Two dead in motorcycle crash in Shawano

Two dead in motorcycle crash in Shawano

There are 5 comments on the WTMJ-AM Milwaukee story from Jul 17, 2012, titled Two dead in motorcycle crash in Shawano. In it, WTMJ-AM Milwaukee reports that:

Get all the news and information you need to start your day during Wisconsin's Morning News with Gene Mueller.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTMJ-AM Milwaukee.

halls

New London, WI

#1 Jul 18, 2012
and they wonde why people are afraid of old drivers onthe road!
Chief Jerry

Milwaukee, WI

#2 Jul 18, 2012
It really doesn’t matter……Statistically older drivers are by far safer than younger drivers. That being said, I’ve ridden motorcycles on the street for roughly 40 years, and I can tell you that over those years, it’s been an EXTREEMLY RARE occasion when I have not felt threatened in some way by a car or truck driver. It is almost a daily occurrence, and on some days more than once. People who have never ridden a motorcycle have no clue what it’s like to have someone pass you in your lane, cut you off , or tailgate, at 65mph. In my earlier days, I kicked many car doors, and even punched off a couple side-view mirrors. Now, being older, less aggressive, and no longer immortal, it just scares the “H” out of me….A Lot! People look right past you, they’re on cell phones, etc., and generally have absolutely no respect for 2-wheel vehicles. By law bikes have the right to the same space on the road as any car. Cage drivers don’t see us or don’t care……..It’s just a fact of ridding, and always has been.
halls

New London, WI

#3 Jul 22, 2012
they are not "safer" in shawano that's for sure

i ride myself, so i DO know he other side
shannon

Waukesha, WI

#4 Aug 3, 2012
check the stats on the WI state websites, I did a paper on this...while I am sure there are some close calls with autos and motorcycles..the VAST majority of accidents are caused by either a drinking motorcycle driver or motorcycle operator fault. I almost never see cycles use their turn signals and they assume they can zoom between tight spaces to move from lane to lane so this is easy to believe. Taverns full of cyclist- what amount of liquor is safe for a cyclist???? NONE - they arent in there drinking soda. All of the operators that I knew that have passed have caused their own accidents and there are several. Lets place blame where it belongs...with the cyclists.
Chief Jerry

Milwaukee, WI

#5 Aug 3, 2012
I don’t know you, or where you got your information, but would love to read the “Paper” you did. The University of Southern California did a extensive study on this topic, and their findings contradict yours. You may want to contact them with your special facts. I believe you are wrong.(Reference pg 1)

http://www.floridasaferider.com/floridasaferi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gresham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sad, COPS do lie in Shawano (Aug '07) May 5 Target 22
Review: Annie's Campground (Aug '13) Apr '17 Uninformed 8
The cops in Clintonville are corrupt (Oct '07) Mar '17 Mark 34
Melissa hudson (Jan '15) Jan '17 Ryan 2
News Hoffmaster closing Appleton site, cutting 300 jobs (May '08) Dec '16 JPB 9
Trump Dakota pipeline and arrest of hundreds of... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Not Trump 1
drowning on wolf river (Jul '06) Sep '13 Know your own limits 31

Gresham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gresham Mortgages