Teen driver charged for role in fatal...

Teen driver charged for role in fatal accident

There are 6 comments on the Hometown Life story from Jul 6, 2008, titled Teen driver charged for role in fatal accident. In it, Hometown Life reports that:

A 17-year-old Plymouth girl has been charged with negligent homicide, a two-year misdemeanor, in the April 22 crash that killed motorcyclist Diane Arlene Eickmeyer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hometown Life.

the knower

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Jul 10, 2008
This is very sad. I hope everyone remembers these are tragic ACCIDENTS.....no one ever PLANS to have a deadly accident. Its funny...you can be charged with "not being careful enough".....but when we lose a soldier from friendly fire...no one goes to prison....ACCIDENTS happen..its a part of this world.
Diane is missed

Howell, MI

#2 Aug 5, 2008
Diane Eickmeyer who was killed by another driver on her motorcyle, is missed by all of her friends and family. I miss her everyday. I keep thinking I will see her at our next family get together of she will call soon and I keep waiting for her call. What bothers me the most is that Diane is gone and she didn't do anything wrong.
US citizen

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Aug 5, 2008
This person is with God now..in His arms. I pray this woman who some how caused this accident is treated humanely and it is understo9od that no one intentiuonally has an accident that takes a life. These are.... for the most part...very tragic accidents.
US citizen

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Aug 5, 2008
This person is with God now..in His arms. I pray this woman who some how caused this accident is treated humanely and it is understood that no one intentionally has an accident that takes a life. These are.... for the most part...very tragic accidents.
Diane my friend

Eastpointe, MI

#5 Aug 21, 2008
Diane was my friend and I miss her so much. I worked with her and it is hard to come here everyday knowing she will never walk thru that door again. She was always happy and always trying to cheer you up if you were down. My life is better for knowing her.
US citizen

Las Vegas, NV

#6 Aug 21, 2008
The method of thinking...that drinking and driving and killing people its going to go away by putting people in prisons..is not working.
MILLIONS of people drink and drive EVERY DAY..and none of them have any idea when they get ion that car that they actually will kill some one on that trip...
What the law requires..is that a person who has already had probably a few too many..to suddenly... at that drunken moment....make a life or death decision....and while we all EXPECT poeple to do this..its just not happening...approximately thirteen thousand people died last year in alcohol related accidents....about 500 in Michigan.
You have short days and long nights in Michigan... drunk and dark don't mix well....you have a lot of unemployment... and reason for people to be depressed and want to drink some of their troubles away..you have winding rural roads that when winter comes open themselves up to accidents.
And while we EXPECT people to NOT drive when
they drink..its just not happening. Its not.
Drinking and driving and causing death..is a moneymaker..for the funeral parlors..the gravediggers...the flower shops...the lawyers..the tow truck companies..the scrapyards...hospitals.
And until the people wake up and realize that its time to put a breathalyzer in every drinking establishemt..and require that patrons turn in their keys and pass a test before getting them to drive away..until we do this...people are going to continue to die...
The trouble is..you don't have to be driving to be a victim of this...you don't have to be a drinker...you could be on a bike...walking to church...on a bus..a passenger in another car...
And WHO will it strike next? We never get to know THAT either...a day can start out just fine..and end in death. Its a LOTTERY of death...and we're ALL players in it... until we STOP by some LARGER means..people from getting into their cars. Expecting THEM to do this...is not happening..its not happening.
Who will be next? Some one YOU love? YOU?
This tragedy doesn't care how old you are...what color you are...where you were going when it strikes..or whether or not you've been a good person...it takes whom ever it can ...when ever it can.
Thats why to sit back and continue to EXPECT the INDIVIDUAL...to maKe this choice..as we can see..is just not working..and we need to move on to a different approach. We need the companies who make billions of dollars from this product..to step in and PAY for some funerals..some lawyers fees..some BAIL..some flowers for the caskets...and help fray the cost of keeping people in prison...there are many...and right now the idea the law has is that by keeping a person in prison for along periods of time..this tragic event will go away or diminish..and it is just not happening.
We need a larger hand in this...we need to STOP doing something AFTER the accident...and do something about STOPPING these kinds of things...BEFORE they happen.
Making a person pass a breathalyzer BEFORE he or she left a place where they had been drinking...would not stop all drinking and driving accidents...because alcohol is sold in liquor stores and other stores..be SIDES bars and restaurants... where people usually imbibe on the spot...but this new effort... would greaty reduce this tragedy.
Combining that effort with a "two drink limit" to people who drove to the place they're drinking..would also help..of course that would reduce profits..but what do we care the most about...profits? Or our loved ones?
Its time to try something new..to take a step further..to get a new plan stan...
Alcohol profits are not that important..lives are. Make your congressman hear you...write your representatives...MAKE this happen before you come home one day and find one of YOUR loved ones dead...do it before..one day YOU... don't come home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gregory Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
people of stockbridge (Jan '16) Jan '16 shabe 1
News Court amnesty program on certain tickets will '... (Feb '13) Dec '15 Loulou 2
main streat computers (Dec '15) Dec '15 shane samulak 1
Should John Torres be Stockbridge police officer? (Feb '13) Dec '15 shane samulak 5
News Beating at golf course leads to prison (Nov '15) Dec '15 TheRat 2
News Prosecutor: Defendant brutally beat victim (Nov '15) Nov '15 Another 1
News Mugg & Bopps stores seized (Sep '08) Oct '15 Cop 9

Gregory Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gregory Mortgages