Firefighter allegedly took video of a...

Firefighter allegedly took video of accident victim

There are 13 comments on the Griffin Daily News story from Oct 19, 2010, titled Firefighter allegedly took video of accident victim. In it, Griffin Daily News reports that:

A Spalding County firefighter is on leave after allegedly using his cell phone to take a video of a woman who died in a car accident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Griffin Daily News.

Jim Irwin

Nashville, TN

#1 Oct 19, 2010
As the father of three daughters, I am appalled by the actions of your firefighter in his video. To the HR department who hired him, I am truly amazed at your lack of foresight in his hiring.
To the parents of the dead girl, my deepest sorrow to you as a parent. To the city of Griffin, GA, my sorrow for what is one bad event in a life of many wonderful events. And finally to your firefighter... as one of the many men and women who took an oath to "protect and serve" and do it every day with dignity for all concerned, we really wish that you would do something else for a living since you, obviously, do not have an overabundance of integrity.
volvo780

United States

#2 Oct 19, 2010
I would have to say i agree with everything you say jim, this is horrable and shouldnt ever happen again. The only thing i would have to disagree with is the statement about the hr's lack of foresight. Imho i dont see how you could screen some 1 for a lack of judgement this guy showed, i just dont think we should start playing the blame game make this guy responsible for his own actions.
ARKANSAS FIRE FIGHTER

United States

#3 Oct 19, 2010
I would love to work in a fire department that has no rules. Is there any openings. I could be the king of the department where axx holes do the stuff these bastards did.
To every axx hole in the department that recieved this video and did nothing this is my thought of the day. Don't breed, don't have kids, don't spawn any more axx holes than your county has all ready.
Someday you will all die off and the rest of the world will be better off.
Griffin Co. Axx hole county of the year.
diego

San Diego, CA

#4 Oct 19, 2010
maybe people need to see the results of high speed driving. It doesn't turn out very nice
As I see em

Live Oak, FL

#5 Oct 19, 2010
I was shocked when I heard this story. It is unimaginable to me that someone could be so ignorant and callous as to go around showing a video like this; much less a firefighter. As a public service employee, the whole basis of your job is based on trust and integrity. The firefighters involved in this should be terminated immediately, no questions asked. They do not belong in this line of work nor does anyone with half a brain want them there.

If there isn't a law on the books protecting families from this type of abuse, someone needs to get on it. Is this not covered under the new Meredith Emerson law? I tell you this- if it were my daughter I would own half of Spalding County before it was over!

Chief West- save your department's credibility and do your job- fire this scum NOW. Unbelievable!
As I see em

Live Oak, FL

#7 Oct 19, 2010
volvo780 wrote:
I would have to say i agree with everything you say jim, this is horrable and shouldnt ever happen again. The only thing i would have to disagree with is the statement about the hr's lack of foresight. Imho i dont see how you could screen some 1 for a lack of judgement this guy showed, i just dont think we should start playing the blame game make this guy responsible for his own actions.
To clarify, the video shooter passed the video to several firefighters, of which one sat in a restaurant bar and shared it with all the patrons. One of them knew the family and notified them. That is my understanding of what happened. Several firefighters are guilty for not putting a stop to something they obviously know is wrong.
sickofitall

Miami, FL

#8 Oct 19, 2010
To anyone that thinks this EMS crew will get off scot-free, I've got one word for you, "HIPAA".

Each time these firefighters started transmitting that video to eachother by cell phone, they violated the Federal law known as HIPAA, which requires the safeguarding of medical information (including images of a patient). So, even if the State of Georgia has no laws against this kind of unbelievably immoral behavior, the Feds do, and these guys might very well be screwed.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#9 Oct 19, 2010
That girl shouldn't have been driving. Everyone knows GA women are only good for one thing.
MaryB

United States

#10 Oct 19, 2010
Darren M are you serious??? Your an idiot....
Gwinnett Resident

United States

#11 Oct 19, 2010
There must be a great deal of confidence in Spalding County's Fire Dept. now and going forward. Chief West, you have no choice but to stand behind your community. These jobs can not be taken so carelessly and your patients can not be treated like they were jokes. Dana Kempson was someones daughter, she meant the world to her parents. She deserved respect whether this young lady was beyond help or not.

Spalding County, don't accept this as your critical responders. Let them know what you think.
cyn925

Waterloo, Canada

#12 Oct 19, 2010
Darren m....you're a moron and you're just as bad as the axxhole firefighter! That poor family deserves respect and privacy at such a sad time in their lives! What a disgrace! I can't believe how creepy people can be! My god!!!!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13 May 15, 2012
this is fkin disgusting. this fire fighter should be put in jail.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#14 May 15, 2012
hell he probably got a slap on the wrist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Griffin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
E. Ray Sharpe, Jr (Mar '12) Feb 20 bts 60
News Dude, What? - Transgendered Candidate Called A ... (Nov '07) Feb 6 Candidate Phart 94
Experiment Music Thread Jan 24 Musikologist 1
Sheriff of Butts County Ga (Dec '07) Nov '16 Harley 80
News Sex Offender Takes Law To Court (Jun '07) Nov '16 Jessie 108
Review: Boost Promotional Group Inc (Mar '15) Aug '16 Unhappy and diapp... 3
News Fireworks display to take place Saturday (Jul '10) Jul '16 Benhunt 4

Griffin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Griffin Mortgages