9NEWS - Top News Article - Work on bu...

9NEWS - Top News Article - Work on building with collapse was m...

There are 38 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Jul 5, 2007, titled 9NEWS - Top News Article - Work on building with collapse was m.... In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

VIEW SLIDESHOW GREENWOOD VILLAGE - " The multi-million project for "The Landmark" building where a portion of a floor collapsed Thursday morning was at least six months behind schedule, records show At least a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Dude

United States

#1 Jul 5, 2007
Months behind schedule? Well, this latest incident should help to get it back on track!:)

4 Messicans were injured. Maybe the backup beepers should be in Spanish!
D DEE

Denver, CO

#2 Jul 5, 2007
Looks and soundes like a job that should have been union. Do it right the first time. It all costs the same !
Concrete Man

Kittredge, CO

#5 Jul 5, 2007
By the way,
You are not of the hook either 9news. What a great spin to put on this,'the building was behind schedule could this have something to do with it'. In case you did not consult with your weather dept. this has been one of the worst years for the construction industry due to the large snowfalls and cold temps in Nov, Dec and Jan. The 'news' makes me sick sometimes!!!
construction guy

Denver, CO

#6 Jul 5, 2007
oops wrote:
vamanos.....vamanos...el concreto es el falling a mundo. paco...pablo ricardo...donde esta....aye-chihuahua.......
LOL usally these comments don't get a reaction from me. This one however!!! I feel bad for the injury but the comment was hilarious
Concrete Man

Kittredge, CO

#7 Jul 5, 2007
First- The building did not collapse. This is a cast in place building, which means the columns and floors are cast in place from concrete. There are forms placed to do this, in this case it was shoring for the floor that was being poured that collapsed. Temporary shoring that the floor is poured on, which is removed after the concrete cures. The 12th floor of the building took the impact of the floor above falling on it and did not fail, so those of you who think this is a shoddy built building, you couldn't be further from the truth

Second - How extremely vicious to see something like this happen and only be concerned if the workers were illegal or not. How about being concerned about their lives, and families.

The ignorance and prejudice displayed in this forum today is a sad statement of our culture...
Paul A

Denver, CO

#8 Jul 5, 2007
It looks like oops was trying to get to the Telemundo website instead of 9NEWS.com , I Can't understand a thing that they have typed.

And It looks like the building was not too safe, or the floor would not have collapsed.
Jerkwater Steve

United States

#10 Jul 5, 2007
Folks, a little compassion - PLEASE! After all, 4 Messicans were injured here. Us taxpayers are going to have to pay for their medical care before we ship 'em back to Mexico.

We gotta pay! Where's the compassion?
Union

El Segundo, CA

#11 Jul 5, 2007
This is a Union project. It is unlikely there were many illegal immigrants on site. We're not talking about KB Homes.
Reality

United States

#12 Jul 5, 2007
I acknowledge that I can't see everything from the pictures. but it almost appears that there wasn't any shoring under the area that collapsed. Yet they were pouring on it.
JEFF

Denver, CO

#13 Jul 5, 2007
D DEE wrote:
Looks and soundes like a job that should have been union. Do it right the first time. It all costs the same !
Nah at least when it's a union job it will actually function correctly.
I'm sorry us union guys just like to be paid a decent wage and not have to work on X-mas
we have a slogan
"UNIONS THE PEOPLE THAT BROUGHT YOU WEEKENDS"
PEOPLE THAT WORK 90 HOURS A WEEK FOR THE SAME RATE OF PAY DON'T MAKE SENSE TO ME.
I had a lady call me one time to fix a plumbing probem that another company had charged her $300.00 and just screwed it up worse.
I had to charge her double time because it was Sunday.
Even at that rate the bill came to $180.00 total.
I asked her why she did not call us in the first place, her response was "Your'e too expensive"
lets see for $180.00 I fixed her problem on a Sunday
but for $300.00 she got screwed from the other guys.
She asked me " why do you charge double time on Sunday?"
My response was " because if we didn't people like you would call me on weekends, nightime, holidays?"
We do have lives too.
Your perception of right the first time is good.
JEFF

Denver, CO

#14 Jul 5, 2007
Concrete Man wrote:
First- The building did not collapse. This is a cast in place building, which means the columns and floors are cast in place from concrete. There are forms placed to do this, in this case it was shoring for the floor that was being poured that collapsed. Temporary shoring that the floor is poured on, which is removed after the concrete cures. The 12th floor of the building took the impact of the floor above falling on it and did not fail, so those of you who think this is a shoddy built building, you couldn't be further from the truth
Second - How extremely vicious to see something like this happen and only be concerned if the workers were illegal or not. How about being concerned about their lives, and families.
The ignorance and prejudice displayed in this forum today is a sad statement of our culture...
I ain't the least bit concerned about their lives.
Concrete Man

Kittredge, CO

#15 Jul 5, 2007
Union wrote:
This is a Union project. It is unlikely there were many illegal immigrants on site. We're not talking about KB Homes.
You're wrong, this was not a Union contractor.
union guy

Monroe, LA

#16 Jul 5, 2007
good luck selling them
Bush Christian

Liberia

#17 Jul 5, 2007
Proof positive that God hates Greenwood Village.
kckc

Pueblo, CO

#18 Jul 5, 2007
I thought digg was bad with comments, but this is amazing. The stupidity in some of these comments is amazing, but yet a few did make me laugh. I just hope everyone comes out ok, legal or not.
Concrete Man

Kittredge, CO

#19 Jul 5, 2007
JEFF wrote:
<quoted text>I ain't the least bit concerned about their lives.
Well you sure can be proud of that!!
Electrical Man

El Segundo, CA

#20 Jul 5, 2007
Concrete Man wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong, this was not a Union contractor.
Yes it was. Nyah nyah nyah nyah.
Pat

Wheat Ridge, CO

#21 Jul 5, 2007
kckc wrote:
I thought digg was bad with comments, but this is amazing. The stupidity in some of these comments is amazing, but yet a few did make me laugh. I just hope everyone comes out ok, legal or not.
Agreed!
human being

Bayfield, CO

#22 Jul 5, 2007
I bet all of you who are worried as to the legal status of those who were hurt are Native Americans. No one from your family had to cross a border, an ocean and go broke trying to make it here. Jeff- my father - a union man - would be embarrassed by you.
lopez

Tarrytown, NY

#23 Jul 5, 2007
oops wrote:
vamanos.....vamanos...el concreto es el falling a mundo. paco...pablo ricardo...donde esta....aye-chihuahua.......
lol....you forgot lupe and juan

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 50 min Wondering 56,229
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 59 min NEMO the Exalted 30,023
Mexicans (Mar '14) 12 hr Alienslol 134
broncos hoof the cowboys Mon As I see it 3
Male on Female Facesitting topix? (Nov '16) Sun Wrestler facesitter 20
Men wearing panties and bra and sex with women (Jul '16) Sun DocLuvin1 24
bt Sun Ondecks 6

Greenwood Village Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenwood Village Mortgages