Whatever happened to Stuart Thompson?

Whatever happened to Stuart Thompson?

Posted in the Griffin Forum

Local Citizen

United States

#1 Sep 10, 2008
I was shocked by the news. Is he in jail in Columbus? When is the trial date?
Sami

Broadview Heights, OH

#2 Sep 30, 2008
Who is Stuart Thompson?
Columbus

United States

#3 Oct 2, 2008
He went to the same college I did 20 years ago and I was shocked by the news. I never thought he would do something like that.
I saw it in the Columbus paper after he was arrested.
Kuba

Mcdonough, GA

#4 Jul 21, 2010
HE got off with a slick Lawyer on an intrapment defense. I am not sure if the records are sealed pending any future charges, but it wouldn't surprise me. My wife and I had the unfortunate experience of leasing a house from him that we intended to make an offer on. But he withweld information about toxic levels of mold in the property and my wife became ill. We also found out about him being a suspected pedifile and neutorious slum lord. We also found out that 4 prior tenants claim that he did have prior knowledge of the toxic mold levels in the home. So now he owes us $850 dollars for the security deposit. I don't know if he is a pedifile of not, but he certainly ia a cold blooded snake of a liar. I wouldn't doubt if he is a pedifile.
Columbus

Atlanta, GA

#5 Jul 28, 2010
The case is being turned over to a grand jury. He will more than likely be indicted and charged. It will not be good for him.
Allen H Thompson

Cumming, GA

#6 Jul 28, 2010
Kuba,

Be careful what you post here:

Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image. It is usually, but not always,[1] a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).

In common law jurisdictions, slander refers to a malicious, false and defamatory spoken statement or report, while libel refers to any other form of communication such as written words or images. Most jurisdictions allow legal actions, civil and/or criminal, to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism. Related to defamation is public disclosure of private facts, which arises where one person reveals information that is not of public concern, and the release of which would offend a reasonable person. "Unlike [with] libel, truth is not a defense for invasion of privacy."[2]

False light laws are "intended primarily to protect the plaintiff's mental or emotional well-being."[3] If a publication of information is false, then a tort of defamation might have occurred. If that communication is not technically false but is still misleading, then a tort of false light might have occurred.[3]

In most civil law jurisdictions, defamation is dealt with as a crime rather than a tort.[4]

A person who destroys another's reputation may be referred to as a famacide, defamer, or slanderer. The Latin phrase famosus libellus means a libelous writing.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7 May 15, 2012
no idea ask again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Griffin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Child Abuser Diane Solis Mar 24 Daisy20 1
News Bow Wow, Omarion, others team for holiday tour (Dec '05) Mar '17 THE TRUTH 608
E. Ray Sharpe, Jr (Mar '12) Feb '17 bts 60
News Dude, What? - Transgendered Candidate Called A ... (Nov '07) Feb '17 Candidate Phart 94
Experiment Music Thread Jan '17 Musikologist 1
Sheriff of Butts County Ga (Dec '07) Nov '16 Harley 80
News Sex Offender Takes Law To Court (Jun '07) Nov '16 Jessie 108

Griffin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Griffin Mortgages