he's finally getting what he deserves.
Please tell us all. Or as I suspect do you not have proof of anything criminal he has done.

Johnnie has been a top notch Judge and a wonderful DA. Maybe you were on the receiving end of one of his cases.

Hum........that would be my guess.
yuol

Fayetteville, GA

#5 Apr 24, 2010
time to drain the swamp!! he is just the start
CAROL

Fayetteville, GA

#6 Apr 24, 2010
EDWARDS WILL BE NEXT
Phyllis Wilcox

Griffin, GA

#7 Apr 25, 2010
I do not mind using my name, Phyllis Wilcox. I was on the receiving end of the neglect that Johnnie Caldwell did while a D.A. in Griffin in 1984. I was victimized by a convicted kidnapper and rapist out on an appeals bond after only serving a few months. The convicted rapist is named Darrell Jackson and with letter writing to the Pardon and Parole Board have been the only one of his victims to do this. These letters requesting that he never be paroled have kept him in prison for 26 years. Yes, me a Victim Victorious have been able to do this. No help from anyone here in Griffin, just determination and the strong will to right the wrong of now deceased Judge Andrew Whalen and now Johnnie Caldwell. Two men who did not care for the causes of the victim of this very violent man.
kim

Powder Springs, GA

#8 May 10, 2010
WOW...l I think Judge Caldwell is a wonderful judge. He is honest, fair, and does everything by the book. Thanks for the arrears!
smooth

Suwanee, GA

#9 May 17, 2010
He,caldwel,thought he was adove the law.
glad4public

United States

#10 Jun 20, 2010
After watching this judge in action for more than 3 years and seeing people recieve his cruel sentencing with a jovial smerk and a wink to his cadre of glorified good ol' boy's,Im happy to say the justice system for our county has been purged for the better....hats off to the investigator
Jay

Covington, GA

#11 Oct 10, 2010
Phyllis Wilcox
I remember the trial. And everything that went on.More post to come soon.
Stay tuned....

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13 May 15, 2012
sadly idk what this guy did but there is several posts on him.. i think he was a good guy.,.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#15 Mar 15, 2014
Great guy! sad he left the office doe ):

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Griffin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bow Wow, Omarion, others team for holiday tour (Dec '05) Mar 19 THE TRUTH 608
E. Ray Sharpe, Jr (Mar '12) Feb 20 bts 60
News Dude, What? - Transgendered Candidate Called A ... (Nov '07) Feb '17 Candidate Phart 94
Experiment Music Thread Jan '17 Musikologist 1
Sheriff of Butts County Ga (Dec '07) Nov '16 Harley 80
News Sex Offender Takes Law To Court (Jun '07) Nov '16 Jessie 108
Review: Boost Promotional Group Inc (Mar '15) Aug '16 Unhappy and diapp... 3

Griffin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Griffin Mortgages