Executives see disconnect between violence and television

Jan 13, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CTV

If there's any soul-searching among top television executives about onscreen violence contributing to real-life tragedies like the Connecticut school shooting, it isn't readily apparent.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Benghazi?
If Obama can get away with murder, what kind of message does that send to our children.
Benghazi?
keep hatee go

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Ninthman wrote:
Benghazi?
If Obama can get away with murder, what kind of message does that send to our children.
Benghazi?
the FCC tryin to dicktake yo control remotea! imagine watta FAA keep you intoo yo feet..and FDA wil doping U like Neil legstrong!;-000r in school U have straingt A+ dat Y u missed the F-!!;-00
keep hatee go

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Ninthman wrote:
Benghazi?
Benghazi?
Dr. Bill_phd! is watching England vs Tx game;)

“It's Time to Defeat Terrorism ”

Since: May 11

NYC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

The corrupt executives that makes billions of dollars with pushing culture of violence, hatred, killing as many as you can are behind the destruction of American moral values that is the main cause for young Americans killing on schools and malls. Clearly, the culture of Hollywood is based on attack on religion and the ten Commandment and bringing the Jihadist culture of kill as many as you can to America under the Mozlem Brother sympathizer Obama and the anti-Christian agenda of the liberal media of Obama.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Ninthman wrote:
Benghazi?
Benghazi?
Keep up the drooling, Your Irrelevancy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

I'm not sure whether onscreen violence is a factor or not, but its possible contribution should be looked into. We have all become immersed in violence from all directions, and every possible contributor to the acting out of the most psychological vulnerable should be examined.
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

They dont care.They*re making money.
Vote Obama

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Jeff Brightone wrote:
The corrupt executives that makes billions of dollars with pushing culture of violence, hatred, killing as many as you can are behind the destruction of American moral values that is the main cause for young Americans killing on schools and malls.
I think it's the psychotropic drugs that are being dispensed like candy to our youth that is causing the problem but you don't hear about that, no big pharma is completely innocent in that regard, right?

“Obama Shames the USA”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Keep up the drooling, Your Irrelevancy.
Chris Stevens is irrelevant?

“Obama Shames the USA”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Vote Obama wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's the psychotropic drugs that are being dispensed like candy to our youth that is causing the problem but you don't hear about that, no big pharma is completely innocent in that regard, right?
Obama must have overdosed on them. He's nuts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Ninthman wrote:
<quoted text>Chris Stevens is irrelevant?
No, but you sure are.
equote

Rising Star, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

A comment on human history seems appropraite. People have always been predisposed to violence and have been fasinated with the display and glorification of violence. Wheather War, tales of revenge or murder thrillers people seem to enjoy violence as long as they are not involved as witnesses or victims.
The diffrence between today and America's past is the amount of voyer violence available and the lack of moral restraints (largely from Christianity in the USA). To often violence is a means of self expression.

"People who are powerless make an open theater of violence." (Don DeLillo) If there is any truth in the statement it says a great deal about the state of people's freedom in the USA.
Vote Obama

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Ninthman wrote:
<quoted text>Obama must have overdosed on them. He's got nuts.
Yes he does.
tedtims

Oceanside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

I am 86 years young and was in my younger years (in thethe 1930s a real film buff. I probably saw every western movies, gangster, movies and musicals. Now we lived in a more sedate society but those movies were (except for the musicals) in the eyes of many people very violent.
Offcourse there were no machine guns involved in the movies, that during during the WW2 movies. We did not see the mass murders, that we see today.
So I really don't see much connection between Hollywood and the society we live in today

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greenwood Village Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greenwood Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••