Coyote traps removed early

Full story: KUSA Denver 36
" The City of Greenwood Village has removed all of its leg hold traps that were set along the Highline Canal to catch coyotes. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Forsta

Broomfield, CO

#25 May 31, 2007
Fed UP wrote:
<quoted text> Why do people focus on the grammar rather then the point? Oh thats right, because you are to stupid to get the point.
The inability to articulate is the inability to think. An occasional misspelling or grammatical error is one thing; a line of gibberish is another.
FFF

United States

#26 May 31, 2007
People complain about the coyotes, the city does something about it and then they complain about what the city did about the coyotes. GWV would have been better off to do nothing about it.
banjo

Denver, CO

#27 May 31, 2007
Fed UP wrote:
<quoted text> Why do people focus on the grammar rather then the point? Oh thats right, because you are to stupid to get the point.
A few misspelled words is not a big deal, needing a translator to decipher what they were trying to say is another issue entirely. Besides, I wasn't picking on her grammar, just pointing out that there are some very smart coyotes out there
path user

Ellicott City, MD

#28 May 31, 2007
I agree with Forsta on every point. Could not have said it better myself.
Mommamia

Parker, CO

#29 May 31, 2007
don wrote:
you can't have it both ways. while you're hugging the tree it is more likely the coyote will attack your dog, or your child. if your dog or child is caught in the trap, won't you be there to free them?
Actually while one was hugging a tree the child or dog would most likely have a greater chance of picking up a flea that is infected by the plague. I feel the best way to prevent a coyote attack on a dog or small child is extremely obvious; 1. Keep you dog on a leash, with a proper fitting collar. 2. Don't let your kids run all over the place, keep them close and if they won't stay right next to you either take them home or get them a leash as well. Quite simple really, oh by the way.. I personally am no tree hugger, I wear leather shoes, LOVE a good steak and oh my goodness even have a fur coat!:)
path user

Baltimore, MD

#30 May 31, 2007
don wrote:
you can't have it both ways. while you're hugging the tree it is more likely the coyote will attack your dog, or your child. if your dog or child is caught in the trap, won't you be there to free them?
Don, If you're really afraid of coyote attacks, you should probably spend your weekends at the shopping mall. Or in your living room, watching TV.
Sara

Denver, CO

#31 May 31, 2007
These traps never should have been placed in that area at all - or anywhere else for that matter. They're exceedingly cruel, and "hello" ILLEGAL! As to the idiot who wrote about carrying his gun around Highline Canal (do you have something to prove by carrying around a big, bad shotgun?), WATCH OUT for this guy everyone - he's probably more likely to shoot at your dog!
Fed UP

United States

#32 May 31, 2007
Forsta wrote:
<quoted text>
The inability to articulate is the inability to think. An occasional misspelling or grammatical error is one thing; a line of gibberish is another.
And being able to relate to all people and understand their point of view is a GIFT. Let me translate for you. They were here first, who are we to kill them. There, do you understand that or should I purchase a dictionary for you?
lovin life

United States

#33 May 31, 2007
The traps are gone, people are free to roam where they will and pets should be on a leash. Of course some children should be also.
I did think that the traps were cruel though.
banjo

Denver, CO

#34 May 31, 2007
Forsta wrote:
The use of the traps was irresponsible. Public education is much wiser.
As has already been said, coyotes are relatively easy to spook, and they are are hunters of opportunity, tending toward pray that either displays extreme fright, runs (never run from a coyote), or is tiny. Small animals and little children are tiny and tend to be frightened and run. Yet children should, of course, be accompanied by adults who know what they're doing. If you live at the city's edge, or are taking up more than your fair share of space in the rural fringe, then you should learn and practice behaviors that will keep you from being hunted, bitten, eaten, or otherwise injured by Colorado's wonderful wildlife. Then, despite good preparation, if something goes awry, you should accept that you're living in these animals' territory. It's already been mentioned that vastly more deaths are caused by automobiles than by wild animals every day; the ratio is so hugely imbalanced that deaths caused by wild animals statistically amount to 0% of the population mortality, when compared to automobiles and (surprise!) handguns, although autos are the clear winner for the most fatalities. We could also talk about heart disease (death by bad food), lung disease (death by bad air), but nobody's put the executives of McDonald's or Philip Morris in leg traps yet.
Well said
Lin

Golden, CO

#35 May 31, 2007
LEGHOLD TRAPS, HOW BARBARIC! But I guess the traps have gained intelligence if they can determine whether an individual coyote is aggressive.

My word, I thought we lived in a civilized area.
Sparky

Denver, CO

#36 May 31, 2007
When they catch the coyotes, what do they do with the illegals they were transporting?
NoPCme

Camden, AR

#37 May 31, 2007
lolz wrote:
<quoted text>
What a wimp. Afraid of some coyotes, tough guy?
Obviously, you don't know anything about song dogs. They grab little kids and eat pets. They also prey on livestock and big game newborns. Ever confronted one that lost it's fear of humans? There's nothing inhumane about trapping them or shooting them. Ignore that ditz from Arizona.
Betty

Little Rock, AR

#38 May 31, 2007
Fed UP wrote:
<quoted text>
And being able to relate to all people and understand their point of view is a GIFT. Let me translate for you. They were here first, who are we to kill them. There, do you understand that or should I purchase a dictionary for you?
Thank You, Fed up I guess I was trying to type faster then I was thinking. I grow up outside Brighton, and Fort Lupton and remember them having trouble with coyote in the winter getting the sheep and cattle, so a farmer would kill one and put its carcess on a fence it was suppose to scare the others away. but this was back in the 50s.
Sara

Denver, CO

#39 May 31, 2007
Wow... you really don't have a clue - look at yourself in the mirror before calling anyone else a ditz! Leghold traps are terrible, torturous, ILLEGAL devices that either cause needless horrific injuries to the animal caught in the trap and/or death. I'd like to see what you would say or do if you, any of your family or and/or any of your animals got caught in one of these barbaric traps - bet you wouldn't be such a tough guy then!
NoPCme wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously, you don't know anything about song dogs. They grab little kids and eat pets. They also prey on livestock and big game newborns. Ever confronted one that lost it's fear of humans? There's nothing inhumane about trapping them or shooting them. Ignore that ditz from Arizona.
Fed UP

United States

#40 Jun 1, 2007
Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You, Fed up I guess I was trying to type faster then I was thinking. I grow up outside Brighton, and Fort Lupton and remember them having trouble with coyote in the winter getting the sheep and cattle, so a farmer would kill one and put its carcess on a fence it was suppose to scare the others away. but this was back in the 50s.
Ewww, did that even work. LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 20 min tbird19482 13,745
Stilhaus Kitchens Reviews 5 hr makankonate 1
Denver tar Thu LuvH 1
Denver tar? (Aug '11) Thu Blackeee 5
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) Thu Reverend Alan 4,400
last post wins! (Feb '11) Thu mr goodwrench 24,749
Internet Marketing Benefits Thu Scambo Mc C note 1

Greenwood Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greenwood Village News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greenwood Village

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Broncos vs. Chiefs: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More