9NEWS - Top News Article - Work on bu...

9NEWS - Top News Article - Work on building with collapse was m...

There are 38 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Jul 5, 2007, titled 9NEWS - Top News Article - Work on building with collapse was m.... In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

VIEW SLIDESHOW GREENWOOD VILLAGE - " The multi-million project for "The Landmark" building where a portion of a floor collapsed Thursday morning was at least six months behind schedule, records show At least a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pat

Wheat Ridge, CO

#24 Jul 5, 2007
JEFF wrote:
<quoted text>I ain't the least bit concerned about their lives.
I'm sorry that you are alone in this world and have no compassion for another human life, but i'm telling you that if you can find someone , anyone to be your friend , they can make a difference in your life and help you to not be so cold.
no comment

Denver, CO

#25 Jul 5, 2007
Damn, this shows how people really are. Who cares about the race of the workers or if they were illegal or not. This is about people lives and their families at home. If I had been standing another 2 feet in front of me, I would have gone down with that table. Of course you're not gonna see any of the shoring below that collapsed table, it gave out and broke. There was shoring under that table. Maybe you should think about these peoples wifes and kids waiting at home for them. This is something I hope I never have to see again.
Ignorance

Denver, CO

#26 Jul 5, 2007
At least two people on this site know what they are talking about and not just what they have read (kckc and Concrete Guy) If it wasen't for the Hispanic culture the white man would have to step out of the air conditioned trailer to actually see how many victims there was,but who knows we only make fast food and know landscaping trades.Viva La Raza!!!!
Ignorance

Denver, CO

#27 Jul 5, 2007
Thank you no comment in Denver Co, i feel the same way you do and am glad you were able to show some insite from the inside of that building someplace nobody from the outside will ever see....
John Rehm

Aurora, CO

#28 Jul 5, 2007
You people should be ashamed of yourself for such ignorant reporting. The first thing you do is get the facts and tell it in a professional way. To insinuate the collaspe was because of time constraints shows your lack of information. The delays were more to do with last winters weather than anything else and all of us who bought units here were fully aware and advised by Mr. Davidson's staff.

To lead off with the project being six mounths behind schedule is what one would expect from Fox News and it dissapoints me greatly to see you stoop to there level of journalism.
Iggy

Broomfield, CO

#29 Jul 5, 2007
no comment wrote:
Damn, this shows how people really are. Who cares about the race of the workers or if they were illegal or not. This is about people lives and their families at home. If I had been standing another 2 feet in front of me, I would have gone down with that table. Of course you're not gonna see any of the shoring below that collapsed table, it gave out and broke. There was shoring under that table. Maybe you should think about these peoples wifes and kids waiting at home for them. This is something I hope I never have to see again.
My heart & thoughts go out to all on that site. I hope the injured get well quickly and that the witnesses will sleep soon. What a total trajedy.

As for the IMMIGRATION TROLLS just ignore them. Maybe they will go away one day. I choose not to feed the trolls and to give my thoughts to those who need them right now.

good luck, I do hope everyone is ok!

Since: Mar 07

Littleton, CO

#30 Jul 5, 2007
So the 13th floor was the one that fell. Spooky.
Carlos Mencia

Redwood City, CA

#31 Jul 5, 2007
I can use this stuff on my show!
Anita

San Jose, CA

#32 Jul 5, 2007
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry that you are alone in this world and have no compassion for another human life, but i'm telling you that if you can find someone , anyone to be your friend , they can make a difference in your life and help you to not be so cold.
Hey,
I like Jeff. He sounds nice to me. I wish I had hired him for my plumbing job rather than the rip off guy I did hire who had to come back twice to fix the leak in the new pipe he installed. So, I guess that makes me Jeff's friend. So now Jeff can be happy and at peace with himself. I think Jeff takes pride in his work, which is very rare indeed nowadays.

