Review: Auto Link Gresham

Posted in the Gresham Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
LMR

Beaverton, OR

#1 Oct 23, 2008
How in the hell are these people able to continue to be in business? They need to be closed down and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. For years and years they have been taking advantage of people. They are slimmey sleaze balls and need to be put away for good. They supposedly sold my car and needed the title right away in order for the financing to go through. I was supposed to receive a check within 10 days. It has been more than 10 days, I still havn't received a check and they have closed their doors and are no where to be found. After alot of investigation, this has been going on for many years, and many people have lost alot of money! In fact I am told that over 35 people this month of october 2008 have lost cars. If you have a car on their lot and you have a spare set of keys, go there and pick up your car before it is too late!!!
Kenpo93

Salem, OR

#2 Oct 24, 2008
LMR is exactly right. My car too was sold in October of 2008 and was awaiting the "within 10 days" payoff. It never came. What I got was a letter stating Auto Link went out of business and they have no funds to payoff my car. We are stuck trying to get insurance companies to pick up the tab, and I personally have a $10,000 bill and no car. These crooks need to rot in jail, and be liable for every red cent on top of that. Screw you Auto Link. Rot in hell you slimy bastards.
Former Employee

Clackamas, OR

#3 Oct 24, 2008
When you guys were in their consigning your car, did you ever see Dave Edmonds in their? I think he was still the owner. I think it signed it over to someone else for the license because it looks like his license was suspended. Here's a link to the news story done on them yesterday. The guy interviewed was the owner

http://www.katu.com/news/local/33197989.html...
another

United States

#4 Oct 25, 2008
I am one of those that is stuck in the middle. I also had my car on the lot told them I was coming to pick it up on Thursday Oct 16. They told me it was sold just the night before. To call a lady by the name of jo to go in sign and my loan would be paid off....well it never happened. I did call the guy that bought my car and he has given them 10K cash..and then money was never given to my bank for pay-off. What do I do now? I own my own insurance agency and if I did something like this I would lose my license and be prosecuted. If anyone can give me direction, please email me at insuranceprovider@comcast.net
just a note

Portland, OR

#5 Oct 25, 2008
Get your car now this guy is very shady he is moving cars off his lot at a record pace. And moving documents out the back door even faster.
Kenpo93

Salem, OR

#6 Oct 25, 2008
just a note wrote:
Get your car now this guy is very shady he is moving cars off his lot at a record pace. And moving documents out the back door even faster.
The reason they are moving cars off the lot so quickly is because they went out of business, BEFORE paying over 35 people for cars they sold. The cars being moved are from those that didn't sell. Yes, the lucky ones.
Anoymous

Beaverton, OR

#7 Oct 28, 2008
To all who may not know if you are a victim of this you need to report it to DMV & the Attorney General's Office because they are required by law to have a bond that DMV can assist you in going after to recope your losses and money owed to you.
LMR wrote:
How in the hell are these people able to continue to be in business? They need to be closed down and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. For years and years they have been taking advantage of people. They are slimmey sleaze balls and need to be put away for good. They supposedly sold my car and needed the title right away in order for the financing to go through. I was supposed to receive a check within 10 days. It has been more than 10 days, I still havn't received a check and they have closed their doors and are no where to be found. After alot of investigation, this has been going on for many years, and many people have lost alot of money! In fact I am told that over 35 people this month of october 2008 have lost cars. If you have a car on their lot and you have a spare set of keys, go there and pick up your car before it is too late!!!
I know

Clackamas, OR

#8 Oct 28, 2008
Everyone, file a police report. Call the Attorney General. Call DMV. Keep any documents you got from them, especially any letter from the "new owner", as she is an 85 year old woman who had no idea she was buying a business. The woman's daughter was Dave's office manager, and would do anything for him, including sell her own mother.

They are shredding documents in the garage. They have crashed the hard drive. They have been fined before, years before, and over and over again before the DMV got fed up and pulled their license.

Call the Department of Justice.

Then, call the KATU cahnnel 2 and come forward.

PEOPLE, IF DAVE EDMONDS HAS EVER DONE ANYTHING TO HARM YOU IN ANY WAY, PLEASE FILE A REPORT. FOR GOD'S SAKE, SOME ONE HAS TO MAKE THIS MAN PAY FOR WHAT HE'S DONE, AND WHAT HE'S MADE OTHER PEOPLE DO! IT GOES SO MUCH FARTHER THAN CARS!
Kenpo93

Salem, OR

#9 Oct 29, 2008
Complaints aren't going to get us our money or cars back. If any attorneys out there want to offer their advice that doesn't include spending thousands to file lawsuits, please do so. And to the other victims, we need to communicate and band together to get our money back. Strength in numbers. Make phone calls, talk to attorneys, call the DA, etc., share what you know...
Annid

United States

#10 Oct 29, 2008
Auto link treats their customers like crap. Their salesmen are drug addicts and sex offenders. Kevin Steiner is the worst liar of them all. I would never do business with these scumbags ever again.
i know

Clackamas, OR

#11 Oct 30, 2008
Thursday, October 30 2008
12:05 PM
AUTO LINK IS SURROUNDED BY POLICE, THEY ARE RAIDING THE BUILDING, THEY ARE CONFISCATING PROPERTY, WHICH MEANS THEY MUST HAVE A SEARCH WARRANT, PRAY THAT EVERYTHING STICKS!!!!
i know

Clackamas, OR

#12 Oct 30, 2008
I want more than my money back, I want him to pay for the abuse on many people. Dave Edmonds in a criminal on so many levels.
Dakini

Portland, OR

#13 Oct 31, 2008
OMG, I was so happy to hear the news last night, I was taken for an abusive ride and taken advantage of by the sales people at Autolink Gresham, they convinced me to give them my car for consignment when I was in such a vulnerable place, I changed my mind and they wouldn't give me my car back and blocked it with trucks so I couldn't take it off the lot and made me sign away the consignment fee under duress, my friend who was with me took pictures, I am happy to provide them, I was completely deviastated by the entire situation. This happened the first of October.
You guys are morons

Portland, OR

#14 Nov 1, 2008
Dakini... If you would not have signed a contract with them they wouldn't have held your car.. so your mad at them because you wanted to go back on your word? That makes no sense...

LMR.. you are also a moron. If Auto link has been taking peoples money like this for years, why was there no report or investigation? Cause it has never happened! This is simply a sign of our tough economical times...

Best of luck to all of you who have suffered a loss because of these guys. I am also one who is out money as well. My personal advise is to follow as the letter said and get your claims in early...
Hello

United States

#15 Nov 1, 2008
To "you guys are morons"...It is not a sign of hard times that Auto Link stole peoples money. Check the DMV records for Fall 2004 and you will see that AL was fined for 8 violations of failure to pay. Mr. Edmonds also lost his license to operate a dealership in Spring 08 for breaking the law and violating DMV regulations; hence using Ms. Parker as a front so he could continue his operation.

The AL letter says to treat the premeditated theft of an individual's money for the consigned sale of their property like it is a car wreck. This is not the case. The only claim that can be made with an insurance company for total loss of value in this case is if it is reported stolen. This is what AL did; they stole people's cars. Read OR law and you will discover that consigned property never belongs to the company acting as the agent, nor does the money from the sale. At all times the property and money belong to the owner. At no time can the consigned merchandise or money from said item be used to pay the debts of the company. In fact the company is not even to take their commission from the sale until the owner is paid (within 10 days of the sale ORS 822.060). Also, some of this money came in from out of state and that puts AL in violation of Federal law for interstate wire fraud. This was planned and executed prior to the 'closing' of the business and that means premeditated. Guaranteed there is more than one person involved and that means conspiracy.

One would think that since Mr. Edmonds ran an insurance business (Edmonds & Associates) out of the Stark St. property that he would be fully aware of the fraud he is trying to perpetrate on other insurance companies. The AL dealership has been around for about 15 years and been investigated before so they should've been fully aware of the state laws.

So, "you guys are morons" I find it interesting that you are sympathetic to AL since you say they stole your money as well. The stock market is a risk but a signed contract backed by state/federal laws is not a risk. AL breached the contracts and stole the assets of multiple car sales they didn't just have a bad day on the stock market.

PS Check out one of the positive reviews on another site and you will see that the poster Ms. Kendall is listed as a manager of AL. Wonder why she rated the company highly. Makes you wonder what connection "you guys are morons" has with AL?!
AJR

Astoria, OR

#16 Nov 1, 2008
Same thing happened to us, we had our jeep on their lot since May, 2008. We called to pick it up in October because it had not been sold, they convinced us to leave it there because they were sure they were going to sell it. Then Oct. 23rd we get a letter stating they had gone out of business and our Jeep was sold. Found out who they buyer was, they sold it on Sept. 9th, 2008 and never informed us. In fact we still have the title we never signed it over. The fact is my vehicle was stolen, someone else is driving my jeep around and I am still paying the insurance on it because I own it!!! I really don't know how this freak, Dave Edmonds, sleeps at night. I believe in karma so he better look out. Word to the wise: Research your consignment lot before you trust one.
weva

United States

#17 Nov 1, 2008
ok Auto link employee, what are you smoking! My advise to you is find another career, because these clowns are finished.
You guys are morons wrote:
Dakini... If you would not have signed a contract with them they wouldn't have held your car.. so your mad at them because you wanted to go back on your word? That makes no sense...
LMR.. you are also a moron. If Auto link has been taking peoples money like this for years, why was there no report or investigation? Cause it has never happened! This is simply a sign of our tough economical times...
Best of luck to all of you who have suffered a loss because of these guys. I am also one who is out money as well. My personal advise is to follow as the letter said and get your claims in early...
Jacob

Portland, OR

#18 Nov 2, 2008
I bought a vehicle and financed it through a financing company, does this mean the financing company has my title?
Dakini

Portland, OR

#19 Nov 2, 2008
To you guys are morons, look in the mirror!!! I had a bad feeling in my gut when I went home that this dealership was going down so I was smarter then you were. I even got my consignment fee back through my credit card company!

Has nothing to do with the economic times, it's all a state of mind. It has to do with being honest and and forthright in business dealings. I didn't loose any money but apparently you did so who is the clueless one!
Jaret

United States

#20 Nov 2, 2008
Hello there Auto link screwed me big time, they sold my car back in June and never paid my car off. They were suppose to send a check to my bank in June and never did. I asked them too and they gave me some story, on how they were waiting on paper waork, before they could pay off my car. Now it Nov and I am stuck with a $7,000 loan balance. I saw the owner Dave he said he didn't own it anymore some lady did I think it bull. He is a crook he has a history of doing bad dealings. Now he is running the new Auto link mabey he got his licinces back to sell cars this is bull.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gresham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Postcards from the past (Feb '16) Oct '17 Cindy 3
ISO kayakers visited Broken Group Islands Canada Sep '17 Beachkeeper 1
Ember Graham (Jan '17) May '17 Curious Cat 2
News Latino immigrants suddenly avoiding the DMV (Aug '08) Feb '17 Trumpem 692
View Portland Mugshots (Mar '13) Jan '17 Ivan 4
Gresham traffic cops (Jan '09) Dec '16 dumbass 18
looking for jennifer dean (Jan '11) Nov '16 Jennyfromdablock 3

Gresham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance