Judge Caldwell has stepped down; agrees not to seek office again

Apr 20, 2010 Read more: The Herald-Gazette

Griffin circuit Judge Johnnie L. Caldwell Jr. of Thomaston has resigned his post, effective April 23.

Read more
Evelyn Vercher

United States

#1 May 12, 2010
Johnnie Caldwell should be investigated. He has done wrong to so many people that has come before him. I can verify this. Him and the DA had the person convicted before they even went before the jury, becausee he would not allow any witness for the defendant to testify in his behalf.Iwas at one of those trials with my roommate's son, and I know he was railroaded by Caldwell. He instructed the man's attorney to tell us that we could only answer YES or NO And thats all. When his mother attemptrd to say more,he threatned to throw her in jail.The judge and DA had tried to make him plead guilty to charges that he was not guilty of, and told him if he did not plead guilty, that they would give him 50 yrs. at trial, and they did. He lost the case because Caldwell would not allow the court appointed lawers to introduce 0000 evidence in his behalf that would help him. He is a snake in the grass.He should have never been a judge.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2 May 15, 2012
your wrong.

He's a good man.
2blesed

Newnan, GA

#3 Jun 20, 2012
Evelyn Vercher wrote:
Johnnie Caldwell should be investigated. He has done wrong to so many people that has come before him. I can verify this. Him and the DA had the person convicted before they even went before the jury, becausee he would not allow any witness for the defendant to testify in his behalf.Iwas at one of those trials with my roommate's son, and I know he was railroaded by Caldwell. He instructed the man's attorney to tell us that we could only answer YES or NO And thats all. When his mother attemptrd to say more,he threatned to throw her in jail.The judge and DA had tried to make him plead guilty to charges that he was not guilty of, and told him if he did not plead guilty, that they would give him 50 yrs. at trial, and they did. He lost the case because Caldwell would not allow the court appointed lawers to introduce 0000 evidence in his behalf that would help him. He is a snake in the grass.He should have never been a judge.
is he running for congress now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Griffin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Griffin, GA (Sep '10) Apr 16 Will 31
Review: Boost Promotional Group Inc Mar 25 Upset customer 1
News Bow Wow, Omarion, others team for holiday tour (Dec '05) Mar '15 BEVBOWWOW 607
E. Ray Sharpe, Jr (Mar '12) Mar '15 Karma 49
Mirial thompson Mar '15 fyi 1
wants baby from a stranger Mar '15 fyi 5
News Bobbi Kristina suffers seizures Feb '15 queenladyt 1
More from around the web

Griffin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]