You on the other hand have issues.
dani

Littleton, CO

#33 Jul 5, 2007
How is there no 13th floor, if there is a 12th and 14th floor...?
Ubuntu fan

United States

#34 Jul 5, 2007
dani wrote:
How is there no 13th floor, if there is a 12th and 14th floor...?
Maybe that was the problem, no 13th floor to hold up the 14th floor! I think it is ironic that people are so superstitious about a 13th floor and then the problem happens on what is really the 13th floor.
TDZ

Aurora, CO

#35 Jul 5, 2007
Bush Christian wrote:
Proof positive that God hates Greenwood Village.
God hates you and illegals. Go Dems 2008.
TDZ

Aurora, CO

#36 Jul 5, 2007
Iggy wrote:
<quoted text>
My heart & thoughts go out to all on that site. I hope the injured get well quickly and that the witnesses will sleep soon. What a total trajedy.
As for the IMMIGRATION TROLLS just ignore them. Maybe they will go away one day. I choose not to feed the trolls and to give my thoughts to those who need them right now.
good luck, I do hope everyone is ok!
GO BACK TO MEXICO!
Just dismayed

Fort Morgan, CO

#37 Jul 5, 2007
Concrete Man wrote:
By the way,
You are not of the hook either 9news. What a great spin to put on this,'the building was behind schedule could this have something to do with it'. In case you did not consult with your weather dept. this has been one of the worst years for the construction industry due to the large snowfalls and cold temps in Nov, Dec and Jan. The 'news' makes me sick sometimes!!!
Not only that but when there are changes in the building it takes time for all the paperwork to go through, approval and design change by the engineers, approval by the city, then the paperwork the contractor has to do. All these things take a lot of time.
whatsup

Aurora, CO

#39 Jul 5, 2007
After 30 years in Denver I can't believe how many rednecks still are here. Maybe if you did your job correctly you would'nt be worried about the people that actually want to work instead of complain. I have to agree 9news is the new fox news and anyone thats claims to be a "Bush Christian" should think twice at how many innocent people he and his god have killed in Iraq.

We should all learn the meaning of compassion and truth
CONCRETE GURU

Denver, CO

#40 Jul 5, 2007
MY GOSH THE IGNORANCE IS IN ABBUNDANCE TODAY. SCHEDULES DO PLAY A FACTOR IN ACCIDENTS. I AM ALWAYS ARGUING THAT I WILL NOT JEPORDIZE QUALITY FOR TIME. HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HEAR COME ON GUYS WE'RE BEHIND SCHEDULE? PLENTY. ILLEAGAL, LEGAL, UNION, OR NOT, IT DOESN'T MATTER. IF ONE LOOKS AT THE SLIDE SHOW CLOSE ENOUGH IT APPEARS THERE WASN'T ANY RE-SHORES FROM 11 TO 12TH FLOOR. THE CADANCE OF THE MUD HITTING THE DECK AT 60 TO 80 CU. YARDS PER HOUR IS ENOUGH TO MAKE ANY DOMINOS TOPPLE. I SURE HOPE THESE PEOPLE RECOVER FOR THEIR FAMILIES SAKE. FOR ALL YOU OTHERS GET OVER YOURSELVES. THEY ARE CALLED ACCIDENTS NOT ON PURPOSES.
Just dismayed

Fort Morgan, CO

#41 Jul 5, 2007
whatsup wrote:
After 30 years in Denver I can't believe how many rednecks still are here. Maybe if you did your job correctly you would'nt be worried about the people that actually want to work instead of complain. I have to agree 9news is the new fox news and anyone thats claims to be a "Bush Christian" should think twice at how many innocent people he and his god have killed in Iraq.
We should all learn the meaning of compassion and truth
This forum is about a construction accident. What do "Bush christians" have to do with anything?
Iggy

Broomfield, CO

#44 Jul 6, 2007
TDZ wrote:
<quoted text>
GO BACK TO MEXICO!
That made me laugh! I will one day visit again, but now I have to buy a passport because my driver's license isn't enough.$100 thats a lot of dough, so it will be a while.

Sorry to diappoint you, I am peach colored born in the State of Virginia. I've got a real WHITE A$$ you can kiss if ya like!

Get a life Troll, and some compassion for the injured regardless of any color, nationality etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 29 min EdmondWA 37,222
Event Rents {poor guest service/employee morale} 37 min Nope triple stack 38
last post wins! (Feb '11) 2 hr Icnoptnthis 25,967
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 4 hr Respect71 23,536
New talent on spicyfreecams 13 hr roxpoxy 1
Display Rainbow Flag? 22 hr Sharon S 7
Memorial Day 23 hr Shanille 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenwood Village Mortgages