Woolly Mammoth Hair Yields 'Fantastic' DNA

Posted in the Greenwood Village Forum

“I'd rather be fishing”

Since: Aug 07

Colorado

#1 Sep 27, 2007
Interesting article..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298316,00...

How much longer until someone tries to clone a mammoth?
Vivek Golikeri

Hollywood, FL

#2 Mar 16, 2013
In 1968, a fourteen-year-old boy at high school in Trinidad was called a cunumunu by classmates for talking about "deoxyribonucleic acid." Coonoomoonoo is a Trinidad word, possibly of Native American origin, meaning a weirdo. I was also called a mouk, a Trinidadian word of West African origin meaning crazy.

Today the issues raised by the nerdy mouk are routinely used in crime labs to test culpability and free the innocent. Someday the genetic engineering I used to predict as a teenager will be used to eradicate inherited diseases.

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#3 Apr 10, 2013
Vivek Golikeri wrote:
In 1968, a fourteen-year-old boy at high school in Trinidad was called a cunumunu by classmates for talking about "deoxyribonucleic acid." Coonoomoonoo is a Trinidad word, possibly of Native American origin, meaning a weirdo. I was also called a mouk, a Trinidadian word of West African origin meaning crazy.
Today the issues raised by the nerdy mouk are routinely used in crime labs to test culpability and free the innocent. Someday the genetic engineering I used to predict as a teenager will be used to eradicate inherited diseases.
Smelly mouk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 min The_Box 21,564
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 13 min Wondering 4,412
Julia Lopez 19 min Local 3
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 29 min The_Box 18,143
Democrats the party of SCUM 1 hr Wilber 17
Review: Tree Land Christmas Trees (Dec '11) 2 hr Nucklehead 15
last post wins! (Feb '11) 11 hr mr goodwrench 25,103
More from around the web

Greenwood Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